PDA

View Full Version : Just back from CSR and still homeless!!

Belster
11-02-2009, 10:35 AM
We just got back from an eight night stay at CSR.

The Cast:

ME
DH
DD12
DS4
DS1

Let me start off by saying that this is a beautiful resort...the pictures do not lie. The rooms are very nice with fantastic beds. I loved the closing doors between the bathroom and the room. It was so nice having a fridge and extra counter space. The CM's were fantastic!!! Very nice and efficient. Beautiful pool! :mickey:

With that said I will never stay there again! I just did not feel like I was at Disney at all. I am going to have to preface by saying that I was most excited about my trip because I was trying a new resort. I was so dissapointed! My comcerns may not be those of other people's but I just did not like the feel I got when I was there...it is not my WDW home.

I can't seem to put my finger on the reason that I did not like it but I know why I have enjoyed Pop and Poly. I love noise and pool action and going to the lobby and seeing people all around....I felt all alone at CSR. This may be for some but it is not for me. I felt like I was in Tampa at my grandmother's 55 and older apartment community....very quiet....yet stunning at the same time.

I am a fit person and love to walk/run but this resort gave me a workout....I hardly even used my mug because I did not want to walk to the lobby. (We stayed in Ranchos)

I am looking forward to planning another WDW trip for next December and trying a new place....I will need to make a pros and cons list to help me chose my next resort location.

buzz2001
11-02-2009, 11:40 AM
I know what you mean about the quiet. That's one of the things I love about CSR. No matter how crowded the resort is, its seems quiet and and times like you are alone.

It definitely is a big resort but we don't mind the walking.

darthmacho
11-02-2009, 12:12 PM
I loved CSR, and I thought it felt very Disney to me. I do wonder if the quiet and the distance were amplified because you were in the distant Ranchos? When we stayed, we were in Cabanas and had a view of the main building. The grounds were a little more active, but not too busy. The casitas area seemed to be buzzing most of the time, and was close to the action.

Oh well, sorry you didn't love it. Everyine has different tastes, so next time go for something more your style. :mickey:

KatMark
11-02-2009, 12:26 PM
I'm glad you tried CSR, and sorry that it wasn't for you. That's what is so great about Disney...there is something for everyone. One of the reasons we love CSR, is we like the "peace and quiet" after the mornings and evenings at the park when we are back at the resort relaxing (and exactly why we hated All Stars and the CR...too crowded and too noisy). As for the "Disney Feel"...the only place I think you get that "Disney feel" is the values and the CBR now with the Nemo and Pirate rooms. I found nothing "Disney" about the Poly or the CR or the POFQ when we visited...but that is just our opinion.

I hope the rest of your trip was great.

Kenny1113
11-02-2009, 12:38 PM
I agree with you about CSR. Not that it's not Disney, but that I will probabally not stay there again. We did a last min trip last week and chose that over port Orleans (as I had stayed there before). I would have rather stayed at a value resort than CSR. I was not happy with the dining either. Peppers market , $$$ plus tip included . when I asked cashier what service fee was she lied and said "for the kitchen" and denied it was for tip for servers. I paid thought this sounded odd ( usually businesses recoupe kitchen cost through price. I asked the mgr and he informed me it was for servers. I then explained to him what cashier said. Oh btw we found a huge roach in our room in the am!!!

On the plus side the resort was very quiet.

SBETigg
11-02-2009, 12:48 PM
We have friends who stayed in CSR and said the same thing- it didn't have that Disney feel for them. Sounds like you'll have to rush back to WDW to stay at another resort soon. December's not to far off. :thumbsup:

javamama
11-02-2009, 04:43 PM
Dh and I stayed there when we were dating, but I wouldn't stay there w/my kids nowadays. Way too big for them, plus the whole atmosphere isn't so great for a toddler. Dh and I did really enough it though, we stayed in rooms that had a quiet pool out our door. I do know what your talking about with the treks for the buses!

Gator
11-02-2009, 05:16 PM
Is there a Mod Resort that feels really Disney? The place I've been that was really "Disney" was AllStarMovies. Every other resort is designed to look like a far away place, and I like that. And Coronado is great for eating IF you're on the dining plan. Then, the Pepper Market is only a counter service and quite a value.

I'd be willing to bet that some of the people that say CS isn't Disney enough hate the Giant Hat at DHS because it makes the theme park "too Disney".

Belster
11-02-2009, 05:35 PM
I have stayed at quite a few different WDW resorts and always felt the Disney vibe...sorry I just was not getting it at CSR.

I tryed....really tryed!

I am going to have to agree with a pp that I am not sure I will get what I am looking for at any Mod....I may try Wilderness Lodge...any thoughts?

KatMark
11-02-2009, 10:11 PM
I undestand what you are saying; I guess I just don't need to feel a "vibe" while I'm at my resort.

We have visited the WL twice--the first time we walked the grounds and ate at their food court (pretty good for a deluxe food court and the limited selection); we went back last year to eat at WCC (never again--awful service and awful food). It's a beautiful resort, but we will never stay there--the theme just doesn't appeal to us in Florida plus it reminds of neighboring resorts in our neighbor state Wisconsin with log cabin/outdoorsy theme--just not us. We are trying AKL next year for three nights before going back to the CSR for five nights. Have you tried AKL?

Belster
11-02-2009, 10:18 PM
Hey katmarc too funny!! We live close by eachother and your reason for not staying at WL are the same reasons I have not stayed there...lol.

KatMark
11-02-2009, 10:36 PM
That is funny...I didn't even look to see where you lived. I used to go to Elgin all the time with our dog to the eye doctor and with sports when our kids were in high school.

The WL is beautiful, just not our "thing". I was going to suggest the Poly to you as well...but you already have stayed there.

BigRedDad
11-11-2009, 05:21 PM
It has been 10 years since I have been there. We are going in March. For me, the resort is to relax, swim, sleep/nap. If you really get down to it, there are almost no resorts that have a Disney feel other than AS Movies, parts of Pop, and Fort WIlderness (only place I stayed growing up). You will see Disney stuff at all resorts. However, none of them immerse you in Disney.

Polynesian: Nothing there is Disney other than it was one of the first Disney resorts.
GF: Not even close to Disney immersion
Contemporary: Original resort and will always have its place
Fort Wilderness: Original part of Disney and will always be Disney
WL: Other than the totem poles, not much Disney there.
AKL: Nothing too Disney about this resort. It is an African safari.
CBR: Never stayed or visited
POR: Nothing there really. Only stayed once when it was DL.
PFQ: ALl New Orleans and not much Disney immersion
CSR: Same immersion as all other mods
Pop: The giant statues of characters are the immersion. That is about all that is there
AS Sp, Mu: Nothing really there either.
As Moview: Has all of the Disney shows and immersion.

Now, if you are talking about immersion based on the noise, number of people, etc, I would tend to agree. CSR is definitely a convention resort and many people there are not there for Disney. This tends to take away from some of the feel.

Belster
11-11-2009, 07:30 PM
Yes...as you can see from my signature I have stayed at Poly a number of times and GF as well. I still say by far CSR was not a fav of mine at all. Nothing wrong with it...just not for me. I LOVE Poly and feel VERY WDW when there. Love the feel I get at Pop.

I def..do not go to WDW to relax...lol. Love noise, and people and fun!!!

I am so happy that there are all different styles of resorts for everyone.