PDA

View Full Version : 40th Birthday Trip-Day 5 -last day :(

sacandjac
11-05-2009, 10:27 AM
Characters:

DH-48
DD-12
Me-40

Today we head to Epcot! We do get up and get moving today! We are at Epcot a little after 900 so we are good.

We ride Spaceship Earth first (I really love this ride). We then head to Soarin where we get a fast pass and then do Living with the Land (I really love this ride too-but there were no Mickey shaped pumpkins. Must have used them for decoration in the parks). We then head to Test Track and wait in line-posted at 30 minutes and it took about that long. We met a family in front of us also from Louisiana so we had a nice chat with them while waiting. After Test Track we head to Soarin to use our fastpass. After riding we grab another fast pass for later in the day. DD and I then do single rider line at Test Track-she has never been old enough to try this, but it was great. We got on in about 5 minutes. She was in the car in front of me and we exited the vehicles at the same time. This was really great and something we will definitely do in the future!

We have lunch at the electric umbrella, which was not smart considering all the great food they have in the World Showcase-I don't know what I was thinking!

We then head to the World Showcase. We do the ride in Mexico and Norway (first time for my husband). We stayed for the movie at the end in Norway and really enjoyed it. For the first time we went inside the China pavillion and looked at everything-this was another treat and we really enjoyed it! We tried some of the food from the Food and Wine Festival-empanadas and they were really good. I can't remember where they were from-Brazil maybe? We made our way to Germany and my DD was extremely disappointed to find that they no longer had the dolls. The young lady working in there said they were getting ready to have an extensive rehad in the Germany Pavillion and she did not know if the dolls were coming back. DD was crushed. We have been buying/looking at these dolls since 2002-always the highlight of her trip.

We then catch the boat back to Mexico and head over to Soarin to use our fastpass!

We ate at LeCellier in Canada and food was great as usual. Great waiter/service and we really enjoyed our meal. We all had steak-DD and I had the filet and I can't remember which steak DH had. I had french fries with mine and they had some type of potato that they were not crazy about. We did share a bowl of cheese soup, which was delicious. DH had the sorbet (which was coconut this night) and DD and I had creme brulee.

We then head to do Spaceship Earth again and head out for the night. We decided not to stay for Illuminations. We saw it in January twice and will catch it again in May.

We spent the evening packing and trying to figure out where to put all the souvenirs for the flight back.

Check out Day:

I will say that Tiffany Towncar was right on time for our pick up to return to airport. Seemless car ride, Southwest check-in and flight home!

We are always sad on our last day as we watch all the people arriving and checking in.

Oh well countdown to next trip:

197 days, 19 hours and 17 minutes! Come on May!

princessgirls
11-05-2009, 11:31 AM
Happy 40th Birthday Jill! You are in good company, us people that were born in 1969!

I hope your birthday celebration was a magical one!

Thanks for sharing your report!
Julie:mickey:

faline
11-05-2009, 12:02 PM
It's always a disappointment when something you're looking forward to has changed or is no longer offered! Still, you had a wonderful trip and a fun day in Epcot!

KylesMom
11-05-2009, 03:09 PM
Thank goodness you have another trip to look forward to in such a short time - this one went too quickly! At least your last dinner of the trip was a great one - LeCellier is among our favorites. Don't you hate trying to fit everything just right so your suitcase won't split open on the way home? :D

It sounds like you had a wonderful time - thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

SBETigg
11-05-2009, 03:35 PM
Aw, check out day is so sad! I went to WDW for my 40th, too. Sounds like you had a great trip!

pdrlkr
11-06-2009, 10:48 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

mrsgaribaldi
12-14-2009, 08:33 PM
I hate check out day. I think we all feel the same way. I can't even look at anything Disney for the first few days I'm home, makes me to sad.:( Thanks for sharing;)