PDA

View Full Version : ADR"S sugggestions

jax86
11-03-2009, 07:03 AM
I am making reservations for an upcoming trip and wanted some suggestions as to where to eat. We will only be in Disney a few days. so far I have booked le Cellier and calif. grill. Is there an italian restaurant that anyone would recommend? How about a good breakfast buffet? WE will not be visiting AK so wouldn't want to make the trip there to eat.We will have 1 teenager with us. thanks:)

Ms. Mode
11-03-2009, 07:54 AM
We love Mama Melrose in HS :thumbsup:

Tinkermom
11-03-2009, 08:53 AM
We have never done Italian at WDW (hmmm...may have to next time :)). As for breakfast buffets our favorite is Crystal Palace. It has great food - the breakfast lasagna is awesome - and you just cannot beat being in MK early. It is such a great way to start the day! It is a character meal with Pooh and friends so you may have to consider that with a teenager. My teens still enjoy it! :mickey:

Another great non-character breakfast is Boma at Animal Kingdom Lodge.

SBETigg
11-03-2009, 09:09 AM
Breakfast Buffet:
If you're headed to Epcot or DHS, consider Cape May Cafe.

If you're headed to MK, consider Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park Fare, or Crystal Palace (in park). I prefer Grand Floridian Cafe, but not a buffet.

Italian: Il Mulino at the Swan. Tutto Italia at Epcot. But there's also Mama Melrose at DHS or Tony's in the MK has been getting some favorable reviews lately.

Genie1953
11-03-2009, 10:03 AM
As for breakfast buffets our favorite is Crystal Palace. It has great food - the breakfast lasagna is awesome - and you just cannot beat being in MK early. It is such a great way to start the day! It is a character meal with Pooh and friends so you may have to consider that with a teenager. My teens still enjoy it! :mickey:

Exactly what is this breakfast lasagna....I have seen several reviews talking about this wonderful breakfast lasagna and I must admit my curiosity is peaked. We have an ADR there ourselves and can't wait!

lockedoutlogic
11-03-2009, 11:59 AM
Breakfasts:

Kona (not buffet but probably the most underrated breakfast), Whispering Canyon, Boma (best breakfast buffet). Crystal palace if you want characters - cape may also a nice choice

I wouldn't necessarily go Italian at WDW. Il Mulino at the Swan (or is it dolphin?) has gotten really good reviews since it opened. Mama Melrose is hit or miss. Tony's is TERRIBLE. Tuotto Italia is good...but not necessarily for the price. Portabello's at Downtown is very good

But i will make my blanket suggestions....try Chefs De France, try Brown Derby, try Jiko, try Citricos, eat at Pucks

Gator
11-03-2009, 12:01 PM
For Italian, head over to Mama's Melrose. The Pork Marsala (dinner only) is the best dish I've ever had at WDW. Very tasty.

bruin1344
11-03-2009, 01:16 PM
I am not crazy about any of the italian restaurants, if you need your italian fix, chose tutto italia over mama melrose

Tinkermom
11-03-2009, 02:20 PM
Exactly what is this breakfast lasagna....I have seen several reviews talking about this wonderful breakfast lasagna and I must admit my curiosity is peaked. We have an ADR there ourselves and can't wait!

It is a sweet layered dish with pancakes,waffles, custard, banannas and berries (blueberries and raspberries). YUM!

javamama
11-03-2009, 06:26 PM
We loved Crystal Palace the first year we took the kiddos, Chef Mickeys to me wasn't so hot last year. We also loved dinner at 1900 the wicked stepmother will make your teenager laugh! As for Italian being from Chicago, we eat at home not at WDW--sorry!

brownie
11-04-2009, 06:44 AM
We like Mama Melrose's at Disney's Hollywood Studios but haven't eaten at the other Italian places. I would like to try Tony's Town Square sometime, though.

Our favorite breakfast buffet is Goofy's Beach Bash at Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club. We really enjoy it there.

ledudes
11-04-2009, 08:09 AM
I agree with the above suggestions. Crystal Palace has good food and nice atnosphere and it is nice to get in the park early. I heard Tony's is bad but we liked Mama Melrose and will be trying tutto in December.