PDA

View Full Version : When to go?? Feb or March??

brown1442
10-31-2009, 12:51 AM
Dh and I are debating between first week in Feb or first week in March for our vacation. We don't want it to be too hot as my younger son doesn't tolerate heat well AT ALL (makes him sick) BUT we want it warm enough to swim because that is what my oldest son REALLY wants to do.

I know March would be more expensive... and likely more croweded (but would there really be much of a difference?)

Any advice???

SurferStitch
10-31-2009, 01:50 AM
DH and I did a last minute long weekend in early March of 2005. We had amazing weather with blue skies, and highs in the low to mid 70's. I wore a nice tee and capris, and was very comfy. I did wear a hoodie in the morning and evening, but it was more than enough.

We got a great deal at Pop for room only with an AP discount, and didn't eat big, fancy meals like we usually do. We did the trip pretty frugally, and had one of the best trips ever.

If you can swing March, I would do it then. We also had some of the smallest crowds I had ever seen. It was great!

faline
10-31-2009, 03:46 PM
The first week of February typically features low crowds. However, swimming can be iffy at this time of year. We have gone swimming in February and had lovely weather but found some days to be a bit too cool for us to be comfortable in the pool.

ThanxForNoticin
11-01-2009, 10:08 AM
Crowds in early Feb are low - it's the best time of year to visit from the perspective. But as mentioned, the weather can be iffy for swimming. We've been down in early Feb several times, and I can only remember one trip where we didn't have at least one day where we had pool weather - most trips we can enjoy the pool a couple times. The chances of swimming in early March will be greater, but then you'll get into some early spring break visitors and probably larger crowds. I find it hard to believe you would have to deal with any really hot weather for either time period. Have fun, whichever you choose.

MO Disney Couple
11-03-2009, 05:55 PM
We have gone in March the last two years. The first year weather was great and crowds not bad. This year we went in March and crowds were much bigger. Weather was much cooler as well especially int eh evening time. In Feb 2010 just DH and I will be going from 3-10

mickeefan
11-05-2009, 08:56 AM
Just something to think about, if it has not already been mentioned.

The 2010 Flower & Garden Festival at Epcot starts on March 3rd. This is really a spectular event to see. The topiaries, alone, are fantastic.

faline
11-05-2009, 09:25 AM
The 2010 Flower & Garden Festival at Epcot starts on March 3rd. This is really a spectular event to see. The topiaries, alone, are fantastic.

This is true! It's a great festival but I prefer to attend this after the spring break season has, essentially, ended.

mickeefan
11-05-2009, 11:18 AM
I have to agree with you. That's why we are going the last week of it in May.