PDA

View Full Version : Disney Trivia (Expert Edition)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Zawadi
02-16-2012, 03:44 AM
Oddly, the zipcode for George, Iowa. :mickey:

Correct.

George is only a 6hr drive from Riverside, Iowa which will be the home town of James T Kirk (Star Trek)

PS: badkitty, you have just taken this thread to 1000 posts :mickey:

Joannelet
02-16-2012, 07:37 AM
Here goes ...

2) During his last season of racing in the Piston Cup, "The King" was looking for his ##th championship victory?

3) What is the license plate of "Fillmore" and what two things does it signify?

Thanks for the Cars questions. We watch it everyday!
2) he has won 7 piston Cups. The exact amount the voice of The King has won!

3) fillmores license plate is 51237 which is George Carlins birthday May 12, 1937 who was the voice of Fillmore in the first Cars film. I do not know another significance of the plate though.

Joannelet
02-16-2012, 07:39 AM
Oops sorry! I just noticed number 2 was answered already!

Zawadi
02-16-2012, 08:57 AM
2) During his last season of racing in the Piston Cup, "The King" was looking for his ##th championship victory?

3) What is the license plate of "Fillmore" and what two things does it signify?

Thanks for the Cars questions. We watch it everyday!
2) he has won 7 piston Cups. The exact amount the voice of The King has won!

3) fillmores license plate is 51237 which is George Carlins birthday May 12, 1937 who was the voice of Fillmore in the first Cars film. I do not know another significance of the plate though.

Correct :mickey:

Oops sorry! I just noticed number 3 was answered already!

Not a problem :)

Back to WDW now to answer the remaining questions...

4) In Fantasyland what is "Rags to Riches"?

5) How many tunes are played on Cinderella's Golden Carousel?

6) Where does Ruthless Billy Jack reside?

Joannelet
02-16-2012, 09:15 PM

26 tunes

Joannelet
02-16-2012, 09:19 PM
[I][COLOR="Blue"]4) In Fantasyland what is "Rags to Riches"?

I]

Are you talking about the new fantasyland? cinderellas chateau? Where you will see where she grew up?

Joannelet
02-16-2012, 09:24 PM
6) Where does ruthless billy jack reside?
Frontierland at the shooting arcade

Zawadi
02-17-2012, 05:43 PM
6) Where does ruthless billy jack reside?

Frontierland at the shooting arcade

Correct

Zawadi
02-17-2012, 05:49 PM

26 tunes

Yes, there are indeed 26.

Zawadi
02-17-2012, 06:01 PM

Are you talking about the new fantasyland? cinderellas chateau? Where you will see where she grew up?

Nope. It is a "structure" in the old Fantasyland.

Want to have another guess?

dlpmikki
02-18-2012, 05:09 AM
The fountain with cinderella and the crown behind the castle.

Zawadi
02-18-2012, 05:25 AM

The fountain with cinderella and the crown behind the castle.

Correct

Zawadi
02-18-2012, 05:34 AM
Before closing this round off a little bit of extra information on Cinderella's Golden Carousel...

Renamed to Prince Charming's Regal Carousel in June 2010.

The 26 songs are:

When You Wish Upon A Star
Hi Diddle Dee Dee (An Actor's Life For Me)
Give A Little Whistle
So This Is Love
The Work Song
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes
Alice In Wonderland
Heigh Ho
I'm Wishing
Whistle While You Work
Someday My Prince Will Come
Chim Chim Cheree
Feed The Birds (Tuppence A Bag)
Be Our Guest
Gaston
Colors Of The Wind
Bella Notte
A Whole New World
Prince Ali
Once Upon A Dream
I Wonder
Part Of You World
Second Star To The Right
You Can Fly!
Baby Mine
Hakuna Matata

That's it for this round. Well done everybody!

Next set of questions please :mickey:

badkitty
02-19-2012, 01:40 PM
Before closing this round off a little bit of extra information on Cinderella's Golden Carousel...

Renamed to Prince Charming's Regal Carousel in June 2010.

The 26 songs are:

When You Wish Upon A Star
Hi Diddle Dee Dee (An Actor's Life For Me)
Give A Little Whistle
So This Is Love
The Work Song
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes
Alice In Wonderland
Heigh Ho
I'm Wishing
Whistle While You Work
Someday My Prince Will Come
Chim Chim Cheree
Feed The Birds (Tuppence A Bag)
Be Our Guest
Gaston
Colors Of The Wind
Bella Notte
A Whole New World
Prince Ali
Once Upon A Dream
I Wonder
Part Of You World
Second Star To The Right
You Can Fly!
Baby Mine
Hakuna Matata

Okay, just curious, how do you and Joannelet know this?? :mickey: Please tell me you didn't sit by the Carrousel for the whole song rotation! :D

Joannelet
02-19-2012, 02:04 PM
Okay, just curious, how do you and Joannelet know this?? :mickey: Please tell me you didn't sit by the Carrousel for the whole song rotation! :D
Lol I just rode it 26 times. I was very dizzy. Lol

Main Street Jim
02-19-2012, 04:43 PM
1) What is the oldest theme-park attraction ride vehicle/"conveyance" at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom?

2) What is unique about the steam locomotives Walter E. Disney and Roger E. Broggie at Walt Disney World?

3) How many locomotives were purchased for Florida's Magic Kingdom?

4) How many locomotives were bought for Anaheim's?

5) What was unique about the Disneyland Railroad's first two trains?

6) What was the name of the 1/8th scale railroad that Walt had built in his backyard?

7) What name did Walt give to his locomotive on that railroad?

8) Where else can you find a locomotive of the same name as #7 above?

9) How many station stops are there at a) Disneyland's railroad, and b) at Florida's WDWRR?

10) Why was Florida's Frontierland train station moved to its current location?

Joannelet
02-19-2012, 08:20 PM
3) How many locomotives were purchased for Florida's Magic Kingdom

6) What was the name of the 1/8th scale railroad that Walt had built in his backyard?

9) How many station stops are there at a) Disneyland's railroad, and b) at Florida's WDWRR?

?

3) 5 locomotives. One was in poor condition though and couldn't be restored?

6) carol wood Pacific Railroad

9)b) Main Street, USA and Frontierland for right now

squad51
02-19-2012, 11:24 PM
1. The oldest is the locomotives that pull the trains as they were built in 1928.
10. The Frontierland station moved due to the construction of splash mountain.
2. Did I answer this already? They were build by Lima Locomotive Works in 1928. That also happens to be the same year Walt created Mickey.

badkitty
02-20-2012, 04:45 PM
Lol I just rode it 26 times. I was very dizzy. Lol

Too funny! :D

badkitty
02-20-2012, 04:48 PM
9a. Trains stations at Disneyland:
Main Street USA, New Orleans Square (originally Frontierland), Mickey's ToonTown and Tomorrowland.

badkitty
02-20-2012, 05:08 PM
2. Did I answer this already? They were build by Lima Locomotive Works in 1928. That also happens to be the same year Walt created Mickey.

I thought it was the Baldwin Locomotive Works in 1925? That is what the brass plate says on Walter E. Disney.

The two locomotives are considered twins and were built for the Yucatan Railways. Mr. Broggie found them in a boneyard in Mexico. Walter E. Disney was originally engine number 274 and Roger E. Broggie was number 275.

badkitty
02-20-2012, 05:17 PM
1) What is the oldest theme-park attraction ride vehicle/"conveyance" at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom?

The steam train Roy O. Disney was built in 1916 although it did not debut until two months after the opening of the Magic Kingdom.

The train is only one year older than Prince Charming Regal Carrousel.

badkitty
02-20-2012, 05:35 PM

5) What was unique about the Disneyland Railroad's first two trains?

4) Five

5) Built in the Walt Disney Studios? The other three were built by the Baldwin Locomotive Works.

badkitty
02-20-2012, 05:37 PM
7) Lilly Belle

8) WDW's Magic Kingdom (she is #2 and is green)

Main Street Jim
02-20-2012, 07:51 PM

badkitty got this one; the Roy O. Disney steam train - built in 1916 by Baldwin Locomotive Works - is indeed one year older than prince Charming's Regal Carrousel.

2) What is unique about the steam locomotives Walter E. Disney and Roger E. Broggie at Walt Disney World?badkitty again got this *partly* right: "The two locomotives are considered twins", because, yes, they are both what are known as "4-6-0's", or "ten-wheelers". But there's also one more unique fact about the two locomotives (and it's not their sequential train numbers, either).

3) How many locomotives were purchased for Florida's Magic Kingdom?Joannelet got this one; five trains were purchased for Florida from Yucatan. However, that fifth one was in such poor condition that when it was unloaded off of the trailer, it literally *fell apart* as it came down the ramp.

5) What was unique about the Disneyland Railroad's first two trains?badkitty *almost* got this one; if she <? - I'm hoping...LOL> read her answer to #5, she should have had the answer to #4 :) The first two steam trains for Disneyland were indeed built *by* Disney, so that would mean that the last three trains were actually purchased.

*However*...the *correct* answer that I was looking for, for #5, was that one train was a "passenger" train, only making stops at Main Street, USA. The second train was the "freight train", only stopping at Frontierland. The trains would actually pass each other with "sidings" (train tracks side-by-side) at each station, and the conductors would have to actually switch the tracks when "their" train was stopped, so that the other could pass.

6) What was the name of the 1/8th scale railroad that Walt had built in his backyard?Joannelet got this one - it was the Carolwood Pacific.

7) What name did Walt give to his locomotive on that railroad?

8) Where else can you find a locomotive of the same name as #7 above?badkitty got both of these :) The Lilly Belle, which is found "full-scale" at Florida's Magic Kingdom. **Side note: Miss Lilly Belle was the train that I learned how to operate a steam train on. A lot of the other engineers thought she was a pain in you-know-what, but, I *loved* that locomotive. I looked forward to the weekends when I could operate her for the morning Welcome show. I also think she's the most photogenic, with the green, red, and gold :) She is currently under a MAJOR refurbishment at Strasburg, PA.

9) How many station stops are there at a) Disneyland's railroad, and b) at Florida's WDWRR?badkitty got part "a"; Joannelet got part of part "b" :) Yes, there are *currently* only the two stops, but, there are really three (Mickey's ToonTown Fair, soon to become the new Fantasyland station) :)

10) Why was Florida's Frontierland train station moved to its current location?squad51 got this one :) Yep, because of the construction of Splash Mountain.

So: these have all been answered for the most part :) I'd still like to see if anyone can tell me what is still unique about the two ten-wheelers (Walter and Roger) :thumbsup:

Joannelet
02-20-2012, 08:51 PM
So: these have all been answered for the most part :) I'd still like to see if anyone can tell me what is still unique about the two ten-wheelers (Walter and Roger) :thumbsup:

The Walter E. Disney and Roger E. Broggie locomotives have serial numbers that are sequential (58444 and 58445). These locomotives were on the shop floor at the same time in 1925 as they were being built for the United Railways of Yucatan and still operate together to this day. Because of this, they are referred to as the "twins".

Main Street Jim
02-20-2012, 09:12 PM
The Walter E. Disney and Roger E. Broggie locomotives have serial numbers that are sequential (58444 and 58445). These locomotives were on the shop floor at the same time in 1925 as they were being built for the United Railways of Yucatan and still operate together to this day. Because of this, they are referred to as the "twins".Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a *winnah*!! :)

That's the answer I was looking for :)

By the way, the steam trains at Walt Disney World were built in 1916 (Roy O. Disney, #4), 1925 (Walter E. Disney #1, and Roger E. Broggie #3), and 1928 (Lilly Belle, #2).

At Anahiem, the trains were built in 1895 (#3 Fred Gurley), 1902 (#5 Ward Kimball), 1925 (#4 Ernest Marsh), and 1955 (#1 C.K. Holliday and #2 E.P. Ripley).

badkitty
02-21-2012, 12:29 PM
badkitty *almost* got this one; if she <? - I'm hoping...LOL> read her answer to #5, she should have had the answer to #4 :) The first two steam trains for Disneyland were indeed built *by* Disney, so that would mean that the last three trains were actually purchased.

*However*...the *correct* answer that I was looking for, for #5, was that one train was a "passenger" train, only making stops at Main Street, USA. The second train was the "freight train", only stopping at Frontierland. The trains would actually pass each other with "sidings" (train tracks side-by-side) at each station, and the conductors would have to actually switch the tracks when "their" train was stopped, so that the other could pass.

Oh, duh. Built two, purchased three. :blush:

I remember my nana talking about the two trains running side by side.

badkitty
02-21-2012, 12:36 PM
badkitty got both of these :) The Lilly Belle, which is found "full-scale" at Florida's Magic Kingdom. **Side note: Miss Lilly Belle was the train that I learned how to operate a steam train on. A lot of the other engineers thought she was a pain in you-know-what, but, I *loved* that locomotive. I looked forward to the weekends when I could operate her for the morning Welcome show. I also think she's the most photogenic, with the green, red, and gold :) She is currently under a MAJOR refurbishment at Strasburg, PA.

Oh, how thrilling for you! I am such a big fan of the Disney steam trains. The railroad is actually my favorite attraction on both coasts. How exciting that you were an engineer. If it wasn't for the FL humidity, I would love to be an engineer.

I have some wonderful photos of the Lilly Belle when I was on the Behind the Stream tour.

Zawadi
03-01-2012, 05:44 AM
I blinked and missed the last round :( but we are planning to do the "Behind The Steam Trains" tour during our next trip to WDW :)

Here're a few more questions...

1) How many animatronic versions of Ellen are there within "The Universe of Energy" attraction?

2) What are the ingredients of the Evil Queen's "Evil Brew" in Snow White?

3) Which BTMRR is the longest (WDW, Paris or California)? Bonus if you can provide the track lengths

4) To who and what did Tramp describe as a "log puller"?

5) Which Disney Imagineer is remembered in the Haunted mansion's graveyard?

badkitty
03-01-2012, 12:54 PM

I'm asuming you mean at WDW? There are so many especially with the new graveyard addition. I'm looking at my photos I took in October so let me see how many I get. I'm sure there are more.

Leota Toombs (Madame Leota)
Francis Xavier (no time off for good behavior)
Marc Davis (Grandpa Marc)
Yale Gracey (Master Gracey laid to rest. No mourning please, at his request)
Harriet Burns (First lady of the opera, our haunting Harriet. Searched for a tune but never could carry it)
Chuck Myall (Uncle Myall here you'll lie for quite awhile)
Dave Burkhart (Brother Dave chased a bear into a cave)
Roland "Rolly" Crump (Brother Roland here reposes, his soul's above one supposes)
Blaine Gibson (A train made a stain of absent-minded Uncle Blaine)
Ken Anderson (Drink a toast to our good friend Ken. Fill your glass and don't say when)

Paul Frees, the voice of the Ghost Host, wasn't an imagineer but he has a marker. (Your voice will carry on the breeze)

badkitty
03-01-2012, 01:01 PM
1) How many animatronic versions of Ellen are there within "The Universe of Energy" attraction?

Is it one? I only remember her pointing a stick at a snake-like creature.

Zawadi
03-01-2012, 04:13 PM
I'm asuming you mean at WDW? There are so many especially with the new graveyard addition. I'm looking at my photos I took in October so let me see how many I get. I'm sure there are more.

Leota Toombs (Madame Leota)
Francis Xavier (no time off for good behavior)
Marc Davis (Grandpa Marc)
Yale Gracey (Master Gracey laid to rest. No mourning please, at his request)
Harriet Burns (First lady of the opera, our haunting Harriet. Searched for a tune but never could carry it)
Chuck Myall (Uncle Myall here you'll lie for quite awhile)
Dave Burkhart (Brother Dave chased a bear into a cave)
Roland "Rolly" Crump (Brother Roland here reposes, his soul's above one supposes)
Blaine Gibson (A train made a stain of absent-minded Uncle Blaine)
Ken Anderson (Drink a toast to our good friend Ken. Fill your glass and don't say when)

Paul Frees, the voice of the Ghost Host, wasn't an imagineer but he has a marker. (Your voice will carry on the breeze)

:oops: not a very good question :blush:
I was only thinking about Yale Gracey who was responsible for a lot of the special effects within the mansion.

Zawadi
03-01-2012, 04:15 PM
Is it one? I only remember her pointing a stick at a snake-like creature.

Correct.
All of the other depictions of Ellen are within the various video segments.

Main Street Jim
03-01-2012, 10:22 PM
"Slave in the Magic Mirror...come from the darkest space...through wind and darkness I summon thee...let me see thy face! A magic spell in the black of night, with a scream of fright! And a bolt of light! Turn my hair to white!" <-- from Fantasmic!.

I'm gonna say Paris, because you have to travel under the river twice (once to get to the island side and once to get back to the mainland side). Not exactly sure what the track lengths are :)

[quote]4) To who and what did Tramp describe as a "log puller"? Gonna guess on this one and say the beaver.

5) Which Disney Imagineer is remembered in the Haunted mansion's graveyard?Like badkitty said, there's a whole list of 'em :) I assumed you were looking for Yale Gracey, though, since his "grave" has the red rose and is probably the most recognizable. But, there are many others :)

Zawadi
03-04-2012, 06:07 AM

"Slave in the Magic Mirror...come from the darkest space...through wind and darkness I summon thee...let me see thy face! A magic spell in the black of night, with a scream of fright! And a bolt of light! Turn my hair to white!" <-- from Fantasmic!.

The lines from Snow White are slightly different. However the following are correct:

Black of Night
Scream of Fright
Thunderbolt (bolt of light)

There are 3 more ingredients

Zawadi
03-04-2012, 06:12 AM
3) Which BTMRR is the longest (WDW, Paris or California)? Bonus if you can provide the track lengths.

I'm gonna say Paris, because you have to travel under the river twice (once to get to the island side and once to get back to the mainland side). Not exactly sure what the track lengths are :)

Correct.

Paris is the longest out of the 3 mentioned. I must confess that I couldn't find the stats for Tokyo so omitted it :)

Disneyland: 2671 ft (814.1 m)
WDW: 2780 ft (847.3 m)
Paris: 4921.25 ft (1500 m)

Zawadi
03-04-2012, 06:17 AM
4) To who and what did Tramp describe as a "log puller"?

Gonna guess on this one and say the beaver.

Tramp was indeed talking to the beaver. But what was Tramp describing?

------------
Items remaining:

3 ingredients for the Evil Brew
What was Tramp desribing as a "log puller"?

ColleenMcD
03-04-2012, 08:16 AM

The muzzle!

Zawadi
03-04-2012, 02:28 PM

The muzzle!

Correct. It was Lady's muzzle.

Just 3 missing ingredients of the evil brew left to go.

Zawadi
03-13-2012, 06:23 PM

Main Street Jim got 3 of the ingredients:

Black of Night
Scream of Fright
Thunderbolt (bolt of light)

The other ingredients are:

Mummy Dust
Old Hag's Cackle
Blast of Wind

That's it for this round.

badkitty
03-13-2012, 10:36 PM
1. What body of water do you cross to get from the TTC to the MK?
2. In Soarin’, what is the first body of water you “fly” over?
3. What Disneyland attraction took guests inside a water molecule?
4. How many WDW attractions can you name that involve boarding a boat or other water vehicle?
5. What is the name of the river on the Kilimanjaro Safari?

Zawadi
03-14-2012, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the questions badkitty

Seven Seas Lagoon

South Bay - You fly towards Golden Gate Bridge from the north west. You then fly south along the bridge, with Alcatraz on your left, never really entering San Francisco Bay

Zawadi
03-14-2012, 06:11 PM
4. How many WDW attractions can you name that involve boarding a boat or other water vehicle?

Excluding the water parks (Teamboat Springs etc)

MK:

Splash Mountain
Liberty Belle
Small World
Tom Sawyer Island
Jungle Cruise
Pirates of the Caribbean
Swan Boats (1974-1983)
20,000 Leagues (1971 - 1994)

DHS:

Backlot tour (if you're selected for the attack scene)

AK:

Kali River Rapids

EPCoT:

Living with the Land
Maelstrom
The 3 Caballeros (& Donald)
Friendship Boats

Misc:

Friendship Boats
Resort Launches
TTC Ferries
Marina Boat Hire (Contemporary, YC)

Zawadi
03-21-2012, 04:49 PM
3. What Disneyland attraction took guests inside a water molecule?

"Adventure Thru Inner Space" 1967 - 1985

Had to Google this one - way before our time ;)

5. What is the name of the river on the Kilimanjaro Safari?

Safi River

badkitty
04-03-2012, 01:07 PM
Thanks for the questions badkitty

Seven Seas Lagoon

South Bay - You fly towards Golden Gate Bridge from the north west. You then fly south along the bridge, with Alcatraz on your left, never really entering San Francisco Bay

So sorry for the delay. My bad. :blush:

#1 is correct. :thumbsup:

For #2, great description of the ride. :thumbsup: I was going for an answer of San Francisco Bay or Pacific Ocean. I haven't heard the water to the west of the bridge being called South Bay. South Bay to me is the land area of the San Francisco Bay Area also known Silicon Valley. (I lived near San Jose when I was young.)

badkitty
04-03-2012, 01:09 PM

Excluding the water parks (Teamboat Springs etc)

MK:

Splash Mountain
Liberty Belle
Small World
Tom Sawyer Island
Jungle Cruise
Pirates of the Caribbean
Swan Boats (1974-1983)
20,000 Leagues (1971 - 1994)

DHS:

Backlot tour (if you're selected for the attack scene)

AK:

Kali River Rapids

EPCoT:

Living with the Land
Maelstrom
The 3 Caballeros (& Donald)
Friendship Boats

Misc:

Friendship Boats
Resort Launches
TTC Ferries
Marina Boat Hire (Contemporary, YC)

I think you got them all, even the historical ones. Yay! :thumbsup: I didn't think about the Backlot tour boat scene. Good job! :mickey:

badkitty
04-03-2012, 01:22 PM
"Adventure Thru Inner Space" 1967 - 1985

Had to Google this one - way before our time ;)

Safi River

Correct! Adventure Thru Inner Space :thumbsup: I always liked that ride. When I was little, I thought we were really being shrunk. Bonus trivia: My favorite Ghost Host and Pirate Auctioneer (Paul Frees) narrated the ride and the "Atommobile" was the first use of the Omnimover. :mickey:

Safi River is also correct! :thumbsup:

Okay, that is all five answered by Zawadi. Next set please. :D

dlpmikki
04-03-2012, 06:11 PM
Can I just add the Mike Fink Keel boats to the MK water rides? I always regretted not going on them while I had the chance!

badkitty
04-03-2012, 07:39 PM
Can I just add the Mike Fink Keel boats to the MK water rides? I always regretted not going on them while I had the chance!

Definitely! I forgot about those and the canoes. At least we still have the canoes at Disneyland!

Zawadi
04-08-2012, 05:12 PM
Here's a new set of questions:

"Navckid Keyd" Who is this and what character did they play in a Disney film?
Dinoco was a sponsor in Cars. In which other film did it first appear?
Which food outlets truck has appeared in every Pixar film?
In what year was "Clock Cleaners" first released?
In which Disney film do Kurt Russell & Mickey Rooney voice the lead characters?

WDW-Geek
04-09-2012, 08:52 AM
Here's a new set of questions:

Dinoco was a sponsor in Cars. In which other film did it first appear?

Toy Story. :mickey:

badkitty
04-09-2012, 11:28 AM
3. Which food outlets truck has appeared in every Pixar film?

Pizza Planet

Zawadi
04-09-2012, 03:35 PM
Toy Story. :mickey:

It was where Buzz confronted Woody, as Andy helped his Mom to fill up the car, on the way to Pizza Planet

Zawadi
04-09-2012, 04:04 PM
Pizza Planet

The most obscure reference is in Ratatouille when Skinner is chasing Remy. The truck can just be seen on one of the bridges crossing the Seine.

That's two down and three to go

Main Street Jim
04-10-2012, 09:57 PM
"Navckid Keyd" Who is this and what character did they play in a Disney film?It's a play on Dick Van Dyke's name, and ""Navckid Keyd" is credited with playing the part of Mr. Dawes, Sr. in "Mary Poppins".

In what year was "Clock Cleaners" first released?1937. It was the first time Mickey was drawn in color.

In which Disney film do Kurt Russell & Mickey Rooney voice the lead characters?"The Fox and the Hound", 1981

Zawadi
04-12-2012, 05:35 PM
1. "Navckid Keyd" Who is this and what character did they play in a Disney film?

It's a play on Dick Van Dyke's name, and ""Navckid Keyd" is credited with playing the part of Mr. Dawes, Sr. in "Mary Poppins".

4. In what year was "Clock Cleaners" first released?

1937. It was the first time Mickey was drawn in color.

5. In which Disney film do Kurt Russell & Mickey Rooney voice the lead characters?

"The Fox and the Hound", 1981

All correct :mickey::mickey::mickey:

That's it for this round. Well done all!

Next set of questions please.

Main Street Jim
04-13-2012, 07:30 PM
1) In National Treasure, Ben and the girl (sheesh, for the life of me, I *can't* remember what her name in the movie was!... :blush:)...are buying clothes, and need to go to Independence Hall. But, after looking at a $100 bill, they think they're late, but Riley tells them they're not. Why (why weren't they late)?

2) Name all of the famous race car drivers that have a cameo (as voices) in Disney/Pixar's Cars.

3) What Disney park just celebrated its twentieth anniversary?

4) In Finding Nemo, what do the kids refer to a boat as? :)

5) Name the seven guest parking areas at EPCOT :)

DizneyFreak2002
04-14-2012, 03:37 PM
1. Daylight savings time didn't exist in the 1700's...

2. Mario Andretti and Michael Schumacher... I'm drawing a little blank.. I know Richard Petty's wife has a cameo too...

3. Disneyland Paris is celebrating it's 20th anniversary

5. Imagine, Journey, Amaze, Discover, Create, Wonder, and Explore..

squad51
04-14-2012, 10:08 PM
let's not forget about Dale Jr. is also in cars.

Zawadi
04-15-2012, 04:24 AM
Lewis Hamilton voice in Cars2

Main Street Jim
04-15-2012, 09:07 AM
Guess I posted some easy questions :)

In regards to the Cars race car drivers: Dale Earnhardt, Jr.; Mario Andretti; Michael Schumacher ("Eet's a Ferrrrrarrri!!"); Darrell Waltrip ("Cartrip"); and Richard Petty himself is "The King".

In cars 2, Jeff Gordon and Lewis Hamilton are added into the mix.

DizneyFreak2002
04-15-2012, 01:38 PM
Guess I posted some easy questions :)

In regards to the Cars race car drivers: Dale Earnhardt, Jr.; Mario Andretti; Michael Schumacher ("Eet's a Ferrrrrarrri!!"); Darrell Waltrip ("Cartrip"); and Richard Petty himself is "The King".

In cars 2, Jeff Gordon and Lewis Hamilton are added into the mix.

We still don't have number 4... I need to rewatch Nemo LOL... As for the first question, I'ma huge National Treasure fan, watching it numerous times, so I knew that answer right away... :)

Zawadi
04-15-2012, 02:19 PM
4) In Finding Nemo, what do the kids refer to a boat as?

According to Sandy Plankton, it's a "butt"

DizneyFreak2002
04-16-2012, 04:17 PM
Zawadi answered 4... Do we have them all answered correctly now???

Main Street Jim
04-16-2012, 05:40 PM
Yep :thumbsup: Who's next?

Zawadi
04-22-2012, 04:56 PM
1. How tall are the signature swan and dolphin statues on the hotel of that name?

2. What were the "Excursion Steamers"?

3. Which complex that was the inspiration of Michael & Jane Eisner was demolished in 2002?

4. In which year was the International Gateway created

5. What was the former name of "living with the Land"?

Main Street Jim
04-22-2012, 09:47 PM
1. How tall are the signature swan and dolphin statues on the hotel of that name?The Swans are 47' tall; the Dolphins are 56' tall.

2. What were the "Excursion Steamers"?Were these the sidewheelers that transported guests to Discovery Island - the Port-o-Call and the Southern Seas?

3. Which complex that was the inspiration of Michael & Jane Eisner was demolished in 2002?The Disney Institute<?>, I believe, although, the Institute still does hold corporate classes.

4. In which year was the International Gateway created?1990, I believe.

5. What was the former name of "living with the Land"?"Listen to the Land".

Zawadi
04-23-2012, 03:40 PM
1. How tall are the signature swan and dolphin statues on the hotel of that name?

The Swans are 47' tall; the Dolphins are 56' tall.
Correct.

2. What were the "Excursion Steamers"?

Were these the sidewheelers that transported guests to Discovery Island - the Port-o-Call and the Southern Seas?
Correct.

3. Which complex that was the inspiration of Michael & Jane Eisner was demolished in 2002?
The Disney Institute<?>, I believe, although, the Institute still does hold corporate classes.
Correct. My references state that the Institute's site is now occupied by a DVC resort.

4. In which year was the International Gateway created?

1990, I believe.
Correct

5. What was the former name of "living with the Land"?

"Listen to the Land".
Correct

5/5 Excellent :mickey::mickey::mickey:

Next set of questions please...

Zawadi
05-03-2012, 12:12 PM
Has anybody got some questions to post? :mickey:

Main Street Jim
05-05-2012, 10:37 PM
1) Who were Cruella De Vil's henchmen?

2) What "piece of history" of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway became part of the Tomorrowland Indy Speedway in 1999 when it was renamed?

3) What is the elevation of the Magic Kingdom above sea level, according to the Main Street train station?

4) Put the following Disney animated features in order in the year<s> that they were made: Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Robin Hood, Jungle Book, Alice in Wonderland

5) Put the following castles in order from shortest to tallest: Cinderella Castle (Tokyo); Sleeping Beauty Castle (Anaheim); Le Château de la Belle au Bois Dormant (Disneyland Paris); Cinderella Castle (Orlando); Sleeping Beuaty Castle (Hong Kong)

Zawadi
05-06-2012, 12:10 PM
1) Who were Cruella De Vil's henchmen?

Horace & Jasper Badun

Voiced in the original animation by Frederick Worlock & J. Pat O'Malley respectively.

Played by Mark Williams & Hugh Laurie respectively in the live action film.

Joannelet
05-06-2012, 01:31 PM
4) Put the following Disney animated features in order in the year<s> that they were made: Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Robin Hood, Jungle Book, Alice in Wonderland
)

Cinderella 1950
Alice in Wonderland 1951
Sleeping Beauty 1959
The jungle Book 1967
Robin Hood 1973

Joannelet
05-06-2012, 01:44 PM
5) Put the following castles in order from shortest to tallest: Cinderella Castle (Tokyo); Sleeping Beauty Castle (Anaheim); Le Château de la Belle au Bois Dormant (Disneyland Paris); Cinderella Castle (Orlando); Sleeping Beuaty Castle (Hong Kong)

Sleeping Beauty Anaheim and sleeping beauty hong Kong 77 ft (tied for shortest)

Le Chateau de la Belle, Paris 147 ft

Cinderella castle Tokyo 168 ft

Cinderella, Orlando 189 ft

Joannelet
05-09-2012, 08:14 PM
Main street Jim how did we do so far?

Main Street Jim
05-13-2012, 07:57 PM
Y'all got 'em all right :)

Next? :)

Zawadi
05-19-2012, 09:52 AM
I believe that 2 of Main Street Jim's question remain unanswered.

2) What "piece of history" of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway became part of the Tomorrowland Indy Speedway in 1999 when it was renamed?

3) What is the elevation of the Magic Kingdom above sea level, according to the Main Street train station?

Zawadi
05-19-2012, 03:05 PM

108ft

squad51
05-20-2012, 04:26 PM
#2, The bricks that make up the start/finish line are from the track in Indy.

Main Street Jim
05-20-2012, 09:13 PM
#2, The bricks that make up the start/finish line are from the track in Indy.Well, actually, it was just *one* brick.

Indianapolis Motor Speedway was built in 1909, and was originally paved with over 3 million bricks. As time went on, throughout the 1940s (after WWII, when the track was closed and sat in disrepair), portions of the track were paved over with asphalt. In 1952, the entire track received its first complete paving (or re-paving) all the way around the track. It was repaved again in the early '70s, and then again in the mid-1990's when NASCAR started running there.

The track (officials) have left a 3-foot-wide "stripe" of original bricks at the start-finish line. One of the track's original 1909 bricks was recovered during the 1990's repave, and was "installed" at the Tomorrowland Indy Speedway just past the exit/pedestrian bridge on the track surface. There was even a little "dedication plaque" on the pedestrian bridge describing the origin and history of the brick. :thumbsup:

Zawadi
06-01-2012, 03:20 PM
:bump:
Has anybody got any questions to post? :mickey:

Main Street Jim
06-02-2012, 05:49 PM
1) What other three resorts were originally planned for "Phase II" of Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom Resort area, and where were they supposed to be built?

2) OK, I'm pretty sure I know what the *current* colors of the Monorails are (there's 10, plus the "Aveng-orail", correct? LOL...), but...when Walt Disney World had a fleet of 12 Monorails, what were those 12 colors?

3) Bob Crane of "Hogan's Heroes" TV fame starred in one Walt Disney feature film. What was it?

4) In an original EPCOT concept, an African pavilion was supposed to "feature live animals". How were they proposed to be displayed?

5) Donald Duck has an actual middle name. Why does he have a middle name, and what is it?

6) In the early years of Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom, a water-ski show was presented on Seven Seas Lagoon to compete with what other attraction?

7) Where would you have found Michael Iceberg and the Amazing Iceberg Machine?

8) What do Trixie (from the Country Bear Jamboree) and Sonny Eclipse (of Cosmic Ray's Starlight Café fame) have in common?

9) In Horizons, a hovercraft was the mode of transportation for Mesa Verde. Today at Walt Disney World, where can you find one of the Horizons hovercrafts?

10) What two famous racecourses were featured in Disney's "The Love Bug"?

Zawadi
06-03-2012, 05:01 AM
Thanks for posting another set of questions :mickey:

5) Donald Duck has an actual middle name. Why does he have a middle name, and what is it

Donald's full name is Donald Fauntleroy Duck. This was established in the 1942 Donald cartoon 'Donald Gets Drafted'

Fauntleroy appears to be a reference to his sailor hat, which was a common accessory for (Frances Hodgson Burnett's) "Little Lord Fauntleroy" suits.

Zawadi
06-03-2012, 05:50 AM
7) Where would you have found Michael Iceberg and the Amazing Iceberg Machine?

The musician Michael Iceberg performed at:

WDW - Tomorrowland Terrace
DLR Calif. - Space Stage

In the 70s and 80s.

squad51
06-03-2012, 10:38 AM
The original 12 monorail colors for the current type of mark VI monorail was:
Red, Black, Coral, Orange, Gold, Yellow, Purple, Pink, Lime, Green, Blue, and Silver.

Following the wreck of Pink and Purple Teal was created using undamaged sections of pink and purple. Late last year Peach entered service bringing the fleet back up to 12 trains.

A few months ago monorail red was decorated for the avengers movie.

squad51
06-03-2012, 12:26 PM
The three other resorts that were to be built in phase II of the magic kingdom construction was to be the Asian, Persian, and Venetian Resorts.

The Venetian was to be located next to the TTC however the ground would not allow for building. Footings would have to have been rather deep and costly. (This was also going to have been the site of the Mediterranean Resort which was also scraped for the same reason.)
The Persian Resort was canceled due to the 1973 mid-east oil embargo.The project was all set to go in 1978 and was going to be underwritten by the Shaw of Iran, however, the revolution in Iran put that to an end. This resort was going to be located to the north of the Contemporary Resort.
The Asian was going to be located where the Grand Floridian is now. The project was canceled in 1973 due to the oil crisis of that year.

Zawadi
06-04-2012, 05:28 AM
3) Bob Crane of "Hogan's Heroes" TV fame starred in one Walt Disney feature film. What was it?

Bob Crane appeared in two Disney films, Superdad (1973) in the title role and Gus (1976) in a cameo.

Zawadi
06-04-2012, 05:36 AM
4) In an original EPCOT concept, an African pavilion was supposed to "feature live animals". How were they proposed to be displayed?

The live animals were actually on a 70mm film that was to be back-projected onto a 20ft tall panoramic screen in a "fully immersive" theater that used heat, smell, wind and sound to give the impression of being in Africa. Scenery in front of the screen would give the illusion of the animals moving in their natural environment.

Zawadi
06-04-2012, 05:55 AM
9) In Horizons, a hovercraft was the mode of transportation for Mesa Verde. Today at Walt Disney World, where can you find one of the Horizons hovercrafts?

I've been lucky enough to see both the hovercraft and SoloSub on the backlot tour at Disneyland Paris, which has just had its 20th birthday (12 April)

Main Street Jim
06-04-2012, 10:05 PM
I've been lucky enough to see both the hovercraft and SoloSub on the backlot tour at Disneyland Paris, which has just had its 20th birthday (12 April)Yes, but the question was..."where at Walt Disney World...?" :thumbsup:

Main Street Jim
06-04-2012, 10:13 PM
Donald's full name is Donald Fauntleroy Duck. This was established in the 1942 Donald cartoon 'Donald Gets Drafted'.

Fauntleroy appears to be a reference to his sailor hat, which was a common accessory for (Frances Hodgson Burnett's) "Little Lord Fauntleroy" suits.Good answer :)

Story I've heard is that in order to be "officially drafted", one *must* have a middle name - and a social-security number. What that number was, I don't know :)

Main Street Jim
06-04-2012, 10:14 PM
So, we've got six of 'em.

We still need:

6) In the early years of Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom, a water-ski show was presented on Seven Seas Lagoon to compete with what other attraction?

8) What do Trixie (from the Country Bear Jamboree) and Sonny Eclipse (of Cosmic Ray's Starlight Café fame) have in common?

Zawadi
06-05-2012, 05:07 AM

I've been lucky enough to see both the hovercraft and SoloSub on the backlot tour at Disneyland Paris, which has just had its 20th birthday (12 April)

Yes, but the question was..."where at Walt Disney World...?" :thumbsup:

Keeping with the boneyard theme - Backlot Express Restaurant

DisneyDINK
06-05-2012, 11:22 AM

Cypress Gardens?

DisneyDINK
06-05-2012, 11:37 AM

They are both seated? I'm assuming it is something more than that, but I thoiught I would give it a shot.

Main Street Jim
06-06-2012, 10:16 PM
Cypress Gardens?That's correct :)

Legend has it that Disney "stole" a lot of the talent away from Cypress Gardens in the early '70s that really hurt their business, as they had to quickly train a LOT of replacements that had left for Disney (for the better pay, of course ;) ).

Main Street Jim
06-06-2012, 10:17 PM
They are both seated? I'm assuming it is something more than that, but I thoiught I would give it a shot.You're *pretty* close :)

Still need this one, and #10 :mickey:

Zawadi
06-07-2012, 02:40 PM

Assuming that you mean car (as opposed to horse) racecourses...

Riverside International Raceway in Riverside, California.
Laguna Seca Raceway in Monterey, California.

?

Main Street Jim
06-09-2012, 06:48 PM
Assuming that you mean car (as opposed to horse) racecourses...

Riverside International Raceway in Riverside, California.
Laguna Seca Raceway in Monterey, California.

?OK, then, there's three :)

These are the two prominent road courses. There's one more race track ;)

Main Street Jim
06-09-2012, 08:03 PM
They are both seated? I'm assuming it is something more than that, but I thoiught I would give it a shot.

Sonny and Trixie are actually..."related" :)

Sonny Eclipse is really a "spare" Trixie animatronic.

When Tomorrowland was revamped in the mid-1990s, a "lounge act" concept came up for what was the old Tomorrowland Terrace. The Imagineers came up with the idea of a "lounge lizard" from Yew Nork. However, Eisner wanted the "production" put together on a budget. So, when Sonny Eclipse's "figure" was finalized in artwork, instead of an entirely-new figure, it was decided on to use a spare "Trixie" from Country Bear Jamboree: short legs, large(r) head, and large body. Look closely the next time you're at the park and compare the two :)

Main Street Jim
06-13-2012, 07:45 PM
For #10: I was thinking of Ascot Park in Gardena, CA. That's where the "opening" racing sequences were shot, when Jim Douglas was racing "Destruction Derby". :thumbsup:

Someone else's turn ;)

DisneyDINK
06-14-2012, 10:00 AM
For #10: I was thinking of Ascot Park in Gardena, CA. That's where the "opening" racing sequences were shot, when Jim Douglas was racing "Destruction Derby". :thumbsup:

I went there on the 4th of July, 1989 for figure 8 stock car racing, demolition derby and fireworks. Now that was a lot of fun!

Main Street Jim
06-14-2012, 09:15 PM
"By the numbers"

1) Name the five dummy corporations set up by Disney to purchase property in Florida.

2) How many "trains" total are there at Space Mountain?

3) How many miles of train track are there on the Walt Disney World Railroad?

4) What is the capacity for a) the Monorails and b) the Ferry Boats?

5) What is the length of the Walt Disney World Speedway?

6) How many World Championship titles have Disney-owned teams won, and which ones?

7) How many acres and square miles of property does Walt Disney World cover?

8) Put the four Walt Disney World theme parks in order in terms of land size from smallest to largest (and their acreage).

9) How many Presidents have a speaking role at the Hall of Presidents?

10) Who wore the #11 in the first Cars feature film?

Zawadi
06-15-2012, 03:14 PM
Even more questions from MainStreetJim :D

4) What is the capacity for a) the Monorails and b) the Ferry Boats?

Monorail: 365 (on average 150000 passengers transported per day - WOW!)

Ferry: 600

squad51
06-17-2012, 06:37 PM
5) The WDW Speedway is a one mile tri-oval.
10) #11 was worn by Mario Andretti
7) WDW is 22,000 acres covering 47 square miles
6) The LA Angles have one world series title, I don't think the Ducks have a Stanley Cup.

Joannelet
06-17-2012, 08:50 PM
"By the numbers"

1) Name the five dummy corporations set up by Disney to purchase property in Florida

1) Latin American Development and Management Corporation
2)Reedy Creek Ranch Corporation
3) Ayefour Corporation (for interstate 4)
4)Tomahawk Properties
5) Bay Lake Properties

Joannelet
06-17-2012, 08:57 PM
"by the numbers"

9) how many presidents have a speaking role at the hall of presidents?

indytraveler
06-21-2012, 04:10 PM
8) Put the four Walt Disney World theme parks in order in terms of land size from smallest to largest (and their acreage).

1. Magic Kingdom - 107 acres
2. Hollywood studios - 135 acres
3. Epcot - 300 acres
4. Animal Kingdom - 500 acres

That was the best figures I could find.

Main Street Jim
06-21-2012, 06:44 PM
1. Magic Kingdom - 107 acres
2. Hollywood studios - 135 acres
3. Epcot - 300 acres
4. Animal Kingdom - 500 acres

That was the best figures I could find.Hmmm. Not what I know, or have heard :) Ya got three of 'em that I *know* of.

indytraveler
06-22-2012, 12:11 AM
Hmmm. Not what I know, or have heard :) Ya got three of 'em that I *know* of.

I'd say that the Magic Kingdom would be larger. Where I found the acreage I don't think they accounted for Seven Seas Lagoon. So I would guess it is closer to 150 acres which would be 1/2 the size of Epcot.

Magic Kingdom - 150 acres?

Zawadi
06-29-2012, 01:55 PM
"2) How many "trains" total are there at Space Mountain

15 trains per track. Although usually only 13 per track are active.

Zawadi
06-29-2012, 02:11 PM
"10) Who wore the #11 in the first Cars feature film?

Mario Andretti
Oops already answered by squad51

Main Street Jim
07-01-2012, 08:51 PM
The only one I haven't seen answered yet is #3:

How miles of train track are there on the Walt Disney World Railroad?...and I should have stated, "on the main line". :D Doesn't include the "spur line" back to the roundhouse. :thumbsup:

DisneyDINK
07-02-2012, 10:51 AM
3) How many miles of train track are there on the Walt Disney World Railroad?

1.5 miles?

Zawadi
07-11-2012, 04:38 PM
Tower of Terror trivia time...

What is the motto printed on a ToT Fastpass?
The corridor scene is based on which numbered floor?
The little girl carries a doll of who?
When you walk into the lobby in the right hand line there is a magazine on a table to your right. The byline on the magazine says that it contains cartoons by who?
Which animal can be seen on the out side of ToT at night?
Music from which horror film is sometimes played in the line area for ToT?

DisneyDINK
07-19-2012, 10:20 AM
1. What is the motto printed on a ToT Fastpass?

Fear Every Drop

2. The corridor scene is based on which numbered floor?

13?

Zawadi
07-19-2012, 12:09 PM
1. What is the motto printed on a ToT Fastpass?
Fear Every Drop

13?

I must admit that that was my first thought. Think about what floor you actually see it on

MaterializedHaunt
07-20-2012, 02:43 PM
3. The little girl carries a doll of who?

Shirley Temple? (im probably way off lol)

Zawadi
07-21-2012, 04:20 AM
Shirley Temple? (im probably way off lol)

Good guess but the answer is a bit closer to our beloved WDW home.

Joannelet
07-21-2012, 07:21 AM
Question number 3 is Mickey Mouse! The little girl is carrying him. :)

Zawadi
07-21-2012, 08:36 AM
Question number 3 is Mickey Mouse! The little girl is carrying him. :)

Main Street Jim
07-29-2012, 04:07 PM
1) The black "pursuit" cars at Lights! Motors! Action! Extreme Stunt Spectacular are what make/model?

2) What is the name of the white horse that appears on the globe during "Illuminations: Reflections of Earth"; and where would you have been able to find the real-live horse?

3) How many gallons of propane does the inferno barge carry for a full show of "Illuminations: Reflections of Earth"?

4) What was Disney's first "nighttime electrical light" type parade?

5) At Mission: Space at EPCOT, your flight simulator is the "X-2" rocket. Where can you find the "X-1" rocket?

6) The current home of "Playhouse Disney: Live!" was once what restaurant?

7) Name the parking lots at Animal Kingdom.

8) Who provides the "announcer" voice at Tomorrowland Speedway during your "race"?

9) Who was your narrator for The Living Seas pre-show film presentation?

10) In what feature film did Bugs Bunny and Mickey Mouse appear together for the first - and only - time?

Zawadi
07-29-2012, 04:46 PM
To close off my round the unanswered questions were...

Answer: 4th

4. When you walk into the lobby in the right hand line there is a magazine on a table to your right. The byline on the magazine says that it contains cartoons by who?
Answer: Walt Disney

5. Which animal can be seen on the out side of ToT at night?
Answer: Lion

6. Music from which horror film is sometimes played in the line area for ToT?
Answer: The Shining

Now on to MainStreetJim's set of questions...

Zawadi
07-29-2012, 04:49 PM
10) In what feature film did Bugs Bunny and Mickey Mouse appear together for the first - and only - time?

Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
Mickey says the line "Or even a mouse!"

Zawadi
07-29-2012, 05:03 PM
7) Name the parking lots at Animal Kingdom.

Unicorn, Giraffe, Butterfly, Dinosaur & Peacock

When I've taken the car to DAK, it has been early morning and we've only ever parked in Unicorn-21, next to the CM parking lot.

DisneyDINK
08-01-2012, 10:53 AM
1) The black "pursuit" cars at Lights! Motors! Action! Extreme Stunt Spectacular are what make/model?

VW Golf?

9) Who was your narrator for The Living Seas pre-show film presentation?

Hope Alexander-Willis

Who Framed Roger Rabbit? (No, not a question, the question mark is a part of the title.)

Zawadi
08-01-2012, 04:15 PM

Vauxhall, aka Opel, Corsa

Skippy
08-01-2012, 08:28 PM
#4 the electrical water pageant on bay lake and seven seas lagoon.

Joannelet
08-01-2012, 09:15 PM
2) What is the name of the white horse that appears on the globe during "Illuminations: Reflections of Earth"; and where would you have been able to find the real-live horse?

I am not 100% sure on this but is his name White Feller? Was he Tonto's horse from the Lone Ranger? I believe Universal made the scenes on the Earth?

Joannelet
08-01-2012, 09:20 PM
6) The current home of "Playhouse Disney: Live!" was once what restaurant?

Catwalk Bar/Soundstage Restaurant

Main Street Jim
08-03-2012, 09:16 PM
I am not 100% sure on this but is his name White Feller? Was he Tonto's horse from the Lone Ranger? I believe Universal made the scenes on the Earth?Nope :)

Zawadi
08-04-2012, 03:25 AM

This took some finding ;)

The horse is Zeus which is/was? one of the horses that provides the Fort Wilderness Horseback Trek experience.

Zawadi
08-04-2012, 03:36 AM
5) At Mission: Space at EPCOT, your flight simulator is the "X-2" rocket. Where can you find the "X-1" rocket?

The only references that I can find is to:

35ft gravity wheel in the ITC
Model of the X-1 hanging in the ITC

Or are you referring to the 1950s X-1 aircraft at the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum in Washington D.C.?

If neither then you've beaten me :mickey:

Zawadi
08-04-2012, 03:38 AM
3) how many gallons of propane does the inferno barge carry for a full show of "illuminations: Reflections of earth"?

Main Street Jim
08-04-2012, 11:21 PM
1) The black "pursuit" cars at Lights! Motors! Action! Extreme Stunt Spectacular are what make/model?Zawadi got this one:
Opel, Corsa

2) What is the name of the white horse that appears on the globe during "Illuminations: Reflections of Earth"; and where would you have been able to find the real-live horse?Zawadi got this one as well:
This took some finding :)

The horse is Zeus which is/was? one of the horses that provides the Fort Wilderness Horseback Trek experience.

3) How many gallons of propane does the inferno barge carry for a full show of "Illuminations: Reflections of Earth"?Zawadi was close, with "400 gallons". From what I know and what I've seen on TV shows, it's actually 300 gallons.

4) What was Disney's first "nighttime electrical light" type parade?Skippy got it:
the electrical water pageant on bay lake and seven seas lagoon. The Electrical Water Pageant debuted with the opening of Walt Disney World in Florida. The Main Street Electrical Parade debuted at Disneyland in 1972.

5) At Mission: Space at EPCOT, your flight simulator is the "X-2" rocket. Where can you find the "X-1" rocket?Zawadi attempted this one:
The only references that I can find is to:

35ft gravity wheel in the ITC
Model of the X-1 hanging in the ITC

Or are you referring to the 1950s X-1 aircraft at the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum in Washington D.C.?

If neither then you've beaten me.Close :) Actually...LOL...I never knew there was an "X-1 model" in the ITC at Mission: Space :blush: What I was looking for, was inside Space Mountain at the Magic Kingdom. When you "load for launch" (i.e., climb the lift hill inside Space Mountain), the spacecraft that is "docking" (if you look up) is known as the "X-1". Hard to tell if you've never walked the track inside the Mountain or never seen it with the lights on and ridden the PeopleMover through it :)

6) The current home of "Playhouse Disney: Live!" was once what restaurant?Joannelet got this one:
Catwalk Bar/Soundstage Restaurant

7) Name the parking lots at Animal Kingdom.Zawadi again:
Unicorn, Giraffe, Butterfly, Dinosaur & Peacock

When I've taken the car to DAK, it has been early morning and we've only ever parked in Unicorn-21, next to the CM parking lot.

8) Who provides the "announcer" voice at Tomorrowland Speedway during your "race"?Wow, no one even attempted this one :) Tom Carnegie, who was the official track announcer for many, *many* years at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, "announces" the Tomorrowland Indy 500. :thumbsup:

9) Who was your narrator for The Living Seas pre-show film presentation?DisneyDINk attempted this one:
Hope Alexander-WillisI've always known it to be Kathleen Turner (voice of "Jessica Rabbit"). I've never heard of this name before. Where was this information found?

10) In what feature film did Bugs Bunny and Mickey Mouse appear together for the first - and only - time?A couple of ya's got this one: Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

:mickey: :thumbsup:

Zawadi
08-09-2012, 04:27 PM
1) Which WDW area opened 01 May 1989?

2) Which mode of WDW transport ceased operation in 1979?

3) What is the title of the song sung by Big Al in the Country Bears' Jamboree?

4) What was the name of the hurricane that created Typhoon Lagoon?

5) What was the name of the Timekeeper's assistant?

6) The Voyage of the Little Mermaid replaced which other show?

Main Street Jim
08-11-2012, 10:57 PM
1) Which WDW area opened 01 May 1989?Pleasure Island

2) Which mode of WDW transport ceased operation in 1979?Two possible answers I can think of: the side-wheeler paddleboats Southern Seas and Port O' Call; or....(unofficially) the Fort Wilderness Railroad

3) What is the title of the song sung by Big Al in the Country Bears' Jamboree?"Blood on the Saddle"

4) What was the name of the hurricane that created Typhoon Lagoon?*Ouch* :) Ya got me on this one; I'd have to look it up.

5) What was the name of the Timekeeper's assistant?Nine-Eye; just got done watching the full Timekeeper show. :thumbsup:

6) The Voyage of the Little Mermaid replaced which other show?Hmmm...I'm not real sure what was there before VotLM. :(

Zawadi
08-12-2012, 05:15 AM
1) Which WDW area opened 01 May 1989?
Pleasure Island
Correct

2) Which mode of WDW transport ceased operation in 1979?
Two possible answers I can think of: the side-wheeler paddleboats Southern Seas and Port O' Call; or....(unofficially) the Fort Wilderness Railroad
I was indeed after the Fort Wilderness railway.
The Southern Seas II, built in 1977, was broken up, by a bulldozer, in 1984.

3) What is the title of the song sung by Big Al in the Country Bears' Jamboree?
"Blood on the Saddle"
Correct

*Ouch* :) Ya got me on this one; I'd have to look it up.
:D - #4 is still up for grabs

5) What was the name of the Timekeeper's assistant?
Nine-Eye; just got done watching the full Timekeeper show. :thumbsup:
Correct

Hmmm...I'm not real sure what was there before VotLM. :(

:D - #6 is still up for grabs

DisneyDINK
08-13-2012, 10:45 AM

Here Comes The Muppets :kermit:

DisneyDINK
08-13-2012, 11:02 AM

Connie?

Zawadi
08-13-2012, 02:44 PM
Connie?
Correct

Here Comes The Muppets :kermit:
This was shown whilst Muppet Vision 3D was being constructed.

That's this round completed. :thumbsup:

Next set of question please.

DisneyDINK
08-15-2012, 12:06 PM
I'm no Main Street Jim, but here we go...

1. Who was Fred Gurley and where can his name be found in a Disney Park?

2. What song is played on the banjo in the Bayou scene at POTC in Disneyland?

3. Where can you get a Dole Whip outside of the MK at WDW?

4. Name the two bars at DHS. :beer:

5. If you run and complete the Walt Disney World Marathon and the Disneyland Half Marathon in the same year, what is the name of the medal/achievement you have earned?

6. Who composed and recorded the 80’s pop song “Mickey Mouse”? Did they ever perform the song at a Disney Park?

7. What is the name of the beached ship in Stormalong Bay?

8. How many wave machines are there in WDW?

9. What is the name of the mountain in Typhoon lagoon? How tall is it?

10. When did Tinkerbell first fly at the MK during the fireworks? What is the maximum weight allowed for a "Tinkerbell"?

Zawadi
08-15-2012, 03:18 PM
10. When did Tinkerbell first fly at the MK during the fireworks? What is the maximum weight allowed for a "Tinkerbell"?

90lbs. It takes Tinks 34 seconds to fly 750ft from the Castle

Zawadi
08-15-2012, 03:20 PM

Albatross

Zawadi
08-15-2012, 03:22 PM

Mount Mayday

Zawadi
08-15-2012, 03:25 PM

Typhoon Lagoon
Seven Sea Lagoon (scrapped and never removed)

Zawadi
08-15-2012, 03:35 PM

Patrick J Ryan
Angel

Zawadi
08-15-2012, 03:37 PM

President of Santa Fe Railroad
Engine #3 of the Disney railroad at Anaheim

Zawadi
08-15-2012, 05:40 PM
Patrick J Ryan
Angel

:oops: meant to say
Patrick J Ryan Bar and Monarch Saloon, both which can be found on The Great Movie Ride.

DisneyDINK
08-16-2012, 10:42 AM
President of Santa Fe Railroad
Engine #3 of the Disney railroad at Anaheim

Yep. My aunt was a tour guide for Mr. Fred Gurley on DL's opening day in 1955. The locomotive was originally built in 1894, mostly rebuilt, but still going strong!

4. Name the two bars at DHS.

:oops: meant to say
Patrick J Ryan Bar and Monarch Saloon, both which can be found on The Great Movie Ride.

Not what I was looking for, so I'll rephrase, :"Name the two places where you can buy a coctail in DHS." But honestly, your answer is more interesting.

Albatross

Correct!

Typhoon Lagoon
Seven Sea Lagoon (scrapped and never removed)

Pretty much what I was looking for.

Mount Mayday

Correct, but how tall?

90lbs. It takes Tinks 34 seconds to fly 750ft from the Castle

I was looking for the first calendar date Tinkerbell flew at the MK at WDW.

I hope you like the questions. Are they hard enough to be "Expert Edition"?

Zawadi
08-16-2012, 01:02 PM

Mount Mayday is a vertigo inducing 95ft

03 July 1985. Originally the flight was meant to be seasonal.

I hope you like the questions. Are they hard enough to be "Expert Edition"?

Yes & Yes :mickey: And thanks for posting them

DisneyDINK
08-16-2012, 04:12 PM
Mount Mayday is a vertigo inducing 95ft

Yep!

03 July 1985. Originally the flight was meant to be seasonal.

Right again!

Yes & Yes :mickey: And thanks for posting them

You're welcome!

So... We've got #2, 3, 4, 5 & 6 remaining

Oh, on #2 there are 2 songs now that I think about it. Either one would be good enough.

Zawadi
08-17-2012, 02:25 PM

Captain Cooks at the Polynesian Resort

badkitty
08-18-2012, 08:46 PM
2. What song is played on the banjo in the Bayou scene at POTC in Disneyland?

5. If you run and complete the Walt Disney World Marathon and the Disneyland Half Marathon in the same year, what is the name of the medal/achievement you have earned?

A lot of trivia has happened while I was away. It took forever to read them all! :blush:

#2. Oh Suzannah (That is the only one that I can hear in my head right now.)

#5. The Coast to Coast Challenge! I will be attempting the second leg of my adventure in two weeks at the Disneyland Half Marathon! :mickey:

DisneyDINK
08-19-2012, 10:53 PM

Captain Cooks at the Polynesian Resort

Correct

DisneyDINK
08-19-2012, 10:55 PM
A lot of trivia has happened while I was away. It took forever to read them all! :blush:

#2. Oh Suzannah (That is the only one that I can hear in my head right now.)

That's one of them. The other is Camptown Races.

#5. The Coast to Coast Challenge! I will be attempting the second leg of my adventure in two weeks at the Disneyland Half Marathon! :mickey:

Correct, and good luck on the half!

DisneyDINK
08-19-2012, 10:58 PM
#4 and $6 still out there...

Elias1901
08-23-2012, 05:03 AM

I believe the answers to this one are both the Tune-In Lounge and High Octane Refreshments at the Studio Catering Company.

DisneyDINK
08-24-2012, 10:30 AM
I believe the answers to this one are both the Tune-In Lounge and High Octane Refreshments at the Studio Catering Company.

Correct!

#6 is a bit obscure, so here's the answer:

The song "Mickey Mouse" was written and recorded by Sparks and released on the Angst in my Pants album back in 1982. Sparks was one of the bands who performed at Disneyland Grad Night in 1984.

How about a new set of questions?

Main Street Jim
08-24-2012, 03:58 PM
Heights:

1) How tall is the lift hill (from the floor) at Space Mountain?

2) How tall is the biggest drop on Space Mountain?

3) Put the following in order from shortest to tallest: Big Thunder Mountain (tallest peak), Space Mountain, Cinderella Castle, Expedition: Everest, Tower of Terror

4) What is the height above sea level of Main Street USA's train station?

5) What is the "grade" of the Walt Disney World Railroad between the (new) Fantasyland station and Main Street USA?

6) How tall is the top of Spaceship Earth?

That's about all I can think of for "Height" questions right now....

Zawadi
08-24-2012, 05:54 PM
4) What is the height above sea level of Main Street USA's train station?

108ft. I'm sure that this has been up before.

Zawadi
08-27-2012, 02:04 PM
90ft

Zawadi
08-27-2012, 02:14 PM
6) How tall is the top of Spaceship Earth?

180ft

jnfr2424
08-30-2012, 09:21 PM
Heights:
3) Put the following in order from shortest to tallest: Big Thunder Mountain (tallest peak), Space Mountain, Cinderella Castle, Expedition: Everest, Tower of Terror

Space Mountain
Cinderella's Castle
BTMRR
Tower of Terror
Expedition:Everest

Main Street Jim
09-10-2012, 08:24 PM
90ftNope :)

Any more guesses on #1, #2, and #5 before we move on?

Elias1901
09-11-2012, 02:24 AM
Heights:

No clue. I searched around and have had difficulty finding this one.

18 feet?

5) What is the "grade" of the Walt Disney World Railroad between the (new) Fantasyland station and Main Street USA?

Not 100% sure, but... 2%?

Main Street Jim
09-11-2012, 06:03 PM
No clue. I searched around and have had difficulty finding this one.
It's 77 feet from the floor to the top of the lift hill.

18 feet? Very close :) The tallest drop on both sides of Space Mountain is 23 feet. That's it :thumbsup: :coaster:

Not 100% sure, but... 2%?Correct :) The Walt Disney World Railroad tracks rise 2 feet for every 100 feet of length of track. It is indeed an uphill climb from Fantasyland to Main Street, USA. Had plenty of battles with trains on tracks right after it rained...LOL :train:

Elias1901
09-11-2012, 06:30 PM
Correct :) The Walt Disney World Railroad tracks rise 2 feet for every 100 feet of length of track. It is indeed an uphill climb from Fantasyland to Main Street, USA. Had plenty of battles with trains on tracks right after it rained...LOL :train:

I heard that the fifth engine they tried on the track couldn't even make it at all? :-o

jnfr2424
09-11-2012, 09:00 PM
Hey what about #3?

Main Street Jim
09-11-2012, 10:12 PM
I heard that the fifth engine they tried on the track couldn't even make it at all? :-oWell...actually, we never "officially" had a fifth engine. We did *purchase* five locomotives originally, but the "original" fifth one was so badly rusted, it literally fell apart as they attempted to remove it from where it stood (on a pedestal in a park in Mexico). They did end up keeping *some* parts, but sold the rest for scrap.

Then, years later, we acquired "another" "fifth" engine (early 1980s). This one, however, never even made a run around the park; it was too small to pull the heavier coaches than what Disneyland has.

Hey what about #3? #3 was answered correctly - by you :)

Space Mountain - 180'
Cinderella's Castle - 183'
BTMRR - 197'
Tower of Terror - 199'
Expedition:Everest - 199 1/2'. <--- Why is it "only" 199 1/2' and not an even 200'? ;)

Elias1901
09-11-2012, 10:38 PM
Well...actually, we never "officially" had a fifth engine. We did *purchase* five locomotives originally, but the "original" fifth one was so badly rusted, it literally fell apart as they attempted to remove it from where it stood (on a pedestal in a park in Mexico). They did end up keeping *some* parts, but sold the rest for scrap.

Then, years later, we acquired "another" "fifth" engine (early 1980s). This one, however, never even made a run around the park; it was too small to pull the heavier coaches than what Disneyland has.

Very informative! :mickey:

Zawadi
09-14-2012, 02:44 AM
Space Mountain - 180'
Cinderella's Castle - 183'
BTMRR - 197'
Tower of Terror - 199'
Expedition:Everest - 199 1/2'. <--- Why is it "only" 199 1/2' and not an even 200'? ;)

Any structure 200ft+ would require aircraft warning lights.

Elias1901
09-14-2012, 03:04 AM
Haha, that's interesting enough!

Zawadi
09-20-2012, 09:29 AM
A few questions on things I have seen around the parks on my current trip.

On which attraction can you find "The Knickerbocker Hotel"?
What colour is the hand gliders suit on Soarin'?
On Spaceship Earth,in the family TV moon landing scene there is a pile of vinyl music albums next to the radiogram. The album of which artist is on display?
Which creature, that can be found in AK is called Frasier, and where can you find him?
In the line for Nemo & Friends, what is the number on the Lifeguard Tower?
Disney has a lot of attractions that use omnimovers. Can you name them?
How many Friendship boats are there?

Elias1901
09-20-2012, 12:45 PM
On which attraction can you find "The Knickerbocker Hotel"?

Gosh, I don't know... umm, maybe the Great Movie Ride? Perhaps it is Superstar Limo?

What colour is the hand gliders suit on Soarin'?

I don't know what this is? "Suit"?

Which creature, that can be found in AK is called Frasier, and where can you find him?

Frasier the Gray-Crowned Crane found at Flights of Wonder?

Disney has a lot of attractions that use omnimovers. Can you name them?

Assuming these are just the United States parks... Haunted Mansion(s), Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin/Astro Blasters, The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure, Seas with Nemo & Friends, and Journey into Imagination with Figment... not sure if there's more?

Zawadi
09-21-2012, 06:28 AM
Gosh, I don't know... umm, maybe the Great Movie Ride? Perhaps it is Superstar Limo?

Great Movie Ride is correct. It's on your right just before the train leaves the boarding area.

I don't know what this is? "Suit"?

The person flying the hang glider that swoops in front of you by the waterfall is wearing what colour coveralls?

Frasier the Gray-Crowned Crane found at Flights of Wonder?

Correct

Assuming these are just the United States parks... Haunted Mansion(s), Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin/Astro Blasters, The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure, Seas with Nemo & Friends, and Journey into Imagination with Figment... not sure if there's more?

Just asking about WDW. There's one missing.

Elias1901
09-21-2012, 06:42 AM
The person flying the hang glider that swoops in front of you by the waterfall is wearing what colour coveralls?

Ohh... I always thought the person to be wearing yellowish-orange coveralls. Unless my memory is way wrong. :secret:

Just asking about WDW. There's one missing.

Spaceship Earth? Always forget to list that one!

Zawadi
09-27-2012, 05:03 PM
Ohh... I always thought the person to be wearing yellowish-orange coveralls. Unless my memory is way wrong. :secret:

Spaceship Earth? Always forget to list that one!

Both are correct.

That just leaves:

Number of Friendship Boats?

Number on the Lifeguard station at the start of the line in Epcot's Nemo ride?

Elias1901
09-27-2012, 09:10 PM
Number on the Lifeguard station at the start of the line in Epcot's Nemo ride?

I know this is probably wrong, but... A113? :confused:

DisneyDINK
09-28-2012, 10:13 AM
how many friendship boats are there?

8?

Elias1901
09-28-2012, 11:40 AM
8?

I was scowering for the answer to this and came up with the same answer as well.

Zawadi
10-01-2012, 10:48 AM
8?

I was scowering for the answer to this and came up with the same answer as well.

Correct - There are indeed 8 Friendship boats

Zawadi
10-01-2012, 10:52 AM
I know this is probably wrong, but... A113? :confused:

No, as you thought, that's not right. It is a small number, followed by a letter. Does anyone want another guess before I reveal the answer?

Zawadi
10-01-2012, 11:04 AM
This question is still outstanding. Does anybody want to guess before I reveal the answer?

On Spaceship Earth,in the family TV moon landing scene there is a pile of vinyl music albums next to the radiogram. The album of which artist is on display?

Clue - A group with worldwide fame, active in the 1960's, reported to be the best selling band in history.

Elias1901
10-01-2012, 03:09 PM
This question is still outstanding. Does anybody want to guess before I reveal the answer?

Clue - A group with worldwide fame, active in the 1960's, reported to be the best selling band in history.

Don't know the tower number... but I'll guess "The Beatles" for this question anyhow.

Zawadi
10-04-2012, 02:52 PM
Don't know the tower number... but I'll guess "The Beatles" for this question anyhow.

The Beatles is correct for the Apollo landing scene in Spaceship Earth

The Lifeguard Tower is numbered 5A.

Elias1901
10-04-2012, 05:01 PM

I have a few questions of my own left unanswered in the other Disney Trivia thread if you or any of ya'll would like to tackle them. That, or I could repost the unanswered questions in this thread, if that is preferred.

Zawadi
10-16-2012, 04:28 PM
It has been too quiet on here :)

1) What is the name of Donald Duck's sister?

2) Who succeeded Walt in voicing Mickey Mouse?

3) What was the first animal to be born at the Animal Kingdom in 1998?

4) On what date did Dame Judy Dench take over narrating Spaceship Earth?

5) The Legend of the Lion King replaced which attraction?

Elias1901
10-16-2012, 09:03 PM
1) What is the name of Donald Duck's sister?

Della Thelma Duck/Dumbella Duck.

2) Who succeeded Walt in voicing Mickey Mouse?

Jimmy MacDonald.

An Elephant?

4) On what date did Dame Judy Dench take over narrating Spaceship Earth?

February 15, 2008, officially. However, soft openings started in December of 2007.

5) The Legend of the Lion King replaced which attraction?

The Mickey Mouse Revue.

Zawadi
10-19-2012, 11:14 AM
Disney Connoisseur has got all but question 3 correct.

Elias1901
10-19-2012, 12:12 PM

Errr... a zebra?

Zawadi
10-21-2012, 04:03 PM
I'll reveal the answer...

The 1st birth at the AK was a kudu.

Next set of questions please :D

Elias1901
10-21-2012, 04:37 PM
The 1st birth at the AK was a kudu.

Haha. I don't even know what a kudu is!

Zawadi
10-26-2012, 02:37 PM
1) Walt was born in a house on Tripp Avenue in Chicago. Can you give the two numbers for the house (what it was when Walt was born and what it is now)?

2) Walt only attended 1 year at High School. What job did he do upon leaving?

3) What was said to be Walt's favourite (Disney) movie?

4) Who is credited with assembling the montage sequence at the end of the Great Movie Ride?

5) Where, in WDW, can you hear the song "Two Brothers" (Irving Gordon, 1951)? And for a bonus who sings it?

Elias1901
10-26-2012, 05:17 PM
5) Where, in WDW, can you hear the song "Two Brothers" (Irving Gordon, 1951)? And for a bonus who sings it?

The American Adventure.

chellbell
10-26-2012, 07:27 PM

Bambi?

Elias1901
10-26-2012, 08:07 PM
Bambi?

Was thinking maybe that or Fantasia... possibly Snow White. But my first instinct was Fantasia.

Zawadi
10-27-2012, 04:38 AM

The American Adventure.

It's sung during the scene of the family split by the two brothers fighting on opposite sides in the Civil War.

Do you know the name of the singer?

Zawadi
10-27-2012, 04:43 AM

Bambi?

Was thinking maybe that or Fantasia... possibly Snow White. But my first instinct was Fantasia.

Hmmm. You are both right yet both wrong :confused:

Neither is the answer that I'm looking for. Do you want another go?

Elias1901
10-27-2012, 03:26 PM
[I][COLOR="Blue"]Do you want another go?

It can't be Pinocchio... can it?

Zawadi
10-27-2012, 04:09 PM
It can't be Pinocchio... can it?

Again, at one time, this would have been the right answer, but is not what I'm looking for. :confused:

Do you want another go?

Elias1901
10-27-2012, 10:43 PM
Again, at one time, this would have been the right answer, but is not what I'm looking for. :confused:

Do you want another go?

Peter Pan?

Zawadi
10-28-2012, 06:13 AM

Peter Pan?

In order to prevent you from listing every movie, I'll give the answer...

Walt always looked forward. As a result his favourite movie was the one that he was working on at that time.

Hence, each of your answers was correct at a point in time but it was also not the answer that I was looking for.

-------------

Remaining questions:

1) Walt was born in a house on Tripp Avenue in Chicago. Can you give the two numbers for the house (what it was when Walt was born and what it is now)?

4) Who is credited with assembling the montage sequence at the end of the Great Movie Ride?

Elias1901
10-28-2012, 10:00 AM
[I][COLOR="Blue"]In order to prevent you from listing every movie, I'll give the answer...

Walt always looked forward. As a result his favourite movie was the one that he was working on at that time.

Hence, each of your answers was correct at a point in time but it was also not the answer that I was looking for.

Now this I've heard before. However, my mind wasn't thinking to say that. I was picking one solid movie as my answer. I recall an extra on the Bluray Fantasia/Fantasia 2000 release saying that it was one of Walt's favorites. I think it was because of it being such a risk in filmmaking... or something to that affect. But now that I hear your answer, it all makes sense! :)

2156 N. Tripp Avenue (formerly 1249 Tripp Avenue).

Zawadi
10-28-2012, 01:13 PM

2156 N. Tripp Avenue (formerly 1249 Tripp Avenue).

Elias1901
10-29-2012, 01:07 AM

News Butcher.

Zawadi
10-29-2012, 04:23 PM

News Butcher.

Walt's first job was indeed as a news boy.

However, the question did ask for this job after dropping out of High School (aged 16)

Elias1901
10-29-2012, 06:11 PM

Walt's first job was indeed as a news boy.

However, the question did ask for this job after dropping out of High School (aged 16)

Yes, I knew Walt was a newsie in his boyhood. But I thought he was a news butcher aboard trains, after high school. He would serve and cater to passengers riding by bringing them newspapers or candies, peanuts, snacks, etc.

Zawadi
10-30-2012, 03:40 PM
Yes, I knew Walt was a newsie in his boyhood. But I thought he was a news butcher aboard trains, after high school. He would serve and cater to passengers riding by bringing them newspapers or candies, peanuts, snacks, etc.

Indeed he did. In fact, he had to borrow the money to setup the train franchise from his brother Roy.

However, it was not his first job after dropping out of High School in 1917 after the first year.

Elias1901
10-31-2012, 02:19 PM
Indeed he did. In fact, he had to borrow the money to setup the train franchise from his brother Roy.

However, it was not his first job after dropping out of High School in 1917 after the first year.

I heard he tried to get a job sweeping floors at a studio... but that's probably later on when he went to Hollywood.

Zawadi
10-31-2012, 03:50 PM
I heard he tried to get a job sweeping floors at a studio... but that's probably later on when he went to Hollywood.

Sorry, that's not what I'm looking for. I'm after Walt's job as he was too young to enlist.

The following questions are still outstanding.

Cheshire_Girl
10-31-2012, 06:16 PM
Sorry, that's not what I'm looking for. I'm after Walt's job as he was too young to enlist.

The following questions are still outstanding.

I believe he sold candy/magazines on the trains that ran between KC and Chicago?

Elias1901
10-31-2012, 06:34 PM

Ahh... okay, now everything makes sense. I believe you are referring to the military. I didn't think to count Walt's desire to try and get accepted into U.S. Military as an actual "job", per-say.

Walt was too young to enter the military so he did a little forgery on the paperwork to get in. :secret:

Main Street Jim
11-01-2012, 09:34 PM
Walt Disney was never in the military :)

He was, however, accepted into a Red Cross ambulance unit in France, and went home like a month later :)

Elias1901
11-01-2012, 11:07 PM

He was, however, accepted into a Red Cross ambulance unit in France, and went home like a month later :)

Haha. Well this is what I was referring to, I think.

Main Street Jim
11-02-2012, 12:32 PM
I haven't seen the answer to Walt's favorite movie.

I believe it was So Dear to My Heart. Either that, or Mary Poppins. I do know that Walt's favorite (movie) song was "Feed the Birds (Tuppence a Bag)" from the Sherman Brothers.

**Edit*: Never mind; I saw Zawadi's answer...LOL...

Main Street Jim
11-02-2012, 12:49 PM
1) Name the characters' names in Carousel of Progress (the current show).

2) What four holidays - in order - are represented in Carousel of Progress (the current show)?

3) What three countries are the "World Grand Prix" races held in, in Cars 2?

4) True or false: Five live steam trains once existed at Disney's Ft. Wilderness campground.

5) Who are your four "hosts" for Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room?

6) How can you find "Cinderella's horse" on Prince Charming's Regal Carrousel?

7) What was the last live-action feature film that Walt Disney personally oversaw?

8) At which Disney theme park attraction would you find "a net full of Jell-O" (Annette Funicello)?

9) What are the "unofficial" names of the three "Hitch-hiking Ghosts" in the Haunted Mansion? Which one is which?

10) Name the four different types of Main Street antique vehicles (the horse-drawn trolley is NOT one of them :) ).

Zawadi
11-02-2012, 02:21 PM
Welcome back MainStreetJim :mickey:

The Red Cross was the answer that I was looking for.

The answer to the final question is the Academy Award winning film maker Chuck Workman is credited as assembling the Great Movie Ride's montage film sequence.

Now on with MainStreetJim's questions...

Elias1901
11-02-2012, 02:26 PM
1) Name the characters' names in Carousel of Progress (the current show).

Father: John
Mother: Sarah
Daughter: Patricia or "Patty"
Son: James, "Jim" or "Jimmy"
Dog: Rover
Cousin: Orville
Grandfather: (not mentioned)
Grandmother: (not mentioned)

2) What four holidays - in order - are represented in Carousel of Progress (the current show)?

1. Springtime
2. 4th of July
3. Halloween
4. Christmas

3) What three countries are the "World Grand Prix" races held in, in Cars 2?

1. Tokyo, Japan
2. London/Paris, Europe
3. Porto Corsa, Italy

4) True or false: Five live steam trains once existed at Disney's Ft. Wilderness campground.

True.

5) Who are your four "hosts" for Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room?

Jose, Michael, Pierre & Fritz.

6) How can you find "Cinderella's horse" on Prince Charming's Regal Carrousel?

Head to the second row and look for the horse with the purple flowers in its mane and the golden bow on its tail.

7) What was the last live-action feature film that Walt Disney personally oversaw?

The Happiest Millionaire, released in 1967.

8) At which Disney theme park attraction would you find "a net full of Jell-O" (Annette Funicello)?

Muppet*Vision 3D.

9) What are the "unofficial" names of the three "Hitch-hiking Ghosts" in the Haunted Mansion? Which one is which?

Ezra, Phineas & Gus.

10) Name the four different types of Main Street antique vehicles (the horse-drawn trolley is NOT one of them :) ).

1. Fire Engine
2. Omnibus
3. Jitneys
4. Paddy Wagon
5. Dream Vehicle <-- ALSO!!

Zawadi
11-02-2012, 02:37 PM

Gus (Prisoner)
Ezra (Skeleton)
Phineas (Traveler)

Main Street Jim
11-02-2012, 04:18 PM
OK, looks like I screwed up the Cars 2 question, as I forgot about London :/ Big *duh* on my part, but, yes, you got all *four* races correct.

Zawadi got the three ghosts (I was also looking for which one is which :thumbsup: ).

One incorrect on the four holidays at Carousel of Progress.

The Ft. Wilderness Campground only had FOUR trains; not five :)

And, one incorrect on the Main Street vehicles :) The "Dream Vehicle" doesn't count - it's used for parades only, so I consider it a parade vehicle/float :)

The rest of 'em are correct :)

Zawadi
11-02-2012, 06:00 PM

Valentine's Day
4th of July
Halloween
Christmas

Elias1901
11-02-2012, 06:06 PM

Gus (Prisoner)
Ezra (Skeleton)
Phineas (Traveler)

Ahh... missed the 2nd portion of that question.

Zawadi
11-09-2012, 03:37 PM
Does anybody have any more questions?

Elias1901
11-09-2012, 06:47 PM
The Ft. Wilderness Campground only had FOUR trains; not five :)

This question is interesting to me. I didn't even know they had locomotives there until I researched it. Are there any pictures or videos of them around the internet? I'd love to take a look at them.

Main Street Jim
11-15-2012, 10:41 PM
This question is interesting to me. I didn't even know they had locomotives there until I researched it. Are there any pictures or videos of them around the internet? I'd love to take a look at them.

http://www.fwrr.info/

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Main Street Jim
11-15-2012, 11:06 PM
Does anybody have any more questions?1) What is the "official" name of the main Maintenance building for Attractions at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom?

2) For Disneyland's 50th Anniversary in 2005, what was done to each attraction that was also open on Opening Day in 1955?

3) What were the names of the "elves" that appeared in EPCOT's "Tapestry of Dreams" parade from 2001-2003?
a) Dreamfinders
b) Dreamseekers
c) Dreamweavers
d) a & b
e) b & c

4) In Walt Disney World's opening year, the Monorails traveled in which direction<s>?

5) What two items have appeared in every Disney-Pixar animated film since Toy Story in 1995?

6) In what real-life U.S. city can you find Carl and Ellie's house from the Disney-Pixar feature, Up?

7) In what other Disney animated feature will you find Mrs. Potts and Chip?

8) Which of the four Walt Disney World Railroad steam trains was "born" in the same month and year as Mickey and Minnie Mouse?

9) What Mattel-brand toys made appearances or were mentioned in Disney-Pixar's Toy Story 2?

10) What three attractions debuted in the 1959 "remodel" of Disneyland's Tomorrowland?

Elias1901
11-16-2012, 04:02 AM
2) For Disneyland's 50th Anniversary in 2005, what was done to each attraction that was also open on Opening Day in 1955?

Golden Ride Vehicles.

3) What were the names of the "elves" that appeared in EPCOT's "Tapestry of Dreams" parade from 2001-2003?
a) Dreamfinders
b) Dreamseekers
c) Dreamweavers
d) a & b
e) b & c

I think Dreamseekers is defiantly one of them that I remember hearing in the soundtrack. And I don't think Dreamfinders is one of them considering who Dream Finder is. So I will go with the last answer you offered: e) b & c.

4) In Walt Disney World's opening year, the Monorails traveled in which direction<s>?

Reverse of present day? Not sure on this one, actually. But I think that sounds familiar. Although I always wondered if they could go both directions, depending on what way they wanted to go that day. Even the monorail toys have direction changers. So, I'm defiantly not 100% on this one!!

5) What two items have appeared in every Disney-Pixar animated film since Toy Story in 1995?

The Luxo Jr. Ball?

6) In what real-life U.S. city can you find Carl and Ellie's house from the Disney-Pixar feature, Up?

13215 S. 5390 West in Harriman, Utah

Tarzan.

9) What Mattel-brand toys made appearances or were mentioned in Disney-Pixar's Toy Story 2?

There could be more. But I know Rex mentioned he was "from Mattel" and I think Barbie is too.

Zawadi
11-16-2012, 01:43 PM

Beauty and the Beast

Zawadi
11-16-2012, 02:22 PM
5) What two items have appeared in every Disney-Pixar animated film since Toy Story in 1995
The label A113 eg car license plates, CDA in monsters inc

Pizza Planet truck but don't believe it's in The Incredibles

Zawadi
11-16-2012, 02:27 PM

Counter clockwise (MK -> GF -> TTC).
I'm going by a previous question of yours as resort and express monorails went in the same direction and raced

Elias1901
11-17-2012, 06:35 AM

Ah. Didn't catch the 2 items part. That makes my other answer sound wayyyy out to lunch now. I'd guess the A113 numbers as well and I also recall the Pizza Planet Truck in every movie. Considering there was one carved out of wood in Brave. :D

squad51
11-17-2012, 01:20 PM
Not an item but John rattzenburg (cliff claven) has been in every movie sense toy story.

Elias1901
11-17-2012, 03:08 PM
Not an item but John rattzenburg (cliff claven) has been in every movie sense toy story.

That I do know for a fact as well. It is just the 2 specific items that somewhat stump me. I have guesses on what they may be, but I'm not positive.

Main Street Jim
11-17-2012, 07:57 PM
Still need #8 and #10 :)

8) Which of the four Walt Disney World Railroad steam trains was "born" in the same month and year as Mickey and Minnie Mouse?

10) What three attractions debuted in the 1959 "remodel" of Disneyland's Tomorrowland?

Main Street Jim
11-17-2012, 09:08 PM
...and this one:

What is the "official" name of the main Maintenance building for Attractions at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom?

Elias1901
11-18-2012, 03:12 AM

Roy O. Disney?

Zawadi
11-18-2012, 09:21 AM

#1 Walter E. Disney 1925
#2 Lilly Belle 1928
#3 Roger E. Broggie 1925
#4 Roy O. Disney 1916

Since Mickey was 84 yesterday the answer is #2 Lilly Belle.

Does anybody know when the Lilly Belle is due back from "the spa"?

Zawadi
11-18-2012, 09:51 AM
1) What is the "official" name of the main Maintenance building for Attractions at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom?

The Production Center on Caribbean Way (between Splash Mtn & PotC). Saw this on a Keys to the Kingdom tour

Main Street Jim
11-18-2012, 10:00 AM
The Production Center on Caribbean Way (between Splash Mtn & PotC). Saw this on a Keys to the Kingdom tourNope :) That's the "Entertainment" building that houses the parade floats. I'm looking for another building :)

Main Street Jim
11-18-2012, 10:02 AM
Does anybody know when the Lilly Belle is due back from "the spa"?Looks like Lilly is out for quite some time. She's been gone now almost two years, and the problems are more serious than originally thought :( She was my favorite locomotive...the one I learned on.

Zawadi
11-18-2012, 11:05 AM
1) What is the "official" name of the main Maintenance building for Attractions at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom?

The Production Center on Caribbean Way (between Splash Mtn & PotC). Saw this on a Keys to the Kingdom tour

Nope :) That's the "Entertainment" building that houses the parade floats. I'm looking for another building :)

Hmmm. In that case I'll try the Central Shops located next to the Roundhouse

Zawadi
11-18-2012, 11:12 AM

Disneyland Monorail
Submarine Voyage
Matterhorn

Main Street Jim
11-18-2012, 11:21 AM
Hmmm. In that case I'll try the Central Shops located next to the RoundhouseCorrect! That's where attraction vehicles are maintained, signs painted, and all kinds of other magic performed :)

On the Monorail question: both Monorails originally traveled clockwise (MK -> Contemporary -> Poly -> MK). The Express Monorail was changed when it was discovered that Pilots would actually "drag race" each other, and blow through the hotel stops :) Management made a change *very* quickly :)

The Tapestry of Dreams parade had the Dreamweavers and Dream seekers :)

For the Disney-Pixar items, I was looking for the Pizza Planet truck and the Pixar ball (yellow, blue and red with a star). The license plate (A113?) I'm not sure if it appears in *every* Disney-Pixar film...if it does...then that's one I missed :)

Who's next?

Zawadi
11-18-2012, 04:37 PM
1) Which WDW opening day attraction was removed in 1980 to open again in Tokoyo until 2009?

2) Why is the WDWRR rolling stock that is used in the MK's opening ceremony not normally used for the transportation of guests? (MainStreetJim you are forbidden from answering this :D)

3) How many animals are carved in the Tree of Life?

4) In Club Cool, my favourite drink, Beverley is from which country?

5) Who provides the voice over for Rod Serling in the Tower of Terror?

6) What song was used in the Carousel of Progress at WDW between 1975 and 1993?

7) What is the IQ of (Stupid) Judy?

8) Who hosted the NBC Grand Opening of WDW in 1971?

9) Which two actors voiced Donald Duck in Mickey's PhilharMagic?

10) What type of aircraft is N234MM and when was it withdrawn from service?

Main Street Jim
11-18-2012, 05:48 PM
1) Which WDW opening day attraction was removed in 1980 to open again in Tokoyo until 2009? Mickey Mouse Revue. The theater also hosted Magic Journeys and Legend of the Lion King, and currently hosts Mickey's PhilHarmagic.

2) Why is the WDWRR rolling stock that is used in the MK's opening ceremony not normally used for the transportation of guests? (MainStreetJim you are forbidden from answering this :D)If no one else knows...LOL...PM me :D

3) How many animals are carved in the Tree of Life?326.

4) In Club Cool, my favourite drink, Beverley is from which country?Italy.

6) What song was used in the Carousel of Progress at WDW between 1975 and 1993?"Now is the Time".

8) Who hosted the NBC Grand Opening of WDW in 1971?Glen Campbell, Bob Hope, Julie Andrews, Jonathan Winters, Buddy Hackett

10) What type of aircraft is N234MM and when was it withdrawn from service?Well, honestly, I don't know what *type* of aircraft it is, but I know where it sits and what it was used for :)

Elias1901
11-18-2012, 09:53 PM
5) Who provides the voice over for Rod Serling in the Tower of Terror?

Mark Silverman.

7) What is the IQ of (Stupid) Judy?

According to Judy, it would be: 210.

9) Which two actors voiced Donald Duck in Mickey's PhilharMagic?

Tony Anselmo & Clarence "Duckie" Nash.

Zawadi
11-19-2012, 04:34 AM
Wow! That was fast with correct answers as well :mickey:

I wasn't telling lies about Beverley being my favourite dink in Club Cool. I've received some strange looks after knocking back the 5th/6th consecutive shot.

So, still outstanding are:

2) Why is the WDWRR rolling stock that is used in the MK's opening ceremony not normally used for the transportation of guests?
(Thanks for being a sport MainStreetJim. If nobody answers within a couple of days then fell free to jump in)

10) What type (manufacturer & model) of aircraft is N234MM and when was it withdrawn from service?

Elias1901
11-19-2012, 05:23 AM
2) Why is the WDWRR rolling stock that is used in the MK's opening ceremony not normally used for the transportation of guests?

Well... they do have to fit many characters on the train for opening and I'd assume that the regular passenger cars wouldn't have enough space to accommodate them (also so the characters can step off the train on the reverse side, facing the Mickey floral and Entrance Plaza).

Zawadi
11-19-2012, 07:08 AM

so the characters can step off the train on the reverse side, facing the Mickey floral and Entrance Plaza.

This is what I was after. It takes around 2 hours to fit the safety rails on the non-platform side. I believe that these carriages are normally associated with the No. 2 - Lilly Belle.

Anything else you can add MainStreetJim?

Now, all that remains is:

10) What type (manufacturer & model) of aircraft is N234MM and when was it withdrawn from service?