View Full Version : Just returned from POP

JoDisney
11-03-2009, 11:41 AM
We did the online check-in for the first time. Our registration was for a standard room. We live in Florida and have annual passes. We stay at POP when we go for a long weekend and a deluxe if it is a week long stay. This was a POP stay. I really liked the online check-in. They asked two questions on the online form. "Do you want to be located near the transportation?" AND "Do you want the ground floor?" They said we could check both if we preferred and that is what we did. The room was ready in the morning when we arrived. It was the 70s Building right near the Goofy Water Play Area. We had a short, short walk to the food court and the transportation. This trip was totally about the theme parks. The teens liked that they could go to the food court with ease when they pleased. It was a great room. It was exactly what we requested. The online check-in experience was great. P.S. The theme parks and the resort were not crowded.

DisneyFr33k
11-03-2009, 12:41 PM
We were at POP last week too and did the online checkin. The longest wait was waiting for the couple ahead of us. They hung around asking a lot of other questions about other things not to do with the check in. :mad: Made my DH comment about having a FAQ person stationed elsewhere to answer questions like these so those in our line could check in (it was so long that our check in line became almost as long as the regular check in lines). Once it was our turn, the check in was literally 2 minutes. Our room was ready - we were on the 2nd floor of the 60's building, facing the lake w/trees obscuring the view of the run down buildings across the way. Perfect!!!

BigRedDad
11-03-2009, 01:59 PM
We stayed in the 70s building too. Our first floor room faced the little playground right there. Short bus walk, short food court walk, close pools. Loved it there. I will go back almost any stay.

clausjo
11-03-2009, 02:53 PM
Question for the OP, were you booked into a preferred room? I'm just wondering because usually these rooms are closest to the lobby/food court building. We're in FL and generally stay in one of the Value resorts for short stays, too. I'll be staying here in February and am thinking about making the same requests.

clausjo
11-03-2009, 02:54 PM
Oops!!! I totally missed that you already said you were in a standard room. :blush: I think I'll try the same thing when we get there and see if I can get close to the action!

JoDisney
11-04-2009, 09:48 AM
I paid for a standard room, but I must have been given an upgrade. We were so close to the food court. You could see it from the room and walking you were there in less than a minute. It was great when you wanted to refill your mug. As I said the room was ready in the morning. It was not crowded at all. It was a nice room.

Imagineer1981
11-05-2009, 11:39 AM
We stayed in the 70s building too. Our first floor room faced the little playground right there. Short bus walk, short food court walk, close pools. Loved it there. I will go back almost any stay.

Thats where we were too...room 0158!!

princessgirls
11-05-2009, 11:55 AM
All good to know as we are staying at the POP for the first time in December.

Sounds good and smooth. We like that!

Julie:mickey:

lighteningqueen
11-08-2009, 12:46 PM
This will be our first time there as well. have only stayed at music in the suites..Question. Where do I want to be. I love the 50's and the 60's era. But do I want 60's and I think e would like the lake view either way instead of the pools unless there is no view. Any help would be thankful and helpfull. i want it to be memorable and this may have to be the last time for a while. It is so expensive to do this every year. 60's lake view or 50's lake view. I do not want to stay in the others.

BluewaterBrad
11-08-2009, 01:26 PM
Very nice! We live in Fl. also and do the same thing as you guys. Values for the long weekends and mods or delux for our weeek stays!:mickey:

Daisy'sMom
11-08-2009, 02:14 PM
Very nice! We live in Fl. also and do the same thing as you guys. Values for the long weekends and mods or delux for our weeek stays!:mickey:

We always stay at POP. After years of spending our money on a deluxe, we decided we could spend it other ways since the amount of time we spent at the hotel was very limited. Staying for the weekend starting the day after Thanksgiving. Can't wait.:mickey:

mickeymousedabomb
11-08-2009, 03:51 PM
So we just did our 10 day prior check in and there was no question for us to fill out about location. If there had been we would've said yes to both near transportation and a ground floor. I was hoping there would be a spot to type in requests. Anyone have this happen too?

JoDisney
11-10-2009, 11:31 AM
There are two boxes you can check on the bottom.

The reason we choose a deluxe in the summer is because we take advantage of the resort in the summer. Yes, we have annual passes, but we do not stay in the parks all day. We go to park in the evening in the summer for obvious reasons. However, we love the deluxe resort all day long and very late at night when returning from a park. This summer we enjoyed the AKL. It is one of our favorite deluxe resorts and has soooooo much to offer.