PDA

View Full Version : Extra Magic Hour???

3kingeryboys
11-05-2009, 10:19 PM
We are going to WDW in Feb and they have a post about extra magic hours at night. I will be there for 2 of the nights and just wonder how long they stay open? It says up to 3 hours. I just really wanted to know how long for both AK and HS. We are planning to do as much as possible and this would help up out.

Has anyone done the EMH at night and is it worth it? It sounds fun but only the rides posted are open right? What else is open how does it work. Last time in 04 when we were there we didnt know about the EMH.

seanyred
11-05-2009, 10:28 PM
To answer a part of your question. I believe EMH in the evening very much well worth it. Especially if you are able to stay until it closes because the longer EMH goes on the thinner the crowd.

And yes the park that has EMH for that night will stay open 3 hours after closing to the general public.

Scott C
11-06-2009, 12:31 PM
Yes the rides listed are open as are most major shops. Finding something to eat is a little more challenging. The only thing you have to do to use EMH is to show your Room key at the entrance to each attraction. You can really get a lot done in those three hours--don't give up after the first hour--the crowds do thin out later.

Thanks
Scott C

LVT
11-06-2009, 07:48 PM
We stay on property especially for the EMH. The Am hour is efficient, but the late night ones are more magical. Think roller coaster star viewing.

Mysttree
11-06-2009, 09:48 PM
I agree- Evening EMH are DEFINITELY worth it! You can do so many more of the most popular rides!!
The only Early morning EMH that I think is worth is the AK- the animals are much more active in the a.m.!
Hope you have a great time-

MushuGrl
11-08-2009, 11:16 PM
I've honestly only done MK's evening EMH's...and they are SO SO SO AWESOME! MK is just extra magical at night. Lines are much shorter*, and for me, its prime time for castle picture taking. :blush:

*exception to the rule being Peter Pan, which is the exception to EVERY rule. Sup with the lines there?

bruin1344
11-09-2009, 01:12 PM
MK is only worthwhile since nearly all the attractions stay open and the crowds thin out as the night goes on

Epcot and DHS are not worth it unless you enjoy walking around the parks at night, the crowds are bigger on those nights than during the days even during moderate season, most of the attractions were over half hour wait