PDA

View Full Version : Halloween in MK

minnie04
11-04-2009, 11:49 AM
Ok, so we just got back. I love going to Disney and this time was nice, but not as nice as times before. i dont know if it was me or what. I just kept thinking "is this it im not getting crazy about being here" we checked in at Pop, it was fine but I guess since we stay off property all the time now ( 5 in the family) we were crampt in this small room. I booked two rooms that ajoined, it was still crowded (kids had friends with them). I love the hotel and the kids love it too, but I just didnt have that Disney feeling this time. Even the store wa blah. I wetn in 4-5 times to try and find something to buy and walked out empty handed( i even came home with money ) which never happens.. Ok we made our way to the MK. That was really cool the decor for Halloween was very nice.The costumes were very cool. The park didnt seem that full, but very hot at times. I dont know this trip was planned in May and I looked so forward to being there. It just felt so dfifferent. I love going for Xmas maybe thats why it didnt feel right. Im usually the one that wants to stay longer ,but this time I was ready to go home when it was time.. All I kept thinking about all weekend was 'is this the feeling people get that never want to come back" I wasnt feeling the Magic I feel everytime we go..Oh well sorry to ramble but I was so looking forward to this trip and to feel this way about it stinks!!:(

How can I get the feeling back?????

faline
11-04-2009, 12:12 PM
Sorry you were disappointed in your trip! Hopefully, the magic will return for you very soon!

Ms. Mode
11-04-2009, 12:20 PM
Maybe it's WDW burnout...give it a couple of months or so. I know that when you look forward to the trip for so long and then it's here..and over...before you know it there is a sense of "let down". My company calls it "Vacation Spike".

It's cureable :mickey:

disneykid@hrt
11-04-2009, 12:42 PM
I know exactly what you mean. On our last trip I was ready to go home when the time came and usually I throw a mini-tantrum. I don't know what it was. Luckily, I already had another trip booked to go back in January so I now get to plan that one. I love planning. And I'm going to try things we haven't tried before.

Sometimes it is just the wrong time- or a series of little negative events that can make it seem "not so fun." But maybe in a few weeks you can look at your pictures and remember some good moments and all of the Magic will come back. Don't sweat it!

princessgirls
11-04-2009, 01:06 PM
Sorry your trip didn't live up to all you had hoped.

I do hope that you had some magical moments here and there.

Thanks for sharing.

Julie:mickey:

minnie04
11-04-2009, 02:13 PM
Thanks, don't get me wrong I had a great time. I just didnt have that WOW Disney feel this time, but I am going back..Maybe it was just the timing and I need to do things i havent done in a while..shows, sit down and actually watch the whole parade, ride rides again ..etc.. I think it was also my kids are bigger now 17 & 13 they took off with there friends & cousins. I have a 5 year old that loved everything, but maybe it was the FAMILY togetherness i was missing.. I talked to them alittle about it and they were cool with going back just US as a family. I will plan something around that soon. And we will see what happens:mickey:

KylesMom
11-04-2009, 04:30 PM
I'm sorry that your trip wasn't quite as magical as you had hoped. Wishing you are able to recapture that magic on the next trip! :mickey:

pdrlkr
11-05-2009, 09:23 AM
Sorry about your trip. :(

BluewaterBrad
11-05-2009, 04:16 PM
Sorry to hear about that also. Maybe burnout. We just returned from one of the best trips of all time, so its hard to relate. It also sounds like you missed being around your two other sons. I bet they missed you being around also! Your next trip will be better!:mickey:

mouse2508
11-08-2009, 02:15 PM
I know the feeling, our trip in May started out that way, and then we did something "crazy", something "new": during a heavy downpour @ DHS everyone ran for cover and we walked down the full length of Sunset Blvd, just the 4 of us in our ponchos, from TofT all the way to GMR. Walking down the street during the middle of the day, and the park was full, but it was like the street suddenly became vacant and we said "hey, we're on vacation, what the heck?" As we walked down the street we quickly felt the stares and realized WE were on stage, so we began waving to folks as we waked by, really "soaking" up the moment. This spontaneous magical moment had been created out of nowhere, and we've talked about that moment so much since we've been back. On your next trip I wish you a similar experience, to make your own magic! :rain: