PDA

View Full Version : Tips / Gratuities

fielin
11-02-2009, 04:28 PM
Hi !

Please excuse me if I come as naive or uneducated, (and excuse my english, as this is not my first language...) but I'm thinking of going on a 4 Day cruise on our next WDW trip, and I can't find anything about tips or gratuities on boat.

- When are you supposed to give tips ?
- How much is advised ?
- What about your waiters, knowing that dining is included and that you probably don't have any idea what amounts to 20% of the value of the meal ?

On an unrelated note, I know that all meals are included while onboard, but what happens when not at sea ?

Thank you for any information you can provide, as I really don't know anything about cruises ! :)

Donald_Quackers
11-02-2009, 08:31 PM
Hi !

Please excuse me if I come as naive or uneducated, (and excuse my english, as this is not my first language...) but I'm thinking of going on a 4 Day cruise on our next WDW trip, and I can't find anything about tips or gratuities on boat.

- When are you supposed to give tips ?
- How much is advised ?
- What about your waiters, knowing that dining is included and that you probably don't have any idea what amounts to 20% of the value of the meal ?

On an unrelated note, I know that all meals are included while onboard, but what happens when not at sea ?

Thank you for any information you can provide, as I really don't know anything about cruises ! :)

I'll try to answer as best I can:

1. You are given envelopes to put the tips in the night before the last.
2. Disney will give you a sheet with recommended tips. For a 4 night cruise, here's what they recommend (from their site):
Dining Room Server: $16
Dining Room Asst. Server: $12.00
Dining Room Head Server: $4.00
Stateroom Host/Hostess: $16.00
The rest is at your discretion, but I've generally seen $1 to $2 for room service
Alcoholic Drinks automatically have a gratuity attached to it when purchased at one of the bars or a server near the pools
3.Covered in #2

When not at sea, you pay for everything in port (except Castaway Cay, where it's like the ship).

Hope this helps!

DisneyFr33k
11-03-2009, 08:03 AM
I'll try to answer as best I can:

1. You are given envelopes to put the tips in the night before the last.
2. Disney will give you a sheet with recommended tips. For a 4 night cruise, here's what they recommend (from their site):
Dining Room Server: $16
Dining Room Asst. Server: $12.00
Dining Room Head Server: $4.00
Stateroom Host/Hostess: $16.00
The rest is at your discretion, but I've generally seen $1 to $2 for room service
Alcoholic Drinks automatically have a gratuity attached to it when purchased at one of the bars or a server near the pools
3.Covered in #2

When not at sea, you pay for everything in port (except Castaway Cay, where it's like the ship).

Hope this helps!

The money amounts above are per person in each stateroom.

Food is served every day no matter if you are docked or at sea.

fielin
11-03-2009, 04:58 PM
Thank you so much for these answers ! :thumbsup:
The tips seem very reasonable when compared to a resort.