PDA

View Full Version : Disney Trivia (Expert Edition)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Zawadi
10-30-2009, 05:03 PM
I think that it is about time that this thread was resurrected.

Recap of the rules:
5 Disney related trivia questions are posted. Once all questions have been correctly answered somebody else posts the next set.

How many hotdogs are consumed in WDW each year?
Where in WDW would you find the tallest Christmas Tree?
How many miles does the WDW bus fleet cover per year?
What is special about the height of the Hollywood Tower Hotel?
How many towers are there on Cinderella's Castle?

Phantod
10-30-2009, 05:23 PM
No idea on items 1, 2, 3, or 5.

But I believe what is special about the height of ToT (And Expedition Everest as well), is that they are both under 200 feet tall. If they were 200 feet or taller, then they would need lights on them to ward off aircraft...and that just ain't Disney.

Joannelet
10-30-2009, 05:25 PM
I think that it is about time that this thread was resurrected.

Recap of the rules:
5 Disney related trivia questions are posted. Once all questions have been correctly answered somebody else posts the next set.

How many hotdogs are consumed in WDW each year?
Where in WDW would you find the tallest Christmas Tree?
How many miles does the WDW bus fleet cover per year?
What is special about the height of the Hollywood Tower Hotel?
How many towers are there on Cinderella's Castle?

1. 5 million hot dogs are consumed each year
2. Contemporary Resort has the tallest christmas tree
3. 15 million miles are covered by the bus fleet each year
4.Its 199 feet because if it was 200 feet the FAA would require a light beacon on the top
5. 18 towers on Cinderella's castle

Zawadi
10-30-2009, 06:22 PM
1. 5 million hot dogs are consumed each year
2. Contemporary Resort has the tallest christmas tree
3. 15 million miles are covered by the bus fleet each year
4.Its 199 feet because if it was 200 feet the FAA would require a light beacon on the top
5. 18 towers on Cinderella's castle

Excellent. Well Done,
However to answer them within 23 minutes, they must have been too easy :)

Your turn

BluewaterBrad
10-30-2009, 06:34 PM
GREAT Post!! Looking forward to more!!:mickey:

Joannelet
10-30-2009, 07:45 PM
I am a disney nut :)
Here are my questions :)

1. Elements of which Magic Kingdom attraction were discovered in the Yucatan?

2. What celebration was the castle transformed into a birthday cake for?

3. The Walt Disney World Railroad travels clockwise around the Magic Kingdom. At one time it did run counterclockwise during the construction of what attraction?

4. What attraction in Tomorrowland was in development and test stage for 10 years before it opened?

5. How many total acres were originally purchased by Walt and Roy Disney when the park opened?

Lakin
10-30-2009, 09:32 PM
2. What celebration was the castle transformed into a birthday cake for?

The 25th anniversary! My first trip to Disney World when I was 18 months old.

Joannelet
10-30-2009, 10:10 PM
The 25th anniversary! My first trip to Disney World when I was 18 months old.

Awe No way!!! :) (sooo cute!)
You got number 2 correct! :)

reneeandmark
10-30-2009, 10:49 PM
1. Magic Kingdom Railroad

Joannelet
10-31-2009, 07:06 AM
#1 has the correct answer! Magic Kingdom Railroad! :)

reneeandmark
10-31-2009, 08:49 AM
Just a guess, mind you... but it would seem to me that #4 might possibly be TTA (formerly WEDway). I know it was ORIGINALLY to be in EPCOT and was tested in DL, so it might fit your criteria.

Zawadi
10-31-2009, 09:09 AM
A good set of questions from Joannelet to get me into WDW thinking mode before to my trip in December :mickey:

1. Elements of which Magic Kingdom attraction were discovered in the Yucatan? - Already answered

2. What celebration was the castle transformed into a birthday cake for? - Already answered

3. The Walt Disney World Railroad travels clockwise around the Magic Kingdom. At one time it did run counterclockwise during the construction of what attraction? Spash Mountain (opened 1992)

4. What attraction in Tomorrowland was in development and test stage for 10 years before it opened? Carousel of Progress

5. How many total acres were originally purchased by Walt and Roy Disney when the park opened? 30000 of which the parks now occupy 1100 with 7100 developed in total

Joannelet
11-01-2009, 07:38 AM
A good set of questions from Joannelet to get me into WDW thinking mode before to my trip in December :mickey:

1. Elements of which Magic Kingdom attraction were discovered in the Yucatan? - Already answered

2. What celebration was the castle transformed into a birthday cake for? - Already answered

3. The Walt Disney World Railroad travels clockwise around the Magic Kingdom. At one time it did run counterclockwise during the construction of what attraction? Spash Mountain (opened 1992)

4. What attraction in Tomorrowland was in development and test stage for 10 years before it opened? Carousel of Progress

5. How many total acres were originally purchased by Walt and Roy Disney when the park opened? 30000 of which the parks now occupy 1100 with 7100 developed in total

K, here you definitely have number 3 correct.
Number 4 and 5 are incorrect.
You are right with number 5 being the amt of land that The Walt Disney Company owns TODAY. However back then it was a slightly different number when Walt and Roy purchased it......I'm looking for a different amt of acres....

Number 4 and 5 are still open :)

Joannelet
11-01-2009, 07:41 AM
Just a guess, mind you... but it would seem to me that #4 might possibly be TTA (formerly WEDway). I know it was ORIGINALLY to be in EPCOT and was tested in DL, so it might fit your criteria.

Nope not TTA. Keep guessing :)

Zawadi
11-01-2009, 11:30 AM
#5: Not sure of the total figure but in 1964 Robert Price (a.k.a. Disney Lawyer Robert Foster) agreed to an option to purchase 12,400 acres in Florida owned by three Orlando home builders for US$145 per acre. Also documented are the purchase of 1250 acres of land north of Bay Lake and a 8500 acre cattle ranch in Osceola County

Lakin
11-01-2009, 01:17 PM
4. Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin

Joannelet
11-01-2009, 02:06 PM
4. Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin

nope :)
Getting close by the process of elimination.

Zawadi
11-01-2009, 03:37 PM
#4: Tomorrowland Speedway?

Lakin
11-01-2009, 06:04 PM
4. Space Mountain

Joannelet
11-01-2009, 09:04 PM
4. Space Mountain

Space mountain is it!! :)

Joannelet
11-01-2009, 09:06 PM
#5: Not sure of the total figure but in 1964 Robert Price (a.k.a. Disney Lawyer Robert Foster) agreed to an option to purchase 12,400 acres in Florida owned by three Orlando home builders for US$145 per acre. Also documented are the purchase of 1250 acres of land north of Bay Lake and a 8500 acre cattle ranch in Osceola County

Do you want me to give you the exact acre since no one seemed to answer this one and you have a lot of info on it....plus you were correct with the amt of acres that they own today.....Let me know unless you want me to see if someone else chimes in......

reneeandmark
11-02-2009, 06:20 AM
YES!!! answer, please..

Joannelet
11-02-2009, 08:14 AM
K!
Here is the answer to number 5!
In total there were 27,443 acres or 43 square miles of property purchased at a cost of a little more than $5 million. (although in one other place I have seen it for 27,800 acres so I would have taken either). Today the Walt Disney Company owns over 30,000 acres. :)

Zawadi
11-02-2009, 01:09 PM
Who would like to post the next set of questions to test "the little grey cells", as Hercules Poirot would say?

Lakin
11-02-2009, 07:55 PM
Can't wait for the next round of questions! *puts on thinking cap* :mickey:

Joannelet
11-02-2009, 08:19 PM
Please someone post some questions!! I love this!!!

Zawadi
11-03-2009, 02:21 PM
OK here's the next set for you...

What have Roy O Disney and Admiral Joe Fowler got in common?
Who owns the tanker in Catastrophe Canyon?
How long (in feet) is the track of the Rock 'n' Roller Coaster?
The Viking longboat, in the Norway pavillion's play area, has appeared in which film?
Who provides the voice of Cousin Orville in the Carousel of Progress?

Joannelet
11-04-2009, 10:06 AM
#5 is Mel Blanc (voice of bugs bunny!)

Joannelet
11-04-2009, 10:09 AM
I think the rockin roller coaster track is 3400 feet.

Joannelet
11-04-2009, 01:29 PM
LOL I think I just found the company for catastrophe canyon...
Is it Mohave Oil Company?

Joannelet
11-04-2009, 01:35 PM
awe I know number 1 too but I think I'm going to give someone else a try. :)
I don't however know the boat in Norway one. I know I've seen it...it was or is the playground one right? I could take a guess at it...but I'm not 100% sure.....

Zawadi
11-04-2009, 02:16 PM
#5 is Mel Blanc (voice of bugs bunny!)

Recorded in 1963. When Mel discovered that Orville would be smoking a cigar, he recorded the voice with a pencil in his mouth!

I think the rockin roller coaster track is 3400 feet.

It only takes 3m:12s to cover the 3403 ft of track.

LOL I think I just found the company for catastrophe canyon...
Is it Mohave Oil Company?

Close enough - Mojave Oil Co. whose logo is also on the gas pumps at Oscar's Super Service Station (stroller rental place)

awe I know number 1 too but I think I'm going to give someone else a try. :)
I don't however know the boat in Norway one. I know I've seen it...it was or is the playground one right? I could take a guess at it...but I'm not 100% sure.....

Is that to give you time to think of your next set of questions :D

Joannelet
11-04-2009, 02:43 PM
LOL I dont want to come off as a thread hog LOL :pig:

Lakin
11-04-2009, 05:18 PM
Oooh, hard questions. I'm clueless on all of them. :/

Joannelet
11-05-2009, 02:26 PM
k, i've decided if someone doesn't answer number 1 by the end of the weekend then I will give the answer :)

Wadeace
11-06-2009, 12:38 PM

they both worked together on the Florida project. as well as on disney land, with Walt. Admiral Joe Fowler led the construction teams.

Zawadi
11-06-2009, 12:43 PM

they both worked together on the Florida project. as well as on disney land, with Walt. Admiral Joe Fowler led the construction teams.

Good answer but not what I'm looking for.

Hint: The answer is not related to the actual persons but a namesake.

Giggy
11-07-2009, 10:53 PM

They both have vehicles named after them at Magic Kingdom, is that the answer you were looking for?

Admiral Joe Fowler's name was given to one of the ferry boats that take guests from the Transportation & Ticket Centre to Magic Kingdom and vice versa. This is the boat with green panelling. The blue panelled boat is the General Joe Potter while the red panelled boat is the Richard F. Irvine.

Roy O. Disney is the name of train number 4 on the Walt Disney World Railroad. Train number 1 is the Walter E. Disney and Train number 3 is the Roger E. Broggie. Train number 2 is the Lilly Belle, this one has been semi-retired from passenger service these days but is the show train that takes Mickey & Co. to the front gate on opening. She is then put on standby in the roundhouse as cover for if one of the other trains encounters problems.

Zawadi
11-08-2009, 05:15 AM
They both have vehicles named after them at Magic Kingdom, is that the answer you were looking for?

Admiral Joe Fowler's name was given to one of the ferry boats that take guests from the Transportation & Ticket Centre to Magic Kingdom and vice versa. This is the boat with green panelling. The blue panelled boat is the General Joe Potter while the red panelled boat is the Richard F. Irvine.

Roy O. Disney is the name of train number 4 on the Walt Disney World Railroad. Train number 1 is the Walter E. Disney and Train number 3 is the Roger E. Broggie. Train number 2 is the Lilly Belle, this one has been semi-retired from passenger service these days but is the show train that takes Mickey & Co. to the front gate on opening. She is then put on standby in the roundhouse as cover for if one of the other trains encounters problems.

You are SO, SO CLOSE!

There is a specific item that common to both the boat (Adirmal Joe Fowler), but not the one that is in service, and Engine #4 (Roy O. Disney)

Zawadi
11-08-2009, 05:46 AM
#4 The Viking longboat, in the Norway pavillion's play area, has appeared in which film?
This is a really tough question.

Hint: Stars Antonio Banderas and directed by John McTiernan

Joannelet
11-08-2009, 08:26 AM
OK here's the next set for you...

K, I'm going to have to answer now since my little man has an ear infection and I don't know if I can go back on later....

The Admiral Jow Fowler was a boat that was on the rivers of america in Magic Kingdom. (don't know what year sorry). It went into refurb and when they put it up on the lift to work on it, it wasn't centered and fell....it was too much to repair. The whistle of that boat can now be found on the #4 train the Roy O. Disney.

:)
I hope someone figures out the one in Norway! :)

Zawadi
11-08-2009, 08:40 AM
The Admiral Jow Fowler was a boat that was on the rivers of america in Magic Kingdom. (don't know what year sorry). It went into refurb and when they put it up on the lift to work on it, it wasn't centered and fell....it was too much to repair. The whistle of that boat can now be found on the #4 train the Roy O. Disney.
:congrats:
The year was 1980. The whistle on the Roy O. Disney has a much lower pitch than the whistle on each of the other WDW MK locomotives.

Joannelet
11-08-2009, 08:43 AM
Thanks for letting me know the year! :) I also didn't realize that the pitch was lower...but it makes sense :)
I will have to listen for it when I'm there again :)

GusNJacque
11-08-2009, 09:10 AM
That's really cool about the whistle.

Is the Norway vessle in the 13th Warrior?

Zawadi
11-08-2009, 10:09 AM
Is the Norway vessle in the 13th Warrior?

It sure is! :mickey:
Disney/Touchstone film (1999) based on Michael Crichton's book "Eaters of the Dead" which in turn was adapted from Viking Folklore.

Joannelet has first refusal for posting the next set of questions.

Joannelet
11-08-2009, 03:32 PM
LOL I actually just realized I spelt Jow Fowler instead of Joe Fowler...sorry about that :)
He got a new name there for a second.

Anyways, do one of the other people that guessed or answered questions want to post some new questions?

Anyone out there that wants to join in and ask?

If so ask away!!! :) If not, Zawadi just let me know if you want me to post or not.

Joannelet
11-10-2009, 04:15 PM
1) What is the name of the restaurant that was orginally known as The Studio Pizzeria?

2) How many legs support Spaceship Earth?

3) Which other ride could you have heard "Its a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow on besides The Carousel of Progress? (and yes there was one other attraction where it could be heard!)

4) The first manatee ever to be born in captivity at The Living Seas was in 1991. What name was given to the baby manatee?

5)Which themed land exclusive to Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom was originally planned for Disneyland in the 1950's?

DisneyAggies
11-10-2009, 04:36 PM
Just guessing here...so much fun reading all the answers, though!!
1) What is the name of the restaurant that was orginally known as The Studio Pizzeria? Pizza Planet
2) How many legs support Spaceship Earth? 3 pair

Joannelet
11-10-2009, 05:27 PM
Just guessing here...so much fun reading all the answers, though!!
1) What is the name of the restaurant that was orginally known as The Studio Pizzeria? Pizza Planet
2) How many legs support Spaceship Earth? 3 pair

Number one is incorrect

But number two is correct. The answer is 6 legs. Each leg is 18 feet long and supports a structure that weighs approx 16 million pounds :)

Wadeace
11-10-2009, 07:34 PM
1) on sept. 26th 1991 the studio pizzeria was reopened as Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano restaurant.

5) my guess would be liberty square. where as disney land has new orleans square.

Lakin
11-10-2009, 08:44 PM
1) What is the name of the restaurant that was orginally known as The Studio Pizzeria?

Mama Melrose?

Joannelet
11-10-2009, 08:44 PM
1) on sept. 26th 1991 the studio pizzeria was reopened as Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano restaurant.

5) my guess would be liberty square. where as disney land has new orleans square.

Very good!! You are correct on BOTH!!!!
Number 1, 2 and 5 are already answered!! Good job guys!! :)

Lakin
11-10-2009, 08:50 PM
I just now remembered, number 3 is Horizons. I did some research on the attraction a while ago.

Joannelet
11-10-2009, 08:53 PM
Yay! :mickey:

I just now remembered, number 3 is Horizons. I did some research on the attraction a while ago.

WOOHOOO!!! Very good!!! I miss Horizons...it was my favorite in Epcot :( Yes you are correct!! :)

So number 4 is looking for an answer!! :)

Lakin
11-10-2009, 08:59 PM
Number 4 is hard. :confused:

Joannelet
11-10-2009, 10:11 PM
sorry! I have to make some hard!!! :) I am dealing with Disney fanatics!! :)

Zawadi
11-11-2009, 07:27 AM
#4 The baby manatee was a male which was given the name Chester

(and in response to Joannelet's previous post I AM A DISNEY FANATIC :))

Joannelet
11-11-2009, 07:45 AM
#4 The baby manatee was a male which was given the name Chester

(and in response to Joannelet's previous post I AM A DISNEY FANATIC :))

I knew you were going to answer this one Zawadi! I had full faith in you! And you got it right!!!!
The manatee was given the name Chester when there was a contest for school children in Florida to name it. THe name CHESTER stands for Children Helping Endangered Species To Eventualy Recover :)

K! Another Disney fanatic has to post some new questions! :)

Zawadi
11-11-2009, 05:21 PM
But number two is correct. The answer is 6 legs. Each leg is 18 feet long and supports a structure that weighs approx 16 million pounds :)

I have read that each leg goes approximately 100ft into the ground.

I knew you were going to answer this one Zawadi! I had full faith in you! And you got it right!!!!
The manatee was given the name Chester when there was a contest for school children in Florida to name it. THe name CHESTER stands for Children Helping Endangered Species To Eventualy Recover :)

K! Another Disney fanatic has to post some new questions! :)
You got me on the derivation of CHESTER :thumbsup:

As Joannelet said another set of questions required. Who's up for the challenge of setting them?

Joannelet
11-11-2009, 07:29 PM
I have read that each leg goes approximately 100ft into the ground.

yes that is true :)

Joannelet
11-13-2009, 01:40 PM
K, I don't want to allow this thread to die so I'm going to ask a set of 5 more questions. :)
If anyone wants to jump in and ask more quiz questions after this set...please jump in!! Even if its just 1 or 3 doesn't have to be 5!
Here is the next set...I'm going to do movies and parks this time....

1) In the movie Cinderella what is the one thing that even her evil stepmother can't order her to stop doing?

2)In the Lion King movie what song does ZaZu start to sing before being told by Scar, "No NO anything but that!!" ?

3)The Shades of Green resort at WDW used to be called what?

4) What WDW resort opened 24 years AFTER the original drawings for the resort were created?

5) What is the name of the wedding studio located near Disney's wedding pavilion at the WDW Resort and why?

Zawadi
11-13-2009, 02:00 PM
We'll "it's a small world" as I've just worked out a set of teasers but you've nipped in and posted before me :mickey:

By the way that's my answer for question #2.

However, in the stage musical Zazu sings different songs depending on the production. The last time that I saw it in London, Zazu sang Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

Joannelet
11-13-2009, 02:06 PM
We'll "it's a small world" as I've just worked out a set of teasers but you've nipped in and posted before me :mickey:

By the way that's my answer for question #2.

However, in the stage musical Zazu sings different songs depending on the production. The last time that I saw it in London, Zazu sang Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

Great minds think exactly alike Zawadi :) LOL :)
Yes you are correct with Its a small world :) That is funny that the stage show does something diff. as a matter of fact I think the one on broadway does the same thing :)

So number 2 is answered. :)

Joannelet
11-14-2009, 08:28 AM
where's all my Disney fanatics? :)

Lakin
11-14-2009, 09:01 AM
1) To go to the ball?

Joannelet
11-14-2009, 09:02 AM
1) To go to the ball?

Good answer but no :)

Melanie
11-14-2009, 09:30 AM
3) The Disney Inn

DZNYGUY
11-14-2009, 09:37 AM
K, I don't want to allow this thread to die so I'm going to ask a set of 5 more questions. :)
If anyone wants to jump in and ask more quiz questions after this set...please jump in!! Even if its just 1 or 3 doesn't have to be 5!
Here is the next set...I'm going to do movies and parks this time....

1) In the movie Cinderella what is the one thing that even her evil stepmother can't order her to stop doing?

2)In the Lion King movie what song does ZaZu start to sing before being told by Scar, "No NO anything but that!!" ?

3)The Shades of Green resort at WDW used to be called what?

4) What WDW resort opened 24 years AFTER the original drawings for the resort were created?

5) What is the name of the wedding studio located near Disney's wedding pavilion at the WDW Resort and why?

Alright, check this out....

1. Even the evil stepmother can't stop Cinderella from "dreaming" I believe is the answer. After all a dream is a wish your heart makes!

2. Answered.

3. The Shades of Green resort used to be called the "Golf Resort." How original! ;)

4. Shot in the dark....Wilderness Lodge?

5. The wedding studio at the wedding pavillion is named "Franck's Studio" after Franck from Father of the Bride! My wife and I almost got married there!

Joannelet
11-14-2009, 10:55 AM
Alright, check this out....

1. Even the evil stepmother can't stop Cinderella from "dreaming" I believe is the answer. After all a dream is a wish your heart makes!

2. Answered.

3. The Shades of Green resort used to be called the "Golf Resort." How original! ;)

4. Shot in the dark....Wilderness Lodge?

5. The wedding studio at the wedding pavillion is named "Franck's Studio" after Franck from Father of the Bride! My wife and I almost got married there!

1. The answer is dreaming!! You are correct!

#4. The answer is WILDERNESS LODGE! Correct! The resort is inspired by the national lodges of the Northwest such as those found in Yosemite and Yellowstone.

#5. Martin Short is one of my favorite actors/comedians so yes of couse it is known as FRANCKS STUDIO after his performance in the movie as a wedding planner in Father of the Bride :) I went there this past July when I was there for my brother in laws wedding when the bride had to drop stuff off so I invited myself along so that I can see inside FRANCKS :) I love that movie!!!

3) The Disney Inn

Number 3: you are both correct!!! Shades of Green was called The Disney Inn from 1986 to 1994. Before that it was called the Golf Resort when it opened in 1973. Now of course its owned by the United States military (yay!) for use by its personnel. :)

Good JOB EVERYONE!!!!! Well done!

Lakin
11-14-2009, 11:09 AM
1) Complete this sentence from Alice in Wonderland: The time has come my little freinds to talk of other things; of shoes and ships and sealing wax and _________ and kings.

2) What did the Port Orleans Resort used to be called?

3) On the lobby desk in Port Orleans French Quarter, there is a series of music notes on a staff. When played, what song is it?

4) Which of the All Stars Resorts was opened most recently?

5) What are the names of the Animal Kingdom Parking Lot sections?

Lakin
11-14-2009, 12:09 PM
An hour and no answers. Come on! :D

Zawadi
11-14-2009, 12:24 PM
I'll take a shot at #5. The Animal Kingdom parking lots are:

Peacock
Butterfly
Unicorn
Dinosaur
Giraffe

Lakin
11-14-2009, 01:23 PM
I'll take a shot at #5. The Animal Kingdom parking lots are:

Peacock
Butterfly
Unicorn
Dinosaur
Giraffe

Correct!! :thumbsup:

Anyone want to take a gander at the other questions?

Zawadi
11-14-2009, 02:39 PM
OK, I'll try #1

Is the answer cabbages?

Genie1953
11-14-2009, 03:07 PM
#2 - Dixie Landings

Joannelet
11-14-2009, 03:37 PM
#3 when the saints go marching in?

Lakin
11-14-2009, 04:52 PM
OK, I'll try #1

Is the answer cabbages?

#2 - Dixie Landings

#3 when the saints go marching in?

Correct, Correct, and Correct! All have been answered but number 4.

Genie1953
11-14-2009, 05:53 PM
#4 - All Star Movies

Lakin
11-14-2009, 06:59 PM
#4 - All Star Movies

Correctamundo!

Would anyone like to post some more questions?

Zawadi
11-15-2009, 05:51 AM
Thanks for the great set of questions Lakin :mickey:

Here is the next set for you Disney fanatics...

Where can you hear commentary from a Duckfield University football match?
At what time and what caused the clocks to stop in the Hollywood Tower Hotel?
Name two places where you would see the late Leota Thomas?
Where would you find a Steam Donkey?
Who is represented by the first animatronic figure that you see within the Great Movie Ride?

Joannelet
11-15-2009, 08:36 AM
You can see the late Leota Thomas 2xs in the Haunted Mansion....once on her tombstone outside the haunted mansion :)
and the other inside the haunted mansion in the crystal ball. Is this what your looking for?

Joannelet
11-15-2009, 08:41 AM

Who is represented by the first animatronic figure that you see within the Great Movie Ride?

a pyramid of audio-animatronic starlets in a scene from Busby Berkeley's Footlight Parade

I know it starts off with musicals....but I'm not sure if this is the first or not.....
I'm another year older TODAY so forgive me if I'm losing my fanatic touch LOL :)

Zawadi
11-15-2009, 09:49 AM
You can see the late Leota Thomas 2xs in the Haunted Mansion....once on her tombstone outside the haunted mansion :)
and the other inside the haunted mansion in the crystal ball. Is this what your looking for?

The crystal ball is absolutely correct. The tombstone is good but I discounted it as you don't see Leota's face (as in the crystal ball and another location within the haunted mansion itself).
The question did ask for two references which you have given. So I'll have to give it to you. However, if you get the third then I'll be impressed! :)

a pyramid of audio-animatronic starlets in a scene from Busby Berkeley's Footlight Parade

I know it starts off with musicals....but I'm not sure if this is the first or not.....
I'm another year older TODAY so forgive me if I'm losing my fanatic touch LOL :)

You're being too hard on yourself! :) :birthday:
Footlight Parade is the fist scene that you see but the girls are just manakins. What comes next?

Joannelet
11-15-2009, 01:44 PM
The mini bride at the end saying HURRY BACK!!!!
IS that it? :)

Joannelet
11-15-2009, 01:46 PM
For some reason I thought the tombstone with the face whose eyes open etc. was Madame Leota too....thats where I got that brillian idea from LOL :)
But now I remember the little bride at the end is also her face. :)

Zawadi
11-15-2009, 01:59 PM
The mini bride at the end saying HURRY BACK!!!!
IS that it? :)

OK - I'm impressed!
Leota Thomas provided both the face and voice for Little (Hurry Back) Leota.

So, question #3 is answered.

Another fact: Leota Thomas' maiden name was Toombs! :hmghost:

Lakin
11-15-2009, 04:45 PM
Another fact: Leota Thomas' maiden name was Toombs! :hmghost:

I knew that!! :D I feel so special.

But of course I don't know the answers to the questions, so it doesn't matter. :secret:

Joannelet
11-15-2009, 07:32 PM

Where would you find a Steam Donkey?

K, I'm guessing on the hollywood tower one but was it midnight and because lightning hit it?

Steam donkeys are the cars you ride in on Expedition Everest

Zawadi
11-16-2009, 06:46 AM
K, I'm guessing on the hollywood tower one but was it midnight and because lightning hit it?

Steam donkeys are the cars you ride in on Expedition Everest

Lightning is correct :) However not midnight.

Steam donkeys are indeed on Expedition Everest :D

Joannelet
11-16-2009, 07:24 AM
these are tough!! :)

Joannelet
11-16-2009, 07:40 AM

K, is it Gene Kelly singing on the lampost for Singing in the Rain?

Zawadi
11-16-2009, 09:38 AM
K, is it Gene Kelly singing on the lampost for Singing in the Rain?

It certainly is :)

As said on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - "It would be easy if you knew the answers" :D

Joannelet
11-16-2009, 09:02 PM

just so u know this took me ALL day to find!! :) LOL
but its 8:05 pm. due to lightning :)

Zawadi
11-17-2009, 08:34 AM
its 8:05 pm. due to lightning :)

CORRECT!

just so u know this took me ALL day to find!! :) LOL

I know how you feel - the questions about acreage and the resort built 24 years after planning got me and I didn't find the answers!

Just question #1 remaining: Where can you hear commentary from a Duckfield University football match?

Is a clue required?

Joannelet
11-17-2009, 08:40 AM
i think a clue might be good...that one is SOOOOOO hard!!!

cEveArdenfan
11-17-2009, 08:42 AM
The radio in Minnie's House?:secret:

Zawadi
11-17-2009, 11:50 AM
The radio in Minnie's House?:secret:

SOOOOO CLOSE! :D
Radio YES, Minnie NO

Joannelet
11-17-2009, 12:29 PM
Radio in carousel of progress?
I'm trying to think of things with radios LOL :)

Zawadi
11-17-2009, 01:50 PM
Radio in carousel of progress?
I'm trying to think of things with radios LOL :)

Too far away. The radio is in Toontown but not in Minnie's house.

Who else has a residence in Toontown?

cEveArdenfan
11-17-2009, 02:11 PM
Mickey's House!:party:

Zawadi
11-17-2009, 03:10 PM
Mickey's House!:party:

:congrats:
The radio is in Mickey's living room. In his den there is a foam hand decorated with "#1" and the pennants for Duckfield University.

Time for somebody else to post up to 5 questions. (A chance to get your own back :D)

cEveArdenfan
11-17-2009, 09:23 PM
What was the opening date of the Boardwalk Bakery?
What was the former title of Living With The Land?
How many characters are on the 1st visit badge given out for What Will You Celebrate?
What year did the Seven Dwarfs' Mine open?
The Tower of Terror is at the end of which street?

Lakin
11-17-2009, 10:10 PM
5. Hollywood Blvd.

Genie1953
11-17-2009, 11:54 PM
What was the former title of Living With The Land?
How many characters are on the 1st visit badge given out for What Will You Celebrate?
What year did the Seven Dwarfs' Mine open?
The Tower of Terror is at the end of which street?

#2 - Listen to the Land

Joannelet
11-18-2009, 07:31 AM

6!
Its the fab five and Daisy! :)

Joannelet
11-18-2009, 07:33 AM

July 1, 1996

Zawadi
11-18-2009, 07:48 AM
#5 The Tower of Terror aka Hollywood Tower Hotel is located at the end of Sunset Boulevard

cEveArdenfan
11-18-2009, 09:45 AM
#2 - Listen to the Land
Correct!

6!
Its the fab five and Daisy! :)
Correct!

July 1, 1996
Correct!

#5 The Tower of Terror aka Hollywood Tower Hotel is located at the end of Sunset Boulevard
Correct!
One left!
#4 What year did the Seven Dwarfs' Mine open? (By this I mean the shop in WDW.)

Zawadi
11-18-2009, 02:43 PM
One left!
#4 What year did the Seven Dwarfs' Mine open? (By this I mean the shop in WDW.)

You've got me on this one - I have no idea :confused:

However, a logical guess - was it when the Snow White Attraction reopened after renovation on 16 Dec 1994????

cEveArdenfan
11-18-2009, 05:47 PM
1994 is correct! Time for the next set of questions!

Lakin
11-18-2009, 08:00 PM
1. Why did Walt Disney never ride Dumbo?

Joannelet
11-18-2009, 09:40 PM
1. Why did Walt Disney never ride Dumbo?
Was it because he was afraid of Timothy Mouse in the middle of the ride?

Lakin
11-18-2009, 10:04 PM
Was it because he was afraid of Timothy Mouse in the middle of the ride?

Hahaha, No. ;)

Joannelet
11-19-2009, 06:46 AM
LOL. it is rumoured that he was afraid of mice. I thought that was what you were going for :mickey:

cEveArdenfan
11-19-2009, 09:58 AM
I think there was a president who wouldn't ride Dumbo because of the elephant republican thing. I don't know about Walt Disney though.

Zawadi
11-19-2009, 01:09 PM
Not sure if this applied to Walt himself but the original Disneyland ride had 10 pink elephants and Walt didn't want to have guests ride an attraction based on an alcohol induced hallucination. (The elephants were later painted gray)

Joannelet
11-19-2009, 06:26 PM
I think there was a president who wouldn't ride Dumbo because of the elephant republican thing. I don't know about Walt Disney though.

That is true it was Pres. Harry Truman :)

Lakin
11-19-2009, 07:09 PM

That's actually correct. That's why you don't see pictures of him riding Dumbo.

Not sure if this applied to Walt himself but the original Disneyland ride had 10 pink elephants and Walt didn't want to have guests ride an attraction based on an alcohol induced hallucination. (The elephants were later painted gray)

That is true, but not the answer I was looking for.

Joannelet
11-20-2009, 08:31 AM
Wait was that the answer then? That Walt didn't ride it for the same reason that Harry Truman didn't?

I could have sworn I have seen a pic of Walt on Dumbo though.....I thought I saw it one of the pics that adorn Disneyland Hotel.

Joannelet
11-21-2009, 07:41 AM
K, Lakin I hope your question was answered. I'm not 100% sure....but I think it was.
Here is a next set of questions. If it wasn't though please let me know :)

1) Who was the first A-100 Audio animatronics figure to be created?

2) What 6 characters eyebrows are fashioned after Walt Disney's?

3) How many triangles on spaceship earth?

4)What are the names of Minnie Mouses' two nieces?

5) What was Mickey Mouses' 1st words?

Number 5 is asked in honor of my DS who is turning 1 tomorrow so I wanted to ask a '1st" type of question :)

Zawadi
11-21-2009, 09:07 AM
3) How many triangles on spaceship earth?

11324 aluminium alloy panels and each one was a custom fit (The construction crew earnt their money!)

Lakin
11-21-2009, 11:06 AM
Yes, my question was answered. Same reason Harry Truman didn't ride it is the correct answer. And, you could be right about a Dumbo picture - It's just what I read in a Disney fact book that there weren't any.

cEveArdenfan
11-21-2009, 04:39 PM
1) The Wicked Witch of the West

5) Hot Dog!

Zawadi
11-21-2009, 05:22 PM
4)What are the names of Minnie Mouses' two nieces?
Millie and Melody

Joannelet
11-22-2009, 01:51 PM
11324 aluminium alloy panels and each one was a custom fit (The construction crew earnt their money!)

Yes there are 11,324 aluminum panels but there isn't that many TRIANGLES on it :) So I'm looking for a different number. Only the number of triangles :) The panels are a different number......

Joannelet
11-22-2009, 01:53 PM
Yes, my question was answered. Same reason Harry Truman didn't ride it is the correct answer. And, you could be right about a Dumbo picture - It's just what I read in a Disney fact book that there weren't any.

Thats interesting....when you asked this question I do remember something in one of my Cast Member training classes but couldn't recall that it was the Democratic reason.. I knew Harry Truman did that....but didn't remember Walt Disney doing it. Now I'm 2nd guessing myself on the picture too...I'm not sure. You have stumbled me with this question LOL!! :) I am going to have to go back and look in my cast member training manuals and see if I took notes on this. :)

Joannelet
11-22-2009, 01:54 PM
1) The Wicked Witch of the West

5) Hot Dog!

These are correct!! Number 1 and 5 are answered!!! :)

Joannelet
11-22-2009, 01:56 PM
Millie and Melody

Yes this is correct too!! :) Millie and Melody are the names of Minnie's nieces!! Number 4 is answered also! :)

Zawadi
11-22-2009, 02:27 PM
Yes there are 11,324 aluminum panels but there isn't that many TRIANGLES on it :) So I'm looking for a different number. Only the number of triangles :) The panels are a different number......

Oooh you're a tough question setter :D

OK, the outer skin of Spaceship Earth is comprised of 11324 triangular facets made up of 954 interconnected irregular sized triangular panels.

Joannelet
11-23-2009, 07:44 AM
Oooh you're a tough question setter :D

OK, the outer skin of Spaceship Earth is comprised of 11324 triangular facets made up of 954 interconnected irregular sized triangular panels.

Yes! 954 is what I was looking for! :) You are correct!

Joannelet
11-23-2009, 07:45 AM
K, so number 2 is still open for answers!!!!

Zawadi
11-23-2009, 08:10 AM
2) What 6 characters eyebrows are fashioned after Walt Disney's?

It was tough to find the answer to this one...

6 of the 7 dwarfs in Snow White: Bashful, Doc, Dopey, Grumpy, Sleepy & Sneezy

Happy is the odd one out because his eyebrows are bushy and white.

Joannelet
11-23-2009, 11:41 AM
It was tough to find the answer to this one...

6 of the 7 dwarfs in Snow White: Bashful, Doc, Dopey, Grumpy, Sleepy & Sneezy

Happy is the odd one out because his eyebrows are bushy and white.

That is correct!!! Someone has to post the next set of questions! :) Good job everyone! :)

Zawadi
11-23-2009, 01:30 PM
Here's a set question based on the Animal Kingdom:

What is the name of the village at the foot of Expedition Everest?
"Tarzan Rocks" replaced which show in the Theatre in the Wild?
Which was the first attraction to open in Asia?
What type of structure was used as the basis for constructing the Tree of Life?
And finally to find the Disney Fanatics. Where was the rolling stock for the Wildlife Express railroad built?

cEveArdenfan
11-23-2009, 09:23 PM
An oil rig

Zawadi
11-24-2009, 04:29 AM
An oil rig

Correct :mickey:

Joannelet
11-24-2009, 12:18 PM

What is the name of the village at the foot of Expedition Everest?
"Tarzan Rocks" replaced which show in the Theatre in the Wild?
Which was the first attraction to open in Asia?
And finally to find the Disney Fanatics. Where was the rolling stock for the Wildlife Express railroad built?

yay for animal kingdom questions!! :) I was a cast member at Island Mercantile :)

1 is fictional Nepalese village of Serka Zong.

3 is Kali River Rapids (I hope by attraction you are talking about rides) although the Discovery River Boats had a landing there to board the boats called Upcountry Landing...so this was technically the first attraction in that area. :)
Disney considers all of these attractions that were there at opening....(I'm reading from my training manual)-it says under attractions in Asia Caravan Stage, Upcountry Landing (discovery River boats) Maharaja Jungle Trek (opens winter 1998)-I remember when the tigers came in!!! That was such an exciting day!!! They were soooo cute! and Tiger Rapids Run opening in Spring 1999) later renamed Kali River Rapids for opening.

For number 2 is Journey into the Jungle Book

Joannelet
11-24-2009, 12:23 PM

Severn-Lamb of Stratford-on-Avon, United Kingdom

Zawadi
11-24-2009, 12:52 PM
1 is fictional Nepalese village of Serka Zong.

3 is Kali River Rapids (I hope by attraction you are talking about rides) although the Discovery River Boats had a landing there to board the boats called Upcountry Landing...so this was technically the first attraction in that area. :)
Disney considers all of these attractions that were there at opening....(I'm reading from my training manual)-it says under attractions in Asia Caravan Stage, Upcountry Landing (discovery River boats) Maharaja Jungle Trek (opens winter 1998)-I remember when the tigers came in!!! That was such an exciting day!!! They were soooo cute! and Tiger Rapids Run opening in Spring 1999) later renamed Kali River Rapids for opening.

Not the rapids and not a ride. However, you have mentioned where but not what. I "hope" you realise what I mean. :D

For number 2 is Journey into the Jungle Book

Severn-Lamb of Stratford-on-Avon, United Kingdom

Correct - you qualify for the Title "Disney Fanatic" :mickey:

Joannelet
11-24-2009, 06:36 PM
Do you mean flights of wonder at the caravan stage?

Zawadi
11-25-2009, 04:08 AM
Do you mean flights of wonder at the caravan stage?

I certainly do :mickey: The reference to "hope" being the name given to the bald eagle who is presented at the end of the show.

"It is time" for the next set of brain teaser(s) from somebody.

Zawadi
12-02-2009, 04:50 PM
Would somebody like to post some questions whilst I'm off on a "research" trip to WDW?

See Ya Real Soon! :mickey:

Zawadi
12-12-2009, 07:40 AM
Just landed back in the UK 5 hours ago after the research trip so here are some more questions for you about my favourite attractions:

What is the first name of your Senior Flight Steward on Soarin'?
Where is the first hidden mickey within the Soarin' film?
How many items of luggage is the bellhop carrying when he enters the Twilight Zone?
How many hidden mickeys are there within the Tower of Terror? Bonus: Identify the location of each one.
Soarin' replaced which attraction?

Lakin
12-12-2009, 07:47 AM
5. Horizons

As for the first one, is that just another name for 'captain'?

Zawadi
12-12-2009, 08:07 AM
5. Horizons

As for the first one, is that just another name for 'captain'?

Not Horizons, that was replaced by Mission Space.

The Soarin' person is the guy that does the pre-flight safety video and he does say "Hello, I'm ???? your Senior Flight Steward..."

Lakin
12-12-2009, 10:22 PM
The Soarin' person is the guy that does the pre-flight safety video and he does say "Hello, I'm ???? your Senior Flight Steward..."

Oh!!! Yea, I think that's Patrick.

Joannelet
12-13-2009, 08:46 AM
Just landed back in the UK 5 hours ago after the research trip so here are some more questions for you about my favourite attractions:

What is the first name of your Senior Flight Steward on Soarin'?
How many items of luggage is the bellhop carrying when he enters the Twilight Zone?
How many hidden mickeys are there within the Tower of Terror? Bonus: Identify the location of each one.
Soarin' replaced which attraction?

I was thinking of questions too my entire trip to the world last week also Zawadi. I also think its funny you mentioned the captain on the Soarin film because my dad made a funny comment about him and couldn't stop laughing....
but I'm going to try to answer number 5) Was it Kitchen Cabaret which was Food Rocks before it was Soarin?

Also, can you say how many hidden mickeys you are looking for on Tower of Terror? Are you also looking for exterior mickeys as well?
I know of one in the boiler room on the wall and there is also the mickey doll that the little girl is holding in the film.....are you counting those? I am a hidden mickey fanatic :)

Zawadi
12-13-2009, 12:51 PM
Oh!!! Yea, I think that's Patrick.

That's him :mickey:

I was thinking of questions too my entire trip to the world last week also Zawadi. I also think its funny you mentioned the captain on the Soarin film because my dad made a funny comment about him and couldn't stop laughing....

Is the comment suitable to share? Have you noticed that the "smaller aviator", the boy who has to use the safety loop, had a Disneyland shirt on.

but I'm going to try to answer number 5) Was it Kitchen Cabaret which was Food Rocks before it was Soarin?

Also, can you say how many hidden mickeys you are looking for on Tower of Terror? Are you also looking for exterior mickeys as well?
I know of one in the boiler room on the wall and there is also the mickey doll that the little girl is holding in the film.....are you counting those? I am a hidden mickey fanatic :)

Oooh! Errrrm! My Hidden Mickey book doesn't mention the boiler room. You've got me there! Where is it? I've only been through there 170 times, I should have a loyalty card :). Let's say that the 3 Hidden Mickeys that I'm after are between the front doors and the boiler room.

BTW: The girl's mickey doll is classed as one of them :mickey:

Joannelet
12-13-2009, 10:29 PM
Is the comment suitable to share? Have you noticed that the "smaller aviator", the boy who has to use the safety loop, had a Disneyland shirt on.

Oooh! Errrrm! My Hidden Mickey book doesn't mention the boiler room. You've got me there! Where is it? I've only been through there 170 times, I should have a loyalty card :). Let's say that the 3 Hidden Mickeys that I'm after are between the front doors and the boiler room.

BTW: The girl's mickey doll is classed as one of them :mickey:

With my dad commenting about Patrick in the Soarin video:
My dad who is 68 yrs old was standing there watching it and he goes you know everytime I see this guy I always think he's a jerk. (I have no idea where he got this conclusion from...but basically he wouldn't want to meet him outside of the video/in person. My dad came to the conclusion that he wouldn't like him.....LOL

K, I have a friend that was a cast member at TOT....I think there are 2 in the boiler room....Ask a cast member the next time you go.....
There is a Hidden Mickey in the form of a watermark in the TOT. It is in the boiler room just as you past the place where the line splits left or right. Choose the left line and look at the brick wall on the left. There is a clear "tri-circle" Mickey watermark on the wall athough it may be hard to see at first. (this is a definite one)

2nd one:When you enter the basement, the first boiler you run into (right in front of you) has a hidden Mickey on the opposite side. Right before the line splits, lean and look at the door. You can see the Mickey right under the glowing door. The other boilers don't have it.
or this is another explanation of it (I think its the same one)....A Hidden Mickey can be found as you enter the basment. The first boiler's grating consists of three circles forming a Mickey. (i've never seen this one..only heard about it)....

Joannelet
12-13-2009, 10:37 PM

On the golf ball?

Zawadi
12-14-2009, 07:33 AM
On the golf ball?

So far:

What is the first name of your Senior Flight Steward on Soarin'? Patrick
Where is the first hidden mickey within the Soarin' film? Golf ball
How many items of luggage is the bellhop carrying when he enters the Twilight Zone? Not answered
Where are the 3 Hidden Mickeys located between ToT's front doors and entrance to the boiler room? Girl's Mickey doll in the film. 2 more to go
Soarin' replaced which attraction? Food Rocks

Joannelet
12-14-2009, 08:16 AM
Where are the 3 Hidden Mickeys located between ToT's front doors and entrance to the boiler room? Girl's Mickey doll in the film. 2 more to go

Before you go into the library, a Cast Member is stationed at a podium with a lamp on it. In the center of the lamp, on the stem, you will see definite mouse ears.

The swirl of stars just before the main elevator doors open do form a hidden Mickey, but only on the rightmost elevators (I doubt this one is in the book-but people have claimed they've seen it...)

On the bookshelf under the trumpet on the music sheets the musical score is Mickeys and the notes have ears on them

Joannelet
12-14-2009, 08:22 AM

I think 4 (possibly 5 but I can't really see the other side of him too well).

Zawadi
12-14-2009, 12:41 PM
I think 4 (possibly 5 but I can't really see the other side of him too well).

4 is the answer :mickey:

Zawadi
12-14-2009, 12:43 PM
Before you go into the library, a Cast Member is stationed at a podium with a lamp on it. In the center of the lamp, on the stem, you will see definite mouse ears.

The swirl of stars just before the main elevator doors open do form a hidden Mickey, but only on the rightmost elevators (I doubt this one is in the book-but people have claimed they've seen it...)

On the bookshelf under the trumpet on the music sheets the musical score is Mickeys and the notes have ears on them

The music score is correct :mickey:

The final one (or first one as you enter the Hotel) that I was thinking of is on the right as you enter the lobby. Any ideas?

Joannelet
12-14-2009, 08:39 PM
K thanks for the hint!! there are a pair of wire frame glasses that make a hidden mickey

Lakin
12-14-2009, 10:23 PM
Have you noticed that the "smaller aviator", the boy who has to use the safety loop, had a Disneyland shirt on.

I noticed that! :mickey:

Zawadi
12-15-2009, 11:37 AM
K thanks for the hint!! there are a pair of wire frame glasses that make a hidden mickey

All answered - time for some more question(s) :D

Joannelet
12-21-2009, 12:14 PM
K, here are some more questions :)

1) in the last two scenes in the carousel of progress the clocks are set to the same time...what time are the clocks set to?

2) Which park at opening had cast members develop (niches) or stories that they actually worked and lived at that theme park?

3) Who initially sponsored Illuminations?

4)What are the vehicles called that you ride in on primeval whirl?

5)What is the courtyard in front of Mission: Space called?

Zawadi
12-21-2009, 12:55 PM
Thanks for the questions :mickey:

#4 What are the vehicles called that you ride in on primeval whirl?

Time Rovers

Joannelet
12-21-2009, 04:52 PM
Time Rovers

I think it actually says Time Machine on the vehicle but I'm going to give you Time Rover :)
So yes that is correct! :)

Zawadi
12-22-2009, 03:23 PM
3) Who initially sponsored Illuminations?
General Electric

Zawadi
12-25-2009, 05:49 PM
5)What is the courtyard in front of Mission: Space called?
Planetary Plaza

Joannelet
12-25-2009, 08:38 PM
General Electric

Correct!! Number 3 is answered!

Joannelet
12-25-2009, 08:39 PM
Planetary Plaza

Correct again!

Numbers 3,4,5 are answered
1,2 are still open! ;)

Zawadi
12-26-2009, 05:35 AM
1) in the last two scenes in the carousel of progress the clocks are set to the same time...what time are the clocks set to?
The only place that I found an answer to this was on flickr. A picture of scene 3 showed the cuckoo clock at 5:50

Joannelet
12-26-2009, 10:34 AM
LOL correct they are actually set to 5:45pm :)
Very good!! :) I just took notice of this the last two times I was there so i'd figure I'd ask :)
So nope its not in any book! LOL
Good job Zawadi!! :)
I think we are the only ones playing!! But I love it! :)

Zawadi
12-27-2009, 12:17 PM
2) Which park at opening had cast members develop (niches) or stories that they actually worked and lived at that theme park?

I don't know this one so I've got a 75% chance of getting it wrong ;)

Based on several interactions with the CMs on Tower of Terror, I'm going guess at Disney Studios.

I think we are the only ones playing!! But I love it! :)

I'd expect it to be quiet at this time of year. Only us Disney "nuts" will be playing :D

Joannelet
01-03-2010, 07:57 PM
I don't know this one so I've got a 75% chance of getting it wrong ;)

Based on several interactions with the CMs on Tower of Terror, I'm going guess at Disney Studios.

I'd expect it to be quiet at this time of year. Only us Disney "nuts" will be playing :D

No, I had a feeling though that you were going to say it based on that :) But no Hollywood Studios is incorrect :)

and
true true to your comment about only us Disney nuts would still be playing this time of year LOL :)

Giggy
01-03-2010, 09:51 PM
1 in 3 chance of getting this right so may as well give it a go... ;)

Magic Kingdom with 6 (now 7) lands that are all completely different in terms of style and atmosphere there is a lot of scope to develop individual stories.

[Then again I guess the same could be said about the others 2...]

Joannelet
01-04-2010, 04:35 PM
1 in 3 chance of getting this right so may as well give it a go... ;)

Magic Kingdom with 6 (now 7) lands that are all completely different in terms of style and atmosphere there is a lot of scope to develop individual stories.

[Then again I guess the same could be said about the others 2...]

:) Good guess no but not MK!! :)
Glad to see someone else is playing!! YAY!

Zawadi
01-04-2010, 06:14 PM
50/50 shot.

Based on the word "living" in the question. I'm going for the countries in World Showcase - therefore EPCOT :confused:

Joannelet
01-05-2010, 12:45 PM
No, the answer is ANIMAL KINGDOM! :)
When DAK first opened the cast members were to act as if they lived and worked there.
Each area's cast members had developed niches or stories to go along with the area they were in.
I started employement there in August of 1998 and they had already stopped these storylines.

Zawadi
01-05-2010, 05:03 PM
Drat! I got that last question well and truly wrong. Now I know why I don't do the lottery!

How many different scents can you smell on Soarin'?
Which Country Bear plays the mouth harp?
In which year did Mugsi Tocatta make her first appearance?
Where can your hear "Ready when you are C.B."?
How many people can each train on Big Thunder Mountain hold?

Next set of questions ...

Joannelet
01-06-2010, 08:28 PM
How many different scents can you smell on Soarin?

I'm going to say 3.
The scent of oranges, scent of evergreens, and the scent of sea breeze

Joannelet
01-06-2010, 08:33 PM
How many people can each train on Big Thunder Mountain hold?

45 people per train.
There are 5 cars that make up a train and each car can hold 9 people :)

Joannelet
01-06-2010, 08:37 PM
Which Country Bear plays the mouth harp?

Fred, he is the one wearing blue jeans held up by suspenders and wearing a tie

Zawadi
01-07-2010, 01:36 PM
I'm going to say 3.
The scent of oranges, scent of evergreens, and the scent of sea breeze

Correct!

45 people per train.
There are 5 cars that make up a train and each car can hold 9 people :)

Sort of right. Right no. of cars, but three per row would be a bit of a squeeze. My source says 2 adults per row.

Fred, he is the one wearing blue jeans held up by suspenders and wearing a tie

Correct! The difference between American English & UK English is great though. Your usage of suspenders, we call braces. Suspenders are certainly something a lady would wear :D

Still looking for an answer for questions 3 & 4

Joannelet
01-11-2010, 12:20 PM
Sort of right. Right no. of cars, but three per row would be a bit of a squeeze. My source says 2 adults per row.

Correct! The difference between American English & UK English is great though. Your usage of suspenders, we call braces. Suspenders are certainly something a lady would wear :D

OMG that whole suspenders/braces thing is hysterical! I love how the english language is so different!! LOL LOVE IT!!! But what do suspenders for ladies look like? Is that like a bra? I honeslty don't know.....YOu can send me this on private messaging if you want to. But I honestly want to know. I love the different words that are used. :)

About the thunder mountain answer I got it from Wikipedia but there is a possibility that I got the info on one of the other park rides and not the ride in WDW.

Zawadi
01-11-2010, 03:10 PM
After the fun and frollics with American/British homonyms (words spelled and pronounced the same but with different meanings) :D a reminder that there are still two questions to be answered...

3. In which year did Mugsi Tocatta make her first appearance?
4. Where can your hear "Ready when you are C.B."?

Joannelet
01-12-2010, 12:16 PM
3. In which year did Mugsi Tocatta make her first appearance?

Mugsi Tocatta made her first appearance in 2000- 11 years after the ride only had men as gangsters :)

Joannelet
01-12-2010, 12:21 PM

and this one since no one else is even trying I'm going to start guessing...is it Mickey's philharmagic?

Zawadi
01-13-2010, 12:39 PM
Mugsi Tocatta made her first appearance in 2000- 11 years after the ride only had men as gangsters :)

Zawadi
01-13-2010, 12:40 PM

and this one since no one else is even trying I'm going to start guessing...is it Mickey's philharmagic?

Sorry - wrong :(

Mad About Mickey
01-17-2010, 01:41 PM
Where can your hear "Ready when you are C.B."?

From the tour guide on the Great Movie Ride

Zawadi
01-17-2010, 02:59 PM
From the tour guide on the Great Movie Ride

Yes that's right :thumbsup:

They've all been answered now.

Who wants to post the next questions?

Zawadi
01-24-2010, 05:37 AM
Who's up for settting the next question(s)?

Zawadi
01-28-2010, 04:33 PM
Okay, I'll start the ball rolling again :)

Between which years did the Fort Wilderness Railroad operate?
What can you see in the Harvest Theatre?
Approximately how many miles of fibre-optic cable are used on the SpectroMagic parade?
What type of rocket is used on your Mission To Mars?
What was the construction cost of Test Track?

Zawadi
02-10-2010, 03:48 PM
Any takers before I forget the answers :)

DZNYGUY
02-10-2010, 04:45 PM
Okay, I'll start the ball rolling again :)

Between which years did the Fort Wilderness Railroad operate?
What can you see in the Harvest Theatre?
Approximately how many miles of fibre-optic cable are used on the SpectroMagic parade?
What type of rocket is used on your Mission To Mars?

Great Questions!!!

1. Opened in 1973, operated occasionally after 1977 and closed permanently in 1980.

2. Circle of Life with Timon, Pumbaa, and Simba!

3. X-2 Rocket

Zawadi
02-11-2010, 02:16 PM
Great Questions!!!

1. Opened in 1973, operated occasionally after 1977 and closed permanently in 1980.

2. Circle of Life with Timon, Pumbaa, and Simba!

4. X-2 Rocket

All correct.
3 & 5 still to answer.

Joannelet
02-11-2010, 08:06 PM

over 100 miles

Joannelet
02-11-2010, 08:08 PM

$1.4 billion

Zawadi
02-12-2010, 11:07 AM
over 100 miles

(and welcome back to the game :))

Zawadi
02-12-2010, 11:11 AM
$1.4 billion

Test Track was expensive and late. However not quite that expensive. The figure that I've got is less than USD 1 billion.

Joannelet
02-13-2010, 10:11 PM
LOL im an idiot...that is the cost to build epcot LOL
Omg okay I'm back in the game but now i have to get my head back in the game....

It cost 300 million in USD?

Zawadi
02-14-2010, 08:26 AM
It cost 300 million in USD?

According to my source of information you could get 3 TT's for that amount.
My source says over $100 million, but I have just seen $300m on another webpage :confused:
Once it was opened GM were getting around 25,000 guests per day through their showroom.

More questions required please :D

Joannelet
02-14-2010, 02:59 PM
yeah I saw 2 webpages with $300 million.....

Zawadi
03-02-2010, 02:54 PM
:bump:
Is anybody up for posting some questions?

Joannelet
03-02-2010, 11:29 PM
K, here are some....

1) What is MK's (Florida) official nickname?

2) What ride went to 'nowhere in particular' and there are 2 places in the park where this character can be found....name those 2 places(this is a 2 part question)

3) Who engineered the color of the pavement at Epcot and why did they choose pink? (another 2 part question)

Zawadi
03-05-2010, 04:17 PM
3) Who engineered the color of the pavement at Epcot and why did they choose pink? (another 2 part question)
Engineered by Disney & Kodak photography. The pavement is a certain hue of pink that was designed to fatigue the red-sensitive cones in your eyes, making the grass look greener.

Joannelet
03-05-2010, 09:56 PM
Correct Zawadi!! :) #3 is answered! :)

Giggy
03-06-2010, 08:19 PM
1) What is MK's (Florida) official nickname?

I think I know this one.

A common misconception is that it is nicknamed "The happiest place on Earth" but that is actually the nickname given to Disneyland. Magic Kingdom is instead nicknamed "The most magical place on Earth".

Joannelet
03-06-2010, 11:09 PM
I think I know this one.

A common misconception is that it is nicknamed "The happiest place on Earth" but that is actually the nickname given to Disneyland. Magic Kingdom is instead nicknamed "The most magical place on Earth".

You are CORRECT!!! :)
Number 1 and 3 are answered!!! :) We are waiting on number 2 :)

Zawadi
03-08-2010, 02:42 PM
2) What ride went to 'nowhere in particular' and there are 2 places in the park where this character can be found....name those 2 places(this is a 2 part question)
It took me a while to understand the question :D

The answer is "Mr Toad's Wild Ride", which closed the day before we arrived on our first trip to WDW :(.

Mr Toad can still be seen:

On a plaque of the start of Winnie the Pooh's ride where he's handing the deeds to Owl.
In the Haunted Mansion's pet cemetary.

Joannelet
03-09-2010, 11:23 PM
It took me a while to understand the question :D

The answer is "Mr Toad's Wild Ride", which closed the day before we arrived on our first trip to WDW :(.

Mr Toad can still be seen:

On a plaque of the start of Winnie the Pooh's ride where he's handing the deeds to Owl.
In the Haunted Mansion's pet cemetary.

Oops!! Sorry if it was confusing!!! :) But hey you GOT IT RIGHT! :) yay!!! Does this mean that you never rode it?!!! or did you get to go on it in Cali?
Its my favorite ride and I miss it at WDW dearly!!!
Next set of questions! :)

Zawadi
03-12-2010, 02:59 PM
Here are some spooky teasers, based on the Haunted Mansion, for you :hmghost:

How did Fred die?
What are the names of the hitch-hiking ghosts?
Which of Bluebeard's wives killed him?
Who sings "Grim Grinning Ghosts"?
Who narrates the Hallowishes Spooktacular?

Zawadi
03-21-2010, 06:00 PM
:bump:
Any takers?

Lakin
03-21-2010, 07:58 PM
2. Ezra, Gus, and Phineas (after collecting coins from them every day in VMK, you just have to know this by heart)

4. The statue head things.

5. Haven't seen it. Uh, Jiminy Cricket?

Zawadi
03-22-2010, 11:02 AM
2. Ezra, Gus, and Phineas (after collecting coins from them every day in VMK, you just have to know this by heart)
Correct

4. The statue head things.
Not quite. I'm looking for the actual group that recorded the song (as well as the song "Yo, Ho")

5. Haven't seen it. Uh, Jiminy Cricket?Jiminy narrates Wishes.

Lakin
03-23-2010, 09:04 PM
I know Jiminy narrates Wishes, but I was kind of hoping he would narrate that too, lol.

Joannelet
03-23-2010, 09:23 PM
4. Who sings "Grim Grinning Ghosts"?

Thurl Ravenscroft

(same guy that sings He's a Mean One Mr. Grinch :)

Joannelet
03-23-2010, 09:26 PM
Here are some spooky teasers, based on the Haunted Mansion, for you :hmghost:

How did Fred die?

Here lies good old Fred, a great big rock fell on his head

Joannelet
03-23-2010, 09:29 PM

Master Gracey?

Joannelet
03-23-2010, 09:32 PM
Which of Bluebeard's wives killed him?
[/LIST]

His 7th wife. Her name was Lucretia :)

Zawadi
03-24-2010, 09:15 AM
Here lies good old Fred, a great big rock fell on his head

Correct! :) That's now RIP to that question

Zawadi
03-24-2010, 09:15 AM
His 7th wife. Her name was Lucretia :)

Also correct :)

Zawadi
03-24-2010, 09:23 AM
Master Gracey?

Sorry :(

I'm after the name of either person who is credited with recording the narration.

Joeybun
03-24-2010, 01:22 PM

Corey Burton?

Zawadi
03-24-2010, 03:32 PM
4. Who sings "Grim Grinning Ghosts"?

Thurl Ravenscroft

(same guy that sings He's a Mean One Mr. Grinch :)

Correct :)

Thurl Ravenscroft was one of the founders of the group The Mello Men. The other members were Bill Lee, Max Smith and Bob Stevens.

Zawadi
03-24-2010, 03:39 PM
Corey Burton?

Well done! :)

I would have accepted the late Vincent Price who provided the original voice for "Your Ghost Host". Corey Burton's voice is very similar to that of Vincent Price.

That's all the spooky teasers answered.

Time for another set of teaser from somebody :D

Lakin
03-24-2010, 10:53 PM
Let me see what I can whip up here! (I will try to keep the responsibility to this, and if I don't, could someone send me a PM? So sorry if I don't....)

1. Who is the voice actor for both Maleficent and Lady Tremaine?

2. Who can you find the artwork style of in the movies Peter Pan and Alice in Wonderland? You can also find it on It's a Small World.

3. On Cinderella's Golden Carousel, how can you figure out which horse is Cinderella's?

4. Back to a little bit of HM: Whose face was used for both Madame Leota and Little Leota for the attractions?

5. What is the long titled-song from Mary Poppins? (Try spelling it without using Google ;))

Joeybun
03-25-2010, 02:40 PM
1. Who is the voice actor for both Maleficent and Lady Tremaine?

Eleanor Audley?

2. Who can you find the artwork style of in the movies Peter Pan and Alice in Wonderland? You can also find it on It's a Small World.

Mary Blair?

3. On Cinderella's Golden Carousel, how can you figure out which horse is Cinderella's?

Cinderella’s horse is in the 2nd row from the outside and has a gold bow on its tail?

4. Back to a little bit of HM: Whose face was used for both Madame Leota and Little Leota for the attractions?

Leota Ann Thomas?

5. What is the long titled-song from Mary Poppins? (Try spelling it without using Google ;))

Supercalifragilisticxpalidocious?

Lakin
03-25-2010, 05:44 PM
All are correct except for the last one. Try again - you were doing good until the end of the word.

Joeybun
03-25-2010, 08:19 PM
All are correct except for the last one. Try again - you were doing good until the end of the word.

(That's because I didn't google it, LOL)

supercalifragilisticexpealidocious?

Lakin
03-26-2010, 07:52 PM
LOL, I guess this time it's close enough.

The exact answer: Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

I memorized it from this one jingle on Disney Channel for it. LOL.

Who would like to post the next set?

Joannelet
03-27-2010, 09:09 PM
Here are some more :

1. Who does Minnie Mouse thank next to her hand and footprints outside The Great Movie Ride?

2. Who is the manufacturer of the TV sets in 50's Prime Time Cafe?

3. Who hosted the opening of the Studios in 1989?

4. Who dedicated Epcot in 1982?

5. What is the "environmental test #7" in Test Track?

DizneyFreak2002
03-28-2010, 11:47 AM
Here are some more :

1. Who does Minnie Mouse thank next to her hand and footprints outside The Great Movie Ride?

2. Who is the manufacturer of the TV sets in 50's Prime Time Cafe?

3. Who hosted the opening of the Studios in 1989?

4. Who dedicated Epcot in 1982?

1. Mickey Mouse?

2. Disney

3. Bob Hope

4. E. Carden Walker

5. Not sure about this one... Is it the rough road test??

Joannelet
03-28-2010, 08:26 PM
1. Mickey Mouse?

2. Disney

3. Bob Hope

4. E. Carden Walker

5. Not sure about this one... Is it the rough road test??

You got number 2 and 4 correct!
Disney is the manufacturer of the tv's at 50's prime time and E. Cardon Walker dedicated Epcot in 1982. Epcot was officially dedicated 23 days after its official opening day on Oct. 24th, 1982. E. Cardon Walker was a former mailroom worker who became Chairman and CEO of the Disney Corp.

Questions 1,3, and 5 are still open :)

Zawadi
03-29-2010, 11:58 AM

The acid corrosion test?

Joannelet
03-29-2010, 12:56 PM
The acid corrosion test?
Correct!!! Number 5 is answered!!!
This is the one in the preshow when he orders tests 2, 5, and 7 to be done and the girl Sherry questions whether its a good idea to subject Guests to test number 7. :)

K, questions 2, 4, and 5 are answered

1 and 3 are still open for answers!

VWL Mom
03-29-2010, 01:10 PM
Here are some more :

everyone

Joannelet
03-29-2010, 07:54 PM
everyone

Correct! Minnie thanks Everyone!! :)

Number 3 still open! :)

DizneyFreak2002
03-29-2010, 11:36 PM
If it isn't Bob Hope, then it is Michael Eisner...

Joannelet
03-30-2010, 10:34 AM
If it isn't Bob Hope, then it is Michael Eisner...

No sorry :( Keep trying!!! It was a celebrity packed opening that aired on NBC.

Zawadi
03-30-2010, 02:42 PM
Think I've got the answer to no. 3.

Was it Blake Carrington aka actor John Forsythe?

Joannelet
03-30-2010, 04:15 PM
Think I've got the answer to no. 3.

Was it Blake Carrington aka actor John Forsythe?

No sorry!!! :(

Zawadi
03-30-2010, 05:02 PM
Ok, I'll try John Ritter.
I believe President Ronald Reagan and British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher were also present.

Joannelet
03-31-2010, 08:00 PM
Ok, I'll try John Ritter.
I believe President Ronald Reagan and British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher were also present.

Thats right!!! It was the late John Ritter!!! :)
K, new set of questions!! :)

Joeybun
04-04-2010, 10:36 PM
1. True or false...Space Mountain is the tallest structure in the Magic Kingdom?

2. There are two sides to Space Mountain which are identical to each other, mirror images really, except for what?

3. Who was the first official rider of Space Mountain?

4. What sweet treat was is said to have doubled as the asteroid projections on the roof of Space Mountain?

5. Six of the seven original Mercury Astronauts attended the grand opening of Space Mountain. Which Mercury Astronaut did not attend?

Zawadi
04-05-2010, 02:25 PM
Good questions :)

1. True or false...Space Mountain is the tallest structure in the Magic Kingdom?

FALSE - Space Mountain at 183ft is comes second to Cinderella's Castle at 189ft

Joeybun
04-05-2010, 03:05 PM
Good questions :)

FALSE - Space Mountain at 183ft is comes second to Cinderella's Castle at 189ft

Space Mountain is in fact the tallest structure in the Magic Kingdom, taller than Cinderella Castle, but it was "sunk" about 15 feet into the ground as to not take focus away from the landmark of the park: Cinderellas Castle...SO, it is techically NOT the tallest structure. Got that?

You are correct.

Joannelet
04-05-2010, 10:16 PM
Space Mountain is in fact the tallest structure in the Magic Kingdom, taller than Cinderella Castle, but it was "sunk" about 15 feet into the ground as to not take focus away from the landmark of the park: Cinderellas Castle...SO, it is techically NOT the tallest structure. Got that?

You are correct.

K, I have an issue with this question :) LOL leave it to me!!!
But the Magic Kingdom Space Mountain in Florida is not 15 ft into the ground. The one in Disneyland California is :)
Space Mountain in Florida is 183 feet above the ground and 300 feet in diameter with a floor of 72,500 square feet, over 4.5 million cubic feet.
Space Mountain in California-the imagineers couldn't build a space mountain that can be viewed from every angle like the one in florida since the tighter space in Cali. So it had the same design only 200 feet diameter as opposed to 300 feet. and in order to prevent the attraction from dwarfing the castle (Sleeping Beauty's) the base of the structure was placed 17 feet underground giving the mountain a height of 117 feet from ground level to the top spire.
So the Space Mountain in Florida is much taller than the Space Mountain in Cali regardless of the amt of feet underground it is.
But yet the answer is still the same because the castle is still the highest in Magic Kingdom Florida.....

Joannelet
04-05-2010, 10:23 PM
3. Who was the first official rider of Space Mountain?

5. Six of the seven original Mercury Astronauts attended the grand opening of Space Mountain. Which Mercury Astronaut did not attend?

3. I am assuming you are talking about Space Mountain in Florida and the first person to ride at opening was Colonel James Irwin, pilot of the lunar module on the Apollo XV mission to the moon. Another VIP rider of the early days before opening to public was Edna Disney-she was 84 years old :)

5. This is in Disneyland that six of the seven were at the opening and the one missing was Gus Grissom as he had passed. His wife was there in his place.

Joeybun
04-05-2010, 11:21 PM
3. I am assuming you are talking about Space Mountain in Florida and the first person to ride at opening was Colonel James Irwin, pilot of the lunar module on the Apollo XV mission to the moon. Another VIP rider of the early days before opening to public was Edna Disney-she was 84 years old :)

5. This is in Disneyland that six of the seven were at the opening and the one missing was Gus Grissom as he had passed. His wife was there in his place.

Yes to both.

It is a mix of Space Mountain trivia from any park. Sorry, should have specified.

Zawadi
04-07-2010, 05:35 PM
2. There are two sides to Space Mountain which are identical to each other, mirror images really, except for what?

One side is 10ft longer than the other due to it having to bridge over the other track. A rollercoaster X-ing could have been interesting :)

Joeybun
04-08-2010, 10:55 AM
One side is 10ft longer than the other due to it having to bridge over the other track. A rollercoaster X-ing could have been interesting :)

Yes! and yes!

Now only question 4 is left...

4. What sweet treat was is said to have doubled as the asteroid projections on the roof of Space Mountain?

Lakin
04-08-2010, 03:52 PM
Yes! and yes!

Now only question 4 is left...

A chocolate chip cookie. :) I always thought it was one.

Joeybun
04-08-2010, 07:08 PM
A chocolate chip cookie. :) I always thought it was one.

Yes you are correct!

It definitely looks like one and my DH says it's not just a rumor. (He worked at WDI for 25 years.)

Who's next...

Zawadi
04-11-2010, 06:25 AM
Next set of questions relating to the Walt Disney World Rail Road :train:

The WDWRR surrounds all but which attraction?
What is the guest capacity of each WDWRR train?
True or False - WDWRR was the first attraction to be completed at MK?
On Disney's Magic Behind Our Steam Trains Tour, guests are given a souvenir. What was it originally? What was it changed to? and why?
Which two Disney scheduled events suspend the WDWRR service?