PDA

View Full Version : 40th Birthday Trip-Day 4 MK and DTD

sacandjac
11-04-2009, 02:41 PM
Characters:

DH-48
DD-12
Me-40

This morning I agree to sleep in a little-boy was I sorry. It started my day off yucky not being at MK when it opened. Oh well I do get over this eventually, but it did take all day. Everyone is dragging and we finally get to MK by 10:30. Crowds are high today (level of 8) and it is very warm. DD and I hit the Tiki Room and we all get together to do the Jungle Cruise. I don't know why I love this ride so much, but I do. We also do Pirates and then head to lunch at the Plaza restaurant. We check in about 25 minutes early so we thought we would have to wait. We were pleasantly surprised with about a 3 minute wait. We were glad for a place to sit and a little AC. Lunch here was okay-all three of us had the grilled chicken sandwich. For dessert I had the brownie sundae and DD and DH had the cheesecake. The sundae was not great, but the cheesecake was good. The service here was excellent and it was a nice treat out of the heat.

After lunch we decide the crowds are really high so we hop the monorail to the Polynesian and then a bus for DTD. I like DTD, but we often skip because the transportation to and from is so bad. The wait for a bus to DTD was about 20 minutes but were happy when we left DTD to see our resort bus waiting! Everyone was a little cranky, tired and hot so we did get some shopping done, but not much.

We then get back to CSR and rest up for the Wishes Dessert Party!

We feel a little rejuvenated as we head back into MK about 6:30. We see Mickey's Philharmagic, ride HM and then head over to the location to check in for the dessert party. The line to check in was very long, and we waited about 15 mintues in line, but not too bad. We had a great table. The line to get to the buffet was a little slow, but nothing to get upset over. Desserts were good and we had a great view of the fireworks. We were so excited to see Tinker Bell fly right over our heads!

After the fireworks crowds leaving were unbelievable. DH decided to head back to room (this is about 9:30) but DD and I decide to stay until park closed.

What you will not believe is after all the desserts we decide we need real food since we hadn't eaten since lunch. We run into Casey's and get a hot dog, some corn dog nuggets and fries (yes I was about 4 lbs heavier when I got back, but well worth it) and find us a place on the sidewalk and happily eat as we watch the crowds make their way out. We then head over to SM and BTM. Splash is walk on. BTM had about a 30 minute wait so we hop in line and it is constantly moving. Not a bad a wait at all. We were all watching a man eating a turkey leg and falling asleep while standing up-really weird but none of us could look away. We then walk on SM again-lots of fun!! When we finished riding SM the second time they asked us if we wanted to ride again, but decide we are pretty dry still and don't want to risk it. LOL!! We do some shopping and take a leisurely stroll out of the MK. No wait for bus and pretty soon we are back at CSR and sleeping.

The day did not start out well, but ended fabulously!!

Again, sorry for the long report, but once I get started I can't stop! Thanks for reading!

faline
11-04-2009, 03:23 PM
Well, it's certainly much better to have a day improve steadily instead of going downhill and ending on a bad note! You certainly had a fabulous time in the Magic Kingdom!

We once did the dessert option for Fantasmic that Disneyland offered but have not done the Magic Kingdom option for Wishes! Sounds yummy!

KylesMom
11-04-2009, 04:38 PM
Yeah, some times those later nights don't pay the next day . . . but I'm glad to know that your afternoon & evening improved and that the dessert party was a resounding success.

We were all watching a man eating a turkey leg and falling asleep while standing up-really weird but none of us could look away. Too funny! Thanks for sharing another day with us! :mickey:

BigThunderFan
11-04-2009, 06:06 PM
Glad to hear it was a great day after all!

I am really upset that they have not extended the Wishes dessert party further into January :(

pdrlkr
11-05-2009, 09:24 AM
Thanks for the Report! :balloon:

mrsgaribaldi
12-14-2009, 08:30 PM
I was dying to do that party!! It sounds like another great day.:mickey:

vizsla
12-15-2009, 05:17 AM
Thanks for the report.