PDA

View Full Version : Electric wheel chair rental

phlo8810
11-01-2009, 07:34 PM
Didn't know where to post this but I was wondering if anyone has ever rented one of those electric scooters? We rented one for my father for our upcoming trip. They say the battery lasts for 6hours of continuous use. I am wondering if that is enough power to last each day in the parks, plus getting to dinner every nite then doing nightime activities. Should we request a backup battery? Don't want to get stuck with a dead scooter in the parks thanks.

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-01-2009, 08:19 PM
We rented my Mom an ECV for our last trip, and recharged it each night. It lasted just fine during the day, but she was careful to go slowly and turn it off whenever we were stopped for more than a few minutes.

reneeandmark
11-01-2009, 08:38 PM
I rented one this past summer as I had a torn Achilles tendon. I used it ALL day EVERY day and only had to charge it at night. I was extra sure to turn it off whenever we were sitting for a while and it worked out great.

phlo8810
11-01-2009, 10:04 PM
Thanks for the replies sounds like we should be fine. 1 more week til we find out.

PETE FROM NYC
11-02-2009, 12:57 PM
I rented a scooter from Apple Scooters in September.I kept the charger with me and when dining, I plugged it in for a charge.
I was told , that if needed, ask any park CM where to plug in.
If you look around, you will find an empty outlet someplace, or you can go into a shop or restaurant and ask there.
Forget about plugging in outdoors during a night parade because the electricity may be off during the darkening of the park.

ransam
11-04-2009, 10:54 AM
I rented a scooter from Apple Scooters in September.I kept the charger with me and when dining, I plugged it in for a charge.
I was told , that if needed, ask any park CM where to plug in.
If you look around, you will find an empty outlet someplace, or you can go into a shop or restaurant and ask there.
Forget about plugging in outdoors during a night parade because the electricity may be off during the darkening of the park.

were you satisfied with Apple? i used Randy's and Walker and loved them. I'm using Apple this time cause of how cheap it is...Just wondering if Apple is good.

thanks.