PDA

View Full Version : Requesting a specific room/view

phlo8810
11-04-2009, 03:32 PM
Okay, so we are leaving monday for a much needed trip to the Boardwalk. At 10 days out we called and requested a boardwalk view. It just seemed like they were putting us through the motions stating "we'll note it to your account". We really want a boardwalk view for this trip, what is the best way to get this? Is there anything we can do to up our odds? Also we are using points to stay in a preferred view 2 bedroom villa, I'm kind of hoping someone will tell me that all 2 bedroom villas are boardwalk view. Thanks for any help in advance

faline
11-04-2009, 03:39 PM
Disney World's policy has always been that they will try to honor room requests made by guests but will not guarantee that your requests will be met. They do note guest preferences on reservations when they are made.

TammiMcMan
11-04-2009, 04:45 PM
I thought the policy with DVC renters, was that member services would not take room requests.

laprana
11-04-2009, 04:55 PM
I could be wrong, but I believe that if you are staying in the Villas, you have to specifically book a Boardwalk View room to get that view. I know that there are 3 view categories through DVC - Standard (which I think looks at the parking lot), Preferred (which I think looks at the pool or other water area), and Boardwalk (which looks out over the boardwalk). If you have a preferred room booked, I don't know that they would give you a boardwalk view room unless they were giving you an upgrade. Hopefully if I'm not correct about this, someone will provide the correct info.

CleveRocks
11-04-2009, 09:46 PM
laprana is correct. There are 3 views: standard, preferred, and BoardWalk. There IS a specific BoardWalk category. A villa in this category costs more points/cash than a villa in the preferred category.

There are very few BoardWalk view villas (not sure how many are 2 bedrooms), and thus your chances of getting a free upgrade are very slim.