PDA

View Full Version : The Wolfman

Pagan
11-04-2009, 11:57 AM
Anyone see the HD trailer on youtube? Normally I'm leery of remakes, but this one looks absolutely amazing.

Greenlawler
11-04-2009, 12:57 PM
This looks very cool. I for one love it when the remake the old school movie monsters. I loved Dracula, and King Kong. Godzilla however was a disaster.

Pagan
11-04-2009, 02:20 PM
Godzilla however was a disaster.
Couldn't agree more. It wasn't a bad movie though...it just wasn't Godzilla. They should have just made a new monster.

DVC2004
11-04-2009, 03:02 PM
Couldn't agree more. It wasn't a bad movie though...it just wasn't Godzilla. They should have just made a new monster.

They did- it was called [I]Cloverfield[I]. Which I enjoyed very much.

I haven't seen the trailer you mentioned but I will look it up at once! Sounds great.:thumbsup:

Pagan
11-04-2009, 03:23 PM
They did- it was called [I]Cloverfield[I]. Which I enjoyed very much.

I haven't seen the trailer you mentioned but I will look it up at once! Sounds great.:thumbsup:
Cloverfield definitely was a good flick!

And look that vid up asap...you'll be blown away at how good they're making this. Look for the HQ version.

DVC2004
11-04-2009, 06:25 PM
I just checked out the trailer. Wow, it looks really amazing!:thumbsup: I can't wait.

Pagan
02-16-2010, 11:00 AM
Saw it over the weekend. First of all...WARNING...do NOT bring kids to see this. It isn't the old Lon Chaney Jr. version.

This Wolfman is brutal and bloody. The film really shows the power of the creature in a way the original didn't.

It pays homage to thge original, but adds enough differences to keep it interesting without straying TOO far. Everything about it works, from the settings to the Bram Stoker's Dracula-ish score.

As a horror aficionado I give it two severed thumbs up! :thumbsup:

DVC2004
02-16-2010, 02:21 PM
We didn't get a chance to get out this weekend and see this- I hope to see it this week sometime. Thanks for the review. This has been one of the few movies I have been looking forward to.

thrillme
02-16-2010, 02:25 PM
I wanna see it but my boys don't seem to be too thrilled (wimps) :thedolls:

However...I liked the Godzilla remake:(.

NotaGeek
02-18-2010, 01:27 AM
MODERATOR ALERT

We don't usually allow discussion of R rated movies here, for obvious reasons. I will let this continue as long as this stays along the same lines ... please remember this is a FAMILY FRIENDLY site ... no discussion of specific gore or anything inappropriate or I will have to close it down.