PDA

View Full Version : Mailing package..

Melliesmom
11-03-2009, 10:00 AM
I am mailing a package down to the CBR for our vacation on 11/18. Do you think one week ahead of time would be sufficient? How long will they hold it until we get there. Do I still put my resevation number on the label? Also, what mode of mailing does everyone use? Thanks for any help! :)

faline
11-03-2009, 10:28 AM
I haven't actually done but I do know you should put your arrival date and reservation number on the outside of your package.

Here's (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=159397&highlight=package+mail) some information from another discussion you might find helpful.

KylesMom
11-03-2009, 12:17 PM
We ship a box down prior to each trip - and send it back home via the front desk upon completion of our trip filled with stuff that won't fit in our suitcases.

Note that if you send your package via the U.S. Postal Service it will go to a mail sorting facility first - and could then take a few days more than anticipated to arrive at your resort.

We usually ship via FedEx 3-Day Select service without problem. We ensure that we have our name, date of check-in & the name of the resort written in a few different places on the box, along with the corresponding air bill. :mickey:

LittleRoosMommy
11-03-2009, 06:41 PM
We always do this as well. We usually use UPS and have never had any problems with them. I usually send it down 7-10 days in advance of our arrival. Make sure you label it with your name, resort name, arrival date, and /or reservation number.

I like using UPS b/c I can track the package and see when it arrives at the resort. Once I know the package has arrived I always call the front desk/concierge to double check that it has arrived and make sure it is noted on our reservation. This way it is brought directly to our room once it is ready.

We always ship it back home as well and have never had any problem. FYI, if you're leaving on a Sunday, make sure you ship your box home the day before (Sat) if possible. We found out the hard way that they do not ship things on Sundays, even from the conference centers, and our box had to stay in FL without us for a day.:blush:

Hope you have a great time!

wdwfan
11-04-2009, 07:40 PM
I always use UPS. You can go to their website and enter shipping info and get the delivery date, that way you know exactly when to ship. I always address to myself, with the arrival date, c/o resort. I have it scheduled to arrive 2 days before. With UPS you can go online and track your package and it will also give you name of person that signed for it. I print out and take, but have never needed. They always tell me upon check I have a package and they deliver to room.

jnfr2424
11-05-2009, 10:29 AM
I always use UPS. You can go to their website and enter shipping info and get the delivery date, that way you know exactly when to ship. I always address to myself, with the arrival date, c/o resort. I have it scheduled to arrive 2 days before. With UPS you can go online and track your package and it will also give you name of person that signed for it. I print out and take, but have never needed. They always tell me upon check I have a package and they deliver to room.

Thanks so much for this advice as I also am about to ship things off for our upcoming vacation!