PDA

View Full Version : buying disney dollars??

dumbo_buddy
11-02-2009, 08:49 AM
hi all!! (not sure this is the right place to post. mods, please feel free to move)

my aunt and uncle and their three kids (10, 8, and 6) are going down in 3 weeks. they are staying at WL in a cabin...LUCKYYYY!!!

i was thinking it would be nice to send them down with some disney dollars to spend at a restaurant. or maybe have them waiting for them when they arrive.

what's the best way to set them up for a dinner (also, can i make an ADR for them??)

THANKS!! :rocks:

GrmGrninGost
11-02-2009, 01:25 PM
I think you can make an ADR for them. You would need their name and the kid's ages and whether or not they were on the DDP. Also, you might need the reservation number for their trip.

The best way to do the Disney Dollars would be to purchase them (if they still have them) at the Disney Store and give it to them before they leave. I don't think you can have anything like that waiting for them when they arrive. It never hurts to call guest relations and ask though.
Good luck!:mickey:

Seasonscraps
11-02-2009, 04:38 PM
you could make ADRs for them but I would only do that if you know their schedule.

I don't think disney dollars are available anymore - I am pretty sure i read that here a few weeks ago. Maybe get an amex or visa gift card instead - they have more flexibility.

whitney37354
11-03-2009, 10:59 AM
They aren't selling Disney Dollars at Disney Stores anymore. You can still get a Disney Gift Card and put any amount of money you want to on it.

Lizzie
11-06-2009, 03:52 PM
Also agree they aren't selling Disney Dollars at the Disney stores. You can buy a gift card and maybe suggest they use it to buy Disney Dollars when they are there. My neices sure enjoy looking at Disney Dollars.