PDA

View Full Version : La Cellier vs The Wave??

brown1442
11-03-2009, 08:27 PM
We are debating... any insight? Which is more kid friendly??

We'll be staying at Poly so The Wave would be closer/easier to get to... but I *think* we are planning to spend some time at Epcot with the kids (they are young... probalby too young to really enjoy it yet) so we could work that in.

lockedoutlogic
11-03-2009, 08:39 PM
we went to the wave and it had bad food....

i don't care if le cellier was an AARP mixer....i would still choose that with my 2 under 2

SurferStitch
11-03-2009, 09:39 PM
DH and I REALLY disliked the Wave. Food and service were just terrible. We went in October of 2008. The place was almost empty, and we still got stuck at a table just outside the kitchen. We had a couple servers brushing past us the entire time. It was very annoying feeling my hair blow around every time they whooshed by.

The food was terribly bland and flavorless. My crab cake appetizer was a mushy hockey puck (had better at a diner), and my fish was so boring. DH's steak was also bland, and seemed like a cheap cut of meat.

We love Le Cellier, and have a dinner there every time we visit WDW. Food is well seasoned and cooked, and the servers are so much fun to chat with.

SBETigg
11-04-2009, 07:22 AM
If you're looking for a good 1 TS dining experience in the MK resort area, I recommend the Grand Floridian Cafe. Le Cellier is good, pretty basic and not as impressive as the popularity suggests, but good. Your kids will be welcome and comfortable at Le Cellier, GF Cafe, and The Wave.

ledudes
11-04-2009, 08:05 AM
Never tried the Wave, but we love Le Cellier and have always taken the kids. It doesn't feel as kid friendly as some of the other places, but there have always been kids when we've gone.

Tinkermom
11-04-2009, 09:21 AM
Either place is fine with kids. If you are looking for a quieter park-free evening you could go to The Wave and then hit the arcade at the Contemporary after dinner (depending on the age of your kiddos). Our kids always love doing this.

We have enjoyed both restaurants very much. Here is a recent review I gave on The Wave. DH and I just ate there about 3 weeks ago:

DH and I ate at The Wave a couple of weeks ago and enjoyed it very much. The service was attentive although our waiter was not overly friendly. We DID receive FREE dessert for each of us since we were celebrating our 20th anniversary! :party:

I loved the butter that was served with the whole grain bread. They sprinkle smoked sea salt on top of the butter - it was so good!

DH and I got the shared appetizer - seared tuna and chicken filled summer rolls and it was so fresh and yummy!

For dinner DH got the lamb shank which he said was awesome and fall off the bone tender. I got the linguini with little neck clams and shrimp in a chunky tomato broth. Again, it was wonderful! The tomato broth was so fresh tasting as well.

Desserts are kinda cool. You get 3 small ramikins filled with your choice of dessert. There are 5 different choices including a sugar-free option. I got the "Decadent Flavors" which was blueberry compote with yogurt gelato, lemon cornbread with vanilla panna cotta and chocolate mousse with salted caramel (YUM!). I really liked getting a taste of 3 different things.

Overall, we really enjoyed our meal at The Wave and would definitely visit again! :thumbsup:

ThanxForNoticin
11-04-2009, 12:26 PM
We have also eaten at both restaurants and enjoyed both a lot. We found the food, service, and atmosphere at The Wave to be surprisingly good. Given the choice of the two, we would probably head to Le Cellier - either would be fine with kids. Enjoy!

DisneyAggies
11-04-2009, 01:05 PM
Le Celier--hands down! We've been there the past uh...3 years now with little ones, NOT AN ISSUE. There are plenty of little ones there.

Our server and the hostesses SPOILED our boys while we were there...they LOVED it! :mickey:

omearac
11-04-2009, 07:27 PM
We tried The Wave in September and the food was awesome. We had a great experience and will absolutely go back next year. I am a vegetarian and when nothing on the menu was appealing to me our server very quickly brought the chef out who whipped up a great tofu dish. They were so nice and the bread and butter was YUMMY!!! The desserts are AWESOME!! The panna cotta was my favorite. YUMMY!!!!!!!! :cloud9: