PDA

View Full Version : Disney Trivia (Expert Edition)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

elorac
04-11-2010, 09:52 AM
The WDWRR surrounds all but which attraction?

Space Mountain?

Zawadi
04-11-2010, 11:08 AM
Space Mountain?

Yes, that's right. There was not enough space to build it inside the loop of the railroad.

Zawadi
04-19-2010, 04:42 PM
:bump:
One question has been answered. Any takers for the others?

2. What is the guest capacity of each WDWRR train?
3. True or False - WDWRR was the first attraction to be completed at MK?
4. On Disney's Magic Behind Our Steam Trains Tour, guests are given a souvenir. What was it originally? What was it changed to? and why?
5. Which two Disney scheduled events suspend the WDWRR service?

Joannelet
04-19-2010, 08:14 PM
One question has been answered. Any takers for the others?

2. What is the guest capacity of each WDWRR train?

Is it 73 people per car...there are 5 cars so approx 365 people? I believe there are also 2 wheelchair spots as well.....

Joannelet
04-19-2010, 08:19 PM
35. Which two Disney scheduled events suspend the WDWRR service?

K, I'm guessing here but is it the fireworks and the parade?

Joannelet
04-19-2010, 08:37 PM
:4. On Disney's Magic Behind Our Steam Trains Tour, guests are given a souvenir. What was it originally? What was it changed to? and why?

originally it was actually a spike from the railroad. It was changed to a pin because after 9/11 :(, airport security started to confiscate the spikes....

Joannelet
04-19-2010, 08:44 PM
3. True or False - WDWRR was the first attraction to be completed at MK?

True

Zawadi
04-20-2010, 07:51 AM
K, I'm guessing here but is it the fireworks and the parade?

Correct. After the fireworks, CMs have to walk the entire length of the track.

Zawadi
04-20-2010, 07:51 AM
True

Correct. WDWRR was indeed the first attraction to be completed at MK

Zawadi
04-20-2010, 07:52 AM
originally it was actually a spike from the railroad. It was changed to a pin because after 9/11 :(, airport security started to confiscate the spikes....

Today, guest are given a special pin.

Zawadi
04-20-2010, 01:23 PM
Is it 73 people per car...there are 5 cars so approx 365 people? I believe there are also 2 wheelchair spots as well.....

Close enough :)
My source quoted 360 guests in each of the 5 cars plus space for 2 wheelchairs.

Next set of questions please.

Joannelet
04-20-2010, 09:23 PM
1. What was the last ride that Walt Disney was involved with designing?

2. Originally what did Walt want the Hall of Presidents to be called?

3. In Walt's words who did he say Fantasyland is dedicated to?

4. Who is the voice of B'rer rabbit in Walt Disney World version of Splash Moutain?

5. What in Disneyland California is a sign to let you know that Walt is still looking over the park...that he is still "home."

Zawadi
04-22-2010, 11:53 AM
1. What was the last ride that Walt Disney was involved with designing?

Pirates of the Carribean

Joannelet
04-24-2010, 09:25 PM
Pirates of the Carribean

Correct!!!
Number 1 is answered!

Zawadi
04-25-2010, 06:37 AM
3. In Walt's words who did he say Fantasyland is dedicated to?

Fantasyland is dedicated to the young at heart and to those who believe that when you wish upon a star, your dreams come true.

Zawadi
04-25-2010, 07:16 AM
4. Who is the voice of B'rer rabbit in Walt Disney World version of Splash Moutain?

Pee Wee Herman

The Flying Dutchman
04-25-2010, 08:20 AM
5. What in Disneyland California is a sign to let you know that Walt is still looking over the park...that he is still "home."

Light on in his office

Joannelet
04-25-2010, 10:31 AM
Pee Wee Herman

No :) Sorry :(

Joannelet
04-25-2010, 10:32 AM
Light on in his office

yes the light is on but that is actually his apartment. Not his office :)
You are correct!! :) You can see his light on every night in the window of his apartment above the fire dept. :) Its a reminder that he is still home :)

Joannelet
04-25-2010, 10:33 AM
Fantasyland is dedicated to the young at heart and to those who believe that when you wish upon a star, your dreams come true.

This is correct!! :)

Joannelet
04-25-2010, 10:34 AM
Number 2 and 4 are still open!! :)

Zawadi
04-25-2010, 10:39 AM

In that case I'll try Jess Harnell

Joannelet
04-25-2010, 10:43 AM
In that case I'll try Jess Harnell

yes that is correct!!!! So number 2 is open!!

green ranger
04-25-2010, 09:36 PM

Is the answer...One Nation Under God

Joannelet
04-27-2010, 08:36 PM

Is the answer...One Nation Under God

Wooohoooohoooo!!! Green Ranger you are fab! :) LOL YOU GOT IT RIGHT! :)

Someone needs to post the next set of questions!!!!! :)

Zawadi
05-02-2010, 04:50 PM
Here's a mixed bag of trivia questions to try:

Which man made item now forms a reef at the bottom of Seven Seas Lagoon?
In the Animal Kingdom, the Oasis Gardens were originally going to be called something else. What?
The iconic Fender Stratocaster guitar outside Rock 'N' Roller is how many times bigger than a normal guitar?
What is the wingspan (in feet) of Fantasmic's Maleficent Dragon?
Which company originally planned to operate both the Contemporary and Polynesian Resorts?

Zawadi
05-10-2010, 05:05 PM

In the Animal Kingdom, the Oasis Gardens were originally going to be called something else. What?
The iconic Fender Stratocaster guitar outside Rock 'N' Roller is how many times bigger than a normal guitar?
Which company originally planned to operate both the Contemporary and Polynesian Resorts?

Any takers?

Goofster
05-19-2010, 03:14 PM

The Wave Machine? Or the Surfer's wave Machine, something like that.

Zawadi
05-20-2010, 08:55 AM
The Wave Machine? Or the Surfer's wave Machine, something like that.

Correct :mickey:
The wave machine was so powerful that it eroded the beach at the Polynesian resort

Joannelet
05-23-2010, 11:00 AM

I honestly didn't think any was originally planned to operate except Disney but I am going to take a guess and say Hilton?
I know they used a Hilton hotel to train Disney employees but I didn't think that Hilton was a choice but maybe I am wrong.....

Joannelet
05-23-2010, 11:06 AM

I saw 2 different answers for this...one said 32 feet and the other said 50 feet. That is a huge difference :) but I don't know which one is correct or what source you took from :) Or it could be one was from the Disneyland show and the other could have been Disneyworld...not sure....

Zawadi
05-25-2010, 05:22 AM
I saw 2 different answers for this...one said 32 feet and the other said 50 feet. That is a huge difference :) but I don't know which one is correct or what source you took from :) Or it could be one was from the Disneyland show and the other could have been Disneyworld...not sure....

My source quoted 50ft :mickey:

Questions 2, 3 & 5 are still open

BTW with you being a former CM in the AK, I hoped you would know the answer to #2 :)

Zawadi
05-25-2010, 06:55 PM
I honestly didn't think any was originally planned to operate except Disney but I am going to take a guess and say Hilton?
I know they used a Hilton hotel to train Disney employees but I didn't think that Hilton was a choice but maybe I am wrong.....

Sorry, I missed this answer.
Unfortunately it was not Hilton.
Hint - Look to the builder

Joannelet
05-26-2010, 05:24 PM

Genesis Gardens :)
I didn't see this question. Sorry! LOL

Zawadi
05-27-2010, 09:06 AM
Genesis Gardens :)
I didn't see this question. Sorry! LOL

The name Oasis came about due the potential religious connotations associated with the word Genesis

The remaining questions are:

3. The iconic Fender Stratocaster guitar outside Rock 'N' Roller is how many times bigger than a normal guitar?

5. Which company originally planned to operate both the Contemporary and Polynesian Resorts?

Joannelet
05-31-2010, 08:30 AM
The one on the poly and the contemporary I cannot get at all...
I know it was designed by Welton Becket is that it? or the US steel realty group?

Joannelet
05-31-2010, 07:50 PM

I think you are looking for the entire thing but this is all i could find...
It has a 32-foot-long neck which is nearly 15 times the size of the neck on an average stratocaster guitar

Zawadi
06-03-2010, 03:49 AM
The one on the poly and the contemporary I cannot get at all...
I know it was designed by Welton Becket is that it? or the US steel realty group?

US Steel was indeed what I was after :mickey:

Zawadi
06-03-2010, 03:53 AM
I think you are looking for the entire thing but this is all i could find...
It has a 32-foot-long neck which is nearly 15 times the size of the neck on an average stratocaster guitar

:congrats:
15x was the answer

Time for the next set of question(s)...

Joannelet
06-04-2010, 03:11 PM
Here are some!! Enjoy!

1) Why was Cinderella's Royal Table originally called King Stefan's Banquet Hall?

2) When did the name change? (What year?)

3) How many grandchildren does Roy E. Disney have?

4) Who was the designer in Disneyland who is responsible for all the Main Street vehicles, the Matterhorn Boblsleds, the original monorail, and Casey, Jr.?

5) Most water towers have four legs. How many does the iconic water tower at the Walt Disney Studios Lot have? And how much extra did it cost to have those extra legs?

Zawadi
06-04-2010, 05:29 PM
Here are some!! Enjoy!

1) Why was Cinderella's Royal Table originally called King Stefan's Banquet Hall?

King Stefan was Sleeping Beauty's father. Restaurant in Sleeping Beauty Castle Disneyland called King Stefan's Banquet Hall.
When opened in WDW, Florida, confusion why Sleeping Beauty's father's restaurant was inside Cinderella's Castle.

Original restaurant closed in April 1997 and reopened as Cinderella's Royal Table

Zawadi
06-04-2010, 05:34 PM
3) How many grandchildren does Roy E. Disney have?

Roy E. Disney was survived by 16 grandchildren at the time of his death in Dec. 2009.

Joannelet
06-07-2010, 08:21 PM
King Stefan was Sleeping Beauty's father. Restaurant in Sleeping Beauty Castle Disneyland called King Stefan's Banquet Hall.
When opened in WDW, Florida, confusion why Sleeping Beauty's father's restaurant was inside Cinderella's Castle.

Original restaurant closed in April 1997 and reopened as Cinderella's Royal Table

The date is correct :) The name explanation has me a bit confused as there is no restaurant inside Sleeping Beauty's Castle at Disneyland, CA. :)
Let me know if you want to try again on that part. If you don't I will just tell you the answer :) But you are right that it did cause confusion in WDW as to why King Stefan's restaurant was in Cinderella's castle...but there was a small reason for it....(although not a smart reason but still)

Joannelet
06-07-2010, 08:22 PM
Roy E. Disney was survived by 16 grandchildren at the time of his death in Dec. 2009.

Correct!!! :)
I hope it's not taking you too long to write the answers :)

Zawadi
06-19-2010, 08:47 AM
5) Most water towers have four legs. How many does the iconic water tower at the Walt Disney Studios Lot have? And how much extra did it cost to have those extra legs?

The Earful Tower has 5 legs.
No idea about the cost :confused:

Zawadi
06-19-2010, 08:55 AM
4) Who was the designer in Disneyland who is responsible for all the Main Street vehicles, the Matterhorn Boblsleds, the original monorail, and Casey, Jr.?

Arrow Development founded by Bill Hardiman, Angus Anderson, Karl Bacon, and Ed Morgan in 1946

Zawadi
06-29-2010, 05:03 PM

Change of answer - from the images it looked like 5 legs. However, just found some info that suggests that Roy Disney insisted on 6 legs for the WDW tower and the total cost was $300,000. Cannot find the delta cost which you asked for :confused:

Zawadi
06-29-2010, 05:17 PM

The date is correct :) The name explanation has me a bit confused as there is no restaurant inside Sleeping Beauty's Castle at Disneyland, CA. :)
Let me know if you want to try again on that part. If you don't I will just tell you the answer :) But you are right that it did cause confusion in WDW as to why King Stefan's restaurant was in Cinderella's castle...but there was a small reason for it....(although not a smart reason but still)

Ok, I'll have another go with the reason....

Walt Disney Imagineers had wanted to give the restaurant a regal name, and since there were no well-known characters from "Cinderella" that met their criteria, they instead took a little dramatic license and chose the name of Sleeping Beauty's father King Stefan.

Joannelet
06-30-2010, 08:43 PM
Ok, I'll have another go with the reason....

Walt Disney Imagineers had wanted to give the restaurant a regal name, and since there were no well-known characters from "Cinderella" that met their criteria, they instead took a little dramatic license and chose the name of Sleeping Beauty's father King Stefan.

CORRECT!! Good Job!! Are you a D23 member? The answer was in the latest mag :)

Joannelet
06-30-2010, 08:48 PM
Change of answer - from the images it looked like 5 legs. However, just found some info that suggests that Roy Disney insisted on 6 legs for the WDW tower and the total cost was $300,000. Cannot find the delta cost which you asked for :confused:

Correct!! :) Roy O. Disney spent an extra $3,000 dollars to give his tower 6 :)

Joannelet
06-30-2010, 09:21 PM
Arrow Development founded by Bill Hardiman, Angus Anderson, Karl Bacon, and Ed Morgan in 1946

No but here is some more info...it's one person :) and he is a designer who joined WED straight out of the transportation design program at Art Center College of Design. He also insisted on driving the first example of each of his creations from the Studio down to DIsneyland himself (if it was street legal :)

Zawadi
07-01-2010, 12:00 PM
No but here is some more info...it's one person :) and he is a designer who joined WED straight out of the transportation design program at Art Center College of Design. He also insisted on driving the first example of each of his creations from the Studio down to DIsneyland himself (if it was street legal :)

In that case I'll try Bob Gurr

Bob Gurr: "If it moves on wheels at Disneyland, I probably designed it."

Joannelet
07-02-2010, 08:55 PM
In that case I'll try Bob Gurr

wooohoooo!! That is correct!! :) I think that was all of them right? On to the next set! :)

Zawadi
07-03-2010, 07:34 AM
At last! They were tough :D

Which character has had two, non-overlapping, stage shows each in a different park?
A two part question...

In the late 1990's what was displayed in front of the Chinese Theatre (where the Sorcerer Mickey Hat is now)?
Where is that exhibit displayed now?

What was the last show staged in the now vacant Backlot Theatre?
Who provided the voice for your rookie StarSpeeder3000 pilot?
What 2 things have been removed from the Beauty and the Beast show?

Joannelet
07-03-2010, 08:39 AM
A two part question...
[INDENT][LIST=a]
In the late 1990's what was displayed in front of the Chinese Theatre (where the Sorcerer Mickey Hat is now)?
Where is that exhibit displayed now?
?

K, I am going to guess at this....was it kiosks where you can see artifacts from Walt Disney's life and now they are on display in Walt Disney One Man's Dream?

Zawadi
07-03-2010, 08:53 AM
K, I am going to guess at this....was it kiosks where you can see artifacts from Walt Disney's life and now they are on display in Walt Disney One Man's Dream?

Good guess but no :(
HINT: I'm looking for a prop from a movie.

Joannelet
07-03-2010, 09:06 AM
What 2 things have been removed from the Beauty and the Beast show?
I think one of them is the ballroom scene with beauty and the beast and I think the other thing that changed is the order of the songs?
They know follow the exact order as in the movie.....

Zawadi
07-03-2010, 09:27 AM
I think one of them is the ballroom scene with beauty and the beast and I think the other thing that changed is the order of the songs?
They know follow the exact order as in the movie.....

Good guesses but I'm looking for things that are no longer part of the show (not just a scene change or a sequence change)

Joannelet
07-03-2010, 11:55 AM
These are hard!! :) I will have to keep looking :)

badkitty
07-03-2010, 08:12 PM
Hi folks! I'm late to the game so I can I join in the fun? I made it through all the posts and I hope you don't mind me pointing out a common misconception made earlier in the game and adding a bit of trivia.

[QUOTE=I would have accepted the late Vincent Price who provided the original voice for "Your Ghost Host". Corey Burton's voice is very similar to that of Vincent Price./QUOTE]

The actual original "Ghost Host" is the late Paul Frees and you can hear him in Disneyland and WDW. I absolutely adore Paul Frees' talent and have been a fan for years. You might also recognize his voice in the POC, most notably the auctioneer. Vincent Price, I believe, only recorded the original narration for the Phantom Manor in Paris which was later replaced.

As a side note, Corey Burton performs the role of the "Ghost Host" for the Disneyland Holiday overlay.

So, on to my guesses for the current list of questions:

4. Who provided the voice for your rookie StarSpeeder3000 pilot? Paul Reubens (aka PeeWee Herman)
5. What 2 things have been removed from the Beauty and the Beast show? The doves and the "Four For a Dollar" preshow?

Zawadi
07-03-2010, 08:29 PM
Hi folks! I'm late to the game so I can I join in the fun? I made it through all the posts and I hope you don't mind me pointing out a common misconception made earlier in the game and adding a bit of trivia.

[QUOTE=I would have accepted the late Vincent Price who provided the original voice for "Your Ghost Host". Corey Burton's voice is very similar to that of Vincent Price./QUOTE]

The actual original "Ghost Host" is the late Paul Frees and you can hear him in Disneyland and WDW. I absolutely adore Paul Frees' talent and have been a fan for years. You might also recognize his voice in the POC, most notably the auctioneer. Vincent Price, I believe, only recorded the original narration for the Phantom Manor in Paris which was later replaced.

As a side note, Corey Burton performs the role of the "Ghost Host" for the Disneyland Holiday overlay.

So, on to my guesses for the current list of questions:

4. Who provided the voice for your rookie StarSpeeder3000 pilot? Paul Reubens (aka PeeWee Herman)
5. What 2 things have been removed from the Beauty and the Beast show? The doves and the "Four For a Dollar" preshow?

:welcome: to the game badkitty

Your answers to questions #4 & #5 are correct :)

I must admit that I've not heard of Paul Frees (I'm going to have to read up). I can see that you are a worthy addition to the game :D

Joannelet
07-03-2010, 09:34 PM
What was the last show staged in the now vacant Backlot Theatre?

First I will like to say welcome BadKitty to the game! :)

For an answer I am going to say Hunchback of Notre Dame?

Zawadi
07-04-2010, 08:05 AM
For an answer I am going to say Hunchback of Notre Dame?

That's right.

That just leaves question 1 and the 2 parts of question 2 to be answered.

badkitty
07-04-2010, 07:28 PM
Thanks so much for the warm welcome! This is a cool game. :thumbsup: Okay, I'm going to take a shot at #1:

Which character has had two, non-overlapping, stage shows each in a different park?

I thought and thought about this and my guess is Pocahontas. She opened "Spirit of Pocahontas" in Disneyland (and I think Disney/MGM as well although I only saw it in Disneyland) in 1995. If I got this right, I think Hunchback replaced Pocahontas in 1996 and "Pocahontas and Friends" opened in AK sometime in 1998. The AK show is also closed now.

Still working on #2. I can't remember what was there before the hat except a grassy area...

marlyn
07-04-2010, 08:06 PM

Is it the courtyard of stars?

Zawadi
07-05-2010, 03:47 AM

I thought and thought about this and my guess is Pocahontas. She opened "Spirit of Pocahontas" in Disneyland (and I think Disney/MGM as well although I only saw it in Disneyland) in 1995. If I got this right, I think Hunchback replaced Pocahontas in 1996 and "Pocahontas and Friends" opened in AK sometime in 1998. The AK show is also closed now.

Correct :)
"Spirit of Pocahontas" was staged in the Backlot Theatre and as you said it was replaced by the Hunchback show

Zawadi
07-05-2010, 04:02 AM
Is it the courtyard of stars?

Sorry :(

2. A two part question...
a) In the late 1990's what was displayed in front of the Chinese Theatre (where the Sorcerer Mickey Hat is now)?

b) Where is that exhibit displayed now?

I'm looking for a large prop from a movie released in the late 1990's

Skippy
07-05-2010, 08:35 AM
2a - Was it a prop from George of the Jungle?

Zawadi
07-05-2010, 10:03 AM
Another new participant - welcome!

2a - Was it a prop from George of the Jungle?

Sorry - not that film/movie :(

Joannelet
07-05-2010, 12:34 PM
a) In the late 1990's what was displayed in front of the Chinese Theatre (where the Sorcerer Mickey Hat is now)?

I'm looking for a large prop from a movie released in the late 1990's

Is it a movie that was re-done or a brand new movie?

I'm like badkitty and just remember a grassy area. I cannot find my old MGM park maps.

badkitty
07-05-2010, 12:41 PM
I'm trying to remember all the large props that are displayed on the backlot tour near the car/stunt show. Was something that is now back there placed in front of the theatre to advertise the movie? Would this be the answer to part b?

Zawadi
07-05-2010, 01:25 PM

This is really tough! :blush: I think that further clues will be required.

The answers can be found by identifying the tentative link between:

Howard R Hughes Snr
John Frazier
A moderator of this forum

Joannelet
07-05-2010, 04:52 PM

This is really tough! :blush: I think that further clues will be required.

The answers can be found by identifying the tentative link between:

Howard R Hughes Snr
John Frazier
A moderator of this forum

The movie is Armaggedon. I'm assuming it's the rock drill that they had in the movie? and it is now displayed in the backlot tour?

Zawadi
07-05-2010, 05:02 PM
The movie is Armaggedon. I'm assuming it's the rock drill that they had in the movie? and it is now displayed in the backlot tour?

Yes. The film is Armageddon.

Howard R Hughes Snr held the patent for the Rock Drill Bit. In the film this is attached to the Armadillo drill vehicle designed by John Frazier. This vehicle was on display where the Sorcerers Hat is now, but is no longer displayed at WDW.

Where is it now?

Joannelet
07-05-2010, 06:44 PM
Is it located in Mission Space?

badkitty
07-05-2010, 08:34 PM
At the Smithsonian?

Skippy
07-06-2010, 02:11 AM
20th Century Props in North Hollywood?

Zawadi
07-06-2010, 03:24 AM
Is it located in Mission Space?

At the Smithsonian?

20th Century Props in North Hollywood?

Sorry :(

It's at a Disney park somewhere, outside a ride of the same name as the film.

Joannelet
07-06-2010, 11:32 AM
Armageddon – Les Effects Speciaux

Zawadi
07-06-2010, 01:28 PM
Armageddon – Les Effects Speciaux

The reference to "A modertaor of this forum" referred to dlpmikki, who is a moderator of this (Games & Trivia) forum, where DLP = Disneyland Paris.

Here's a picture of the Armadillo drilling vehicle (http://www.flickr.com/photos/35884144@N07/4767960015/) taken at Disneyland Paris.

Who would like to get their own back or rather post the next set of questions? :D

Joannelet
07-06-2010, 02:24 PM
Does some of our new additions want to post?

badkitty
07-07-2010, 01:39 AM
How about trying these? :mickey:

1. What is considered the tallest “mountain” in Florida and approximately how tall is it?

2. What is Cinderella Castle made of?

3. What beloved treasure of Walt Disney’s can be seen on display at the Wilderness Lodge?

4. Who states “Walt Disney said that it was all started by a mouse. Here at the Walt Disney Company we know that it was started by a man” and where can you here this statement?

5. What film is the beginning of the backlot tour at DHS based on?

Zawadi
07-07-2010, 04:24 AM
Thanks for the quick posting of more questions :)

Cladding over a 600 ton steel frame

Pearl Harbour

badkitty
07-07-2010, 10:08 PM

Cladding over a 600 ton steel frame

Correct! :fworks:

Pearl Harbour

Right Answer! :high5:

Three questions to go...

Joannelet
07-07-2010, 10:31 PM

1. What is considered the tallest “mountain” in Florida and approximately how tall is it?

Expedition Everest :) It is 199.5 feet tall :)

Joannelet
07-07-2010, 10:32 PM

3. What beloved treasure of Walt Disney’s can be seen on display at the Wilderness Lodge?

[/I]

Is it his train?

Skippy
07-08-2010, 12:40 AM

By chance do you mean at Fort Wilderness, and if so are you referring to Walt Disney's calliope (http://d23.disney.go.com/articles/images/012810_NF_FEATTriCirclefeat3.jpg)

badkitty
07-08-2010, 01:27 AM
Expedition Everest :) It is 199.5 feet tall :)

Yes! :yay:

I would also have excepted Big Thunder as it is reported to be 197 feet tall and listed by Jason Surrell in "The Disney Mountains Imagineering at Its Peak" as being taller than Everest.

badkitty
07-08-2010, 01:28 AM
By chance do you mean at Fort Wilderness, and if so are you referring to Walt Disney's calliope (http://d23.disney.go.com/articles/images/012810_NF_FEATTriCirclefeat3.jpg)

Great answer, but no, I'm sorry. I did mean Wilderness Lodge...

marlyn
07-08-2010, 01:30 AM
4. Who states “Walt Disney said that it was all started by a mouse. Here at the Walt Disney Company we know that it was started by a man” and where can you here this statement?

Is it Roy Disney in One Man's Dream at the Studios? If Roy Disney is wromg, then my next guess is Julie Andrews. I'm actually leaning more towards Andrews...

badkitty
07-08-2010, 01:54 AM
Is it his train?

Why, yes it is! :woohoo:

Two cars from Walt’s prized Carolwood Pacific Railroad are on display at the Wilderness Lodge over in the Villas.

The CPRR traveled over 2100 feet of track at Walt Disney’s home on Carolwood Drive in Holmby Hills, CA from 1950-1953.

Only one question to go... :D
4. Who states “Walt Disney said that it was all started by a mouse. Here at the Walt Disney Company we know that it was started by a man” and where can you hear this statement? (With typo corrected! How embarrassing...)

badkitty
07-08-2010, 02:03 AM
Is it Roy Disney in One Man's Dream at the Studios? If Roy Disney is wromg, then my next guess is Julie Andrews. I'm actually leaning more towards Andrews...

Nice job! I'll accept Julie Andrews :thumbsup:

I was actually looking for Michael Eisner who originally hosted the movie when the exhibit opened in 2001 and made the quote in the question. I did some research though and discovered it is now narrated by Julie Andrews and the quote is changed somewhat.

Okay, that's all five. Guess these were pretty easy. Who's next?

Zawadi
07-08-2010, 10:32 AM
Okay, that's all five. Guess these were pretty easy. Who's next?

They're only easy when you know the answers! :D

As badkitty said - Who's for posting the next set?

Giggy
07-08-2010, 06:37 PM
They're only easy when you know the answers! :D

:mickey: They're definitely not easy for me! I'm not going to go back and check but I think the number of questions I've got right has so far reached the grand total of 1... maybe 2. :blush:

Zawadi
07-09-2010, 04:36 AM
:mickey: Remember that anybody can post questions once the previous set has been answered. :mickey:

So, while you are thinking are future questions here are a some more to tease you...

Within Cinderella's Castle, Drizella and Anastasia Tremaine are depiced where and in what colours?
Which company supplied the explosives for the miners in Big Thunder Mountain?
What has Mary Poppins and the Frontierland Rail Road Station got in common?

Skippy
07-09-2010, 07:55 AM
:mickey: Remember that anybody can post questions once the previous set has been answered. :mickey:

So, while you are thinking are future questions here are a some more to tease you...

Within Cinderella's Castle, Drizella and Anastasia Tremaine are depiced where and in what colours?

They are in the tile mosaic on the west wall when walking through the castle. One is red in anger and the other is green with envy.

Zawadi
07-09-2010, 11:02 AM
They are in the tile mosaic on the west wall when walking through the castle. One is red in anger and the other is green with envy.

Anastasia and Drizella are red (anger) and green (envy) respectively

1 down 2 to go...

badkitty
07-11-2010, 03:54 AM
3. What has Mary Poppins and the Frontierland Rail Road Station got in common?
[/LIST]

A wooden leg named Smith.

In Mary Poppins, Bert knows a man with a wooden leg named Smith and Uncle Albert asked the name of the other leg. (HA!) In the station house, a wooden leg with "Smith" written on it is part of the unclaimed luggage.

Zawadi
07-11-2010, 04:56 AM

In Mary Poppins, Bert knows a man with a wooden leg named Smith and Uncle Albert asked the name of the other leg. (HA!) In the station house, a wooden leg with "Smith" written on it is part of the unclaimed luggage.

A "purrfect" answer badkitty :D

That just leaves question 2.

Joannelet
07-11-2010, 07:42 AM

wait...this is different than the bench with the wooden leg named smith that is moved around frontierland? I never knew that there was unclaimed luggage too!!! Sooo neat!! This is why I love this game!! :) I was going to say the bench but then realized that it's moved often so it couldn't be by the railroad all the time :)

Joannelet
07-11-2010, 07:44 AM
Which company supplied the explosives for the miners in Big Thunder Mountain?
[/LIST]

Lytum & Hyde Explosive Company

Zawadi
07-11-2010, 08:10 AM
Lytum & Hyde Explosive Company

Yes, That's the one. :thumbsup:

Time for the next set of questions ;)

badkitty
07-12-2010, 03:30 PM
Okay, here is a set dedicated to my favorite WDW park, Animal Kingdom. Have fun!

1. In the loading area for Dinosaur!, what are the cryptic markings on the white, yellow and red utility pipes and what do they stand for?

2. What odd looking tree in the Mombasa Marketplace requires special care to produce its fruit? Bonus if you know why.:mickey:

3. What native African trees appear to be growing on the savannah but are really a type of Floridian tree and what is the trimmed FL tree?

4. What is the setting for Camp Minnie-Mickey and who is fishing by the stream?

5. What does Animal Kingdom and Star Trek have in common?

Zawadi
07-12-2010, 04:18 PM
1. In the loading area for Dinosaur!, what are the cryptic markings on the white, yellow and red utility pipes and what do they stand for?

Chemical formulae for Mayo (white), Mustard (yellow) and Ketchup (red)

P.S. AK is also my favourite park

Zawadi
07-12-2010, 04:48 PM
3. What native African trees appear to be growing on the savannah but are really a type of Floridian tree and what is the trimmed FL tree?

Florida Live Oaks are trimmed to look like Acacia trees.

Zawadi
07-12-2010, 05:00 PM

Uhuru - Swahili for freedom

Star Trek: Nyota Uhura - Communications Officer. In Star Trek VI, Uhura's name is mispelled Uhuru in the closing credits. Her first name was only revealled in the 2009 film by Spook on the transporter pad.

AK: "Uhuru 1961" engraving on a bench in Harambe

P.S. I'm also a Trekkie as well as a Disney nut :D

Joannelet
07-12-2010, 08:53 PM
4. What is the setting for Camp Minnie-Mickey and who is fishing by the stream?

][/COLOR]

ah, I have a good relationship with AK since I was a cast member there!! Glad to see there are AK lovers playing this game! :)

The setting for camp minnie mickey....this was supposed to be where beastly kingdom was but instead they made it camp minnie mickey where it is supposed to be their vacation spot :)

Goofy, Mickey and Donald can be found fishing.

badkitty
07-12-2010, 09:15 PM

Chemical formulae for Mayo (white), Mustard (yellow) and Ketchup (red)

P.S. AK is also my favourite park

Correct! :thumbsup:

badkitty
07-12-2010, 09:17 PM

Florida Live Oaks are trimmed to look like Acacia trees.

Yep! :cool: They look pretty convincing too, minus the thorns!

badkitty
07-12-2010, 09:21 PM

Uhuru - Swahili for freedom

Star Trek: Nyota Uhura - Communications Officer. In Star Trek VI, Uhura's name is mispelled Uhuru in the closing credits. Her first name was only revealled in the 2009 film by Spook on the transporter pad.

AK: "Uhuru 1961" engraving on a bench in Harambe

You are good! :yes: I thought that might stump folks for a bit.

P.S. I'm also a Trekkie as well as a Disney nut :D

I knew I liked you! :thumbsup:

badkitty
07-12-2010, 09:32 PM
ah, I have a good relationship with AK since I was a cast member there!! Glad to see there are AK lovers playing this game! :)

The setting for camp minnie mickey....this was supposed to be where beastly kingdom was but instead they made it camp minnie mickey where it is supposed to be their vacation spot :)

Goofy, Mickey and Donald can be found fishing.

Correct, ;) but I was hoping for the location in the United States that the area is designed to look like.

Joannelet
07-12-2010, 10:01 PM
sorry! :) it resembles an Adirondack summer camp

badkitty
07-13-2010, 01:10 AM
sorry! :) it resembles an Adirondack summer camp

Awesome! :party:

Who's next?

Joannelet
07-13-2010, 01:49 PM
K here are some!!!

1)The Pangani Exploration trail in AK has a Conservation School and Wildlife Sanctuary that you pass through. Who oversees the students?

2)How many outfits does Mickey Mouse have?

3) How many does Minnie Mouse have?

4)What is a unique "castle" feature at the wedding pavilion at the Grand Floridian?

5)By Tusker House is the “Pwani View Guest House" The "new owners" named it that. What was the name before they changed it?

badkitty
07-13-2010, 01:56 PM
Oops! There is actually one question unanswered from the last set:

2. What odd looking tree in the Mombasa Marketplace requires special care to produce its fruit? Bonus if you know why.

badkitty
07-13-2010, 02:07 PM
2)How many outfits does Mickey Mouse have?

3) How many does Minnie Mouse have?

According to the MK tour, (if I remember this right) Mickey has an estimated 175 costumes and Minnie is estimated at 200.

Let's start counting! HA!

Joannelet
07-13-2010, 02:28 PM
According to the MK tour, (if I remember this right) Mickey has an estimated 175 costumes and Minnie is estimated at 200.

Let's start counting! HA!

Correct! :)

A good question I should have asked is how many Mickey Mouses' are there?
And if anyone said more than one they should be disqualified :) LOL :)

Joannelet
07-13-2010, 02:29 PM
Oops! There is actually one question unanswered from the last set:

2. What odd looking tree in the Mombasa Marketplace requires special care to produce its fruit? Bonus if you know why.

Oh no...i know I use to know this and now I can't remember!!!

Zawadi
07-13-2010, 03:50 PM
2. What odd looking tree in the Mombasa Marketplace requires special care to produce its fruit? Bonus if you know why.:mickey:

Is it Kigelia africana a.k.a the sausage tree?

When pollenating by hand it must be done when the flowers open early-evening through to mid-morning because this tree is usually pollenated by fruit bats, which are not native to South Florida, during the night.

Zawadi
07-13-2010, 05:27 PM
5)By Tusker House is the “Pwani View Guest House" The "new owners" named it that. What was the name before they changed it?

Safari View Guest Lodge

The I in Safari was reused in Pwani

Zawadi
07-13-2010, 05:36 PM
1)The Pangani Exploration trail in AK has a Conservation School and Wildlife Sanctuary that you pass through. Who oversees the students?

Dr. Kulunda

Joannelet
07-13-2010, 08:38 PM
Safari View Guest Lodge

The I in Safari was reused in Pwani

Correct!!!

Joannelet
07-13-2010, 08:39 PM
Dr. Kulunda

Correct again! I had feeling you would answer the 2 that you did Zawadi!

Joannelet
07-13-2010, 08:42 PM
So 1,2,3,and 5 are answered. 4 is open!!!

Badkitty did zawadi get your open question right? I think he did....just want to make sure it gets answered.

badkitty
07-13-2010, 09:49 PM
Is it Kigelia africana a.k.a the sausage tree?

When pollenating by hand it must be done when the flowers open early-evening through to mid-morning because this tree is usually pollenated by fruit bats, which are not native to South Florida, during the night.

We have a winner! And with bonus points!! :cool:

The nickname of the sausage tree comes from its long, sausage-like fruit.

badkitty
07-13-2010, 09:51 PM
4)What is a unique "castle" feature at the wedding pavilion at the Grand Floridian?

Is it the ride in Cinderella's carriage? Or the two "framed" Castle shots?

Joannelet
07-14-2010, 09:31 AM
Is it the ride in Cinderella's carriage? Or the two "framed" Castle shots?

I'm looking for one thing with the castle...not sure what you mean by "framed castle shots"...explain a little bit.....it could be it.....

badkitty
07-14-2010, 11:24 AM
I'm looking for one thing with the castle...not sure what you mean by "framed castle shots"...explain a little bit.....it could be it.....

This is actually two so I'm not sure this is what you are looking for. The window over the altar inside the chapel "frames" the castle and there is a hedge archway outside that frames the castle making two unique photo shots.

Zawadi
07-14-2010, 12:29 PM

The window behind the altar is actually a magnifying lens to both frame and enlarge the image of Cinderella's Castle in the distance.

badkitty
07-14-2010, 01:53 PM

The window behind the altar is actually a magnifying lens to both frame and enlarge the image of Cinderella's Castle in the distance.

Ha! I didn't know that! I haven't been in the chapel but I have seen pictures of the framed castle. I didn't notice it was magnified. I will have to go look now!

Joannelet
07-15-2010, 01:21 PM

CORRECT!!! :) As the bride walks down the aisle the castle gets closer and closer.. :) (or appears too :)
It is really cool and glad I got to experience it last year as a bridesmaid in my brother in laws wedding :)

Joannelet
07-15-2010, 01:22 PM
Who wants to post the next set?

Zawadi
07-16-2010, 12:03 PM
Here are some questions about food:

1) How many restaurants have character dining?

2) Where can you find carrot cake cookies?

3) Where can you find Carrot & Ginger soup

4) They're really nice but how many calories and grams of fat are there in each Mickey Bar?

badkitty
07-16-2010, 12:21 PM
4) They're really nice but how many calories and grams of fat are there in each Mickey Bar?

a whopping 330 calories (200 calories are from fat!) and 22 grams of fat

Zawadi
07-16-2010, 12:30 PM
a whopping 330 calories (200 calories are from fat!) and 22 grams of fat

I've seen 350/360 cal and 23g of fat (1g of fiber)

They're really naughty but very nice!!!

badkitty
07-17-2010, 12:14 PM
1) How many restaurants have character dining?

Okay, I had to really think about this one. 11. Liberty Tree removed the characters so I didn't count that one and I didn't count Mickey's Backyard BBQ either since it really isn't a restaurant.

Chef Mickey's
Ohana's
1900 Park Fare
Crystal Palace
CRT
Tusker House
Garden Grill
Akershus
Hollywood & Vine
Cape May's
The Swan (can't remember the name of restaurant)

Zawadi
07-17-2010, 12:34 PM
Okay, I had to really think about this one. 11. Liberty Tree removed the characters so I didn't count that one and I didn't count Mickey's Backyard BBQ either since it really isn't a restaurant.

Chef Mickey's
Ohana's
1900 Park Fare
Crystal Palace
CRT
Tusker House
Garden Grill
Akershus
Hollywood & Vine
Cape May's
The Swan (can't remember the name of restaurant)

I agree with the above.

The Swan is the Garden Grove.

There is one more where the character would not be expected in a Michelin star restaurant.

Joannelet
07-23-2010, 07:47 PM
There is one more where the character would not be expected in a Michelin star restaurant.

le chefs de france :) LOL

Joannelet
07-23-2010, 07:48 PM

3) Where can you find Carrot & Ginger soup

Boma

Joannelet
07-23-2010, 07:50 PM

2) Where can you find carrot cake cookies?

At DHS at the writer's stop :)

Zawadi
07-24-2010, 05:26 PM
le chefs de france :) LOL

Ratatouille's gourmet rodent Remy tours the tables whilst hiding on the cheese trolley :D

Zawadi
07-24-2010, 05:28 PM
Boma

Boma's Carrot and Ginger soup is lovely, so much so that we asked for and were given the recipe

Zawadi
07-24-2010, 05:30 PM
At DHS at the writer's stop :)

The carrot cake cookies are sold here. Intend to try one in Sept.

That's all of this set of questions answered - Some more please :D

badkitty
07-24-2010, 10:53 PM
Ratatouille's gourmet rodent Remy tours the tables whilst hiding on the cheese trolley :D

Is Remy still there?

Zawadi
07-25-2010, 03:25 AM
Is Remy still there?

He was still there in March and I we've booked an ADR to see hopefully see him in September.

Zawadi
07-30-2010, 09:42 AM
Looking for a volunteer to post some more questions :)

badkitty
07-30-2010, 02:16 PM
I should be able to put something together after work today. :D

badkitty
07-31-2010, 01:41 AM
Here's a new set: :mickey:

1. Where would you find Flamingo Lagoon, Crane's Roost and Parrot's Perch?

2. What is the Crystal Palace in MK modeled after?

3. What two breeds of horses pull the trolleys down Mainstreet and where do they live?

4. How many Oscars were awarded to Walt?

5. What is the Marshmallow Marsh Excursion?

Zawadi
07-31-2010, 06:09 AM

3 places were combined to form a Victorian edifice:

Conservatory of Flowers, San Fransisco
Kew Gardens, London UK (approx 90 miles from where we live)
Crystal Place, New York

badkitty
07-31-2010, 12:45 PM

3 places were combined to form a Victorian edifice:

Conservatory of Flowers, San Fransisco
Kew Gardens, London UK (approx 90 miles from where we live)
Crystal Place, New York

Correct! :thumbsup: I knew about SF and NY but I didn't know that London's Kew Gardens was also part of the inspiration. I love it when I learn something new!

Zawadi
07-31-2010, 01:33 PM
22 wins in competitive categories. Additionally, he won three honorary Oscars and an Irving Thalberg Memorial Award.

badkitty
08-02-2010, 02:25 AM
22 wins in competitive categories. Additionally, he won three honorary Oscars and an Irving Thalberg Memorial Award.

Correct! :joy:

26 all total and over 60 nominations! Walt holds the record for the most Oscars awarded to an individual.

Zawadi
08-03-2010, 04:19 AM

A Fort Wilderness evening excursion via canoe ending up at sitting around a campfire, toasting marshmallows, singing Disney songs and watching the Electrical Water Pageant as it passed River County

This was around in the early 1980's - way before my first trip :)

Zawadi
08-03-2010, 11:33 AM
1 Where would you find Flamingo Lagoon, Crane's Roost and Parrot's Perch?

The only place that these can be found is on the September 2008 plans for "Disney's Jungle Trek" on Discovery Island a.k.a. "Bay Lake's Tropical Island Paradise", a 11.5 acre island in Bay Lake.

badkitty
08-05-2010, 12:39 AM

A Fort Wilderness evening excursion via canoe ending up at sitting around a campfire, toasting marshmallows, singing Disney songs and watching the Electrical Water Pageant as it passed River County

This was around in the early 1980's - way before my first trip :)

Correct! :D I wasn't able to enjoy it either but it sure looked like fun!

badkitty
08-05-2010, 12:54 AM
1 Where would you find Flamingo Lagoon, Crane's Roost and Parrot's Perch?

The only place that these can be found is on the September 2008 plans for "Disney's Jungle Trek" on Discovery Island a.k.a. "Bay Lake's Tropical Island Paradise", a 11.5 acre island in Bay Lake.

Partially correct. :) The location is right.

Zawadi
08-05-2010, 11:48 AM
Partially correct. :) The location is right.

Misread the article :confused:

These were attractions on Discovery Island, formerlly Treasure Island.

Parrot's Perch: The Discovery Island Bird Show

Crane's Roost: Home to the African Crowned, Sandhill and Demoiselle Crane.

Flamingo Lagoon: Caribbean Flamingos since Florida has not had native Flamingoes since 1920's

Zawadi
08-05-2010, 11:55 AM
3. What two breeds of horses pull the trolleys down Mainstreet and where do they live?

Black, grey and dapple Percherons, Belgians and Clydesdales which are stabled at the Tri-Circle-D Ranch at Fort Wilderness

badkitty
08-05-2010, 05:45 PM
Misread the article :confused:

These were attractions on Discovery Island, formerlly Treasure Island.

Parrot's Perch: The Discovery Island Bird Show

Crane's Roost: Home to the African Crowned, Sandhill and Demoiselle Crane.

Flamingo Lagoon: Caribbean Flamingos since Florida has not had native Flamingoes since 1920's

Correct! :thumbsup: I saw these for the last time when I was there in the early 90's.

badkitty
08-05-2010, 05:57 PM

Black, grey and dapple Percherons, Belgians and Clydesdales which are stabled at the Tri-Circle-D Ranch at Fort Wilderness

Great! :D I've seen the Percherons and Belgians pulling the trolleys but I haven't see the Clydesdales. Cool! The Percherons are my favorites.

Okay, that should be all five. Next set?

Zawadi
08-06-2010, 04:24 AM
:mickey: EPCoT bound for the next set of questions :mickey:

1. Who used what to design the ride mechanism for Soarin'?

2. What were the two 3-D films to be shown before "Honey, I Shrunk the Audience"? Bonus if you can provide the run dates to nearest year :)

3. What inspired the design of the female Cast Members' costumes at Impressions de France?

4. What is the total horse power, generated by the motors, of a Test Track vehicle?

5. "Universe of Energy" has how many ride vehicles and what is the guest capacity of each?

Good luck :D

badkitty
08-06-2010, 02:05 PM
1. Who used what to design the ride mechanism for Soarin'?

I believe it is Mark Sumner and his Erector Set. (Watching Disney Channel "Imaginear That!" pays off! :D)

Zawadi
08-06-2010, 02:27 PM
I believe it is Mark Sumner and his Erector Set. (Watching Disney Channel "Imaginear That!" pays off! :D)

Yep, that's the man. He brought his 40 year old set out from the attic. In the UK, we call it Meccano.

Now, where did I put my set?

Joannelet
08-06-2010, 09:58 PM
:mickey: EPCoT bound for the next set of questions :mickey:

2. What were the two 3-D films to be shown before "Honey, I Shrunk the Audience"? Bonus if you can provide the run dates to nearest year :)

Good luck :D

Captain EO 1986-1994

and magic journeys was the other one 1982-1986

Joannelet
08-06-2010, 10:12 PM
3. What inspired the design of the female Cast Members' costumes at Impressions de France?

female Cast Members’ costumes at Impressions de France film are taken from painter Edouard Manet’s painting A Bar at the Folies-Bergere.

Joannelet
08-06-2010, 10:15 PM
4. What is the total horse power, generated by the motors, of a Test Track vehicle?

250 horse power?

Joannelet
08-06-2010, 10:21 PM
5. "Universe of Energy" has how many ride vehicles and what is the guest capacity of each?

two sets of 6 (12 total) theater style seating....
Vehicle capacity is 100

Zawadi
08-07-2010, 04:25 AM
Captain EO 1986-1994

and magic journeys was the other one 1982-1986

Corect with bonus points :number1:

Zawadi
08-07-2010, 04:26 AM
female Cast Members’ costumes at Impressions de France film are taken from painter Edouard Manet’s painting A Bar at the Folies-Bergere.

:thumbsup: Correct again

Zawadi
08-07-2010, 04:27 AM
250 horse power?

:mickey: Correct again

Zawadi
08-07-2010, 04:33 AM
two sets of 6 (12 total) theater style seating....
Vehicle capacity is 100

Joannelet, you are back with a vengeance :D

My reference book "The Imagineeing Field Guide To EPCoT" stated that Theatre 1's seating seperates into 6, 97-passenger vehicles.

OKAY - that set was short lived

More questions please :mickey:

Joannelet
08-07-2010, 04:13 PM
LOL I'm mad I missed the whole set of other questions. I've been M.I.A! :) I'm back lol

badkitty
08-07-2010, 10:55 PM
LOL I'm mad I missed the whole set of other questions. I've been M.I.A! :) I'm back lol

We missed you! Glad you're back!:D

Zawadi
08-14-2010, 08:39 AM
A whole week without trivia! :crying:

Has anybody got any questions?

badkitty
08-14-2010, 08:31 PM
I know! It was a busy work week. Let me pull a list together. Stay tuned!

badkitty
08-16-2010, 03:24 AM
Here's a new list!

1. How many bears perform at the "Country Bear Jamboree"?

2. What attractions can be found at Disneyland but not at WDW's Magic Kingdom?

3. What attractions can be found at WDW's Magic Kingdom but not at Disneyland?

4. In TSMM, what are the ViewMaster reels show?

5. Who has a window displayed at the WDW MK Mainstreet RR station? Bonus point is you know what it says.

Skippy
08-16-2010, 07:36 AM
Here's a new list!
5. Who has a window displayed at the WDW MK Mainstreet RR station? Bonus point is you know what it says.

Keeping Dreams on Track

Walter E. Disney
Chief Engineer

Zawadi
08-16-2010, 08:47 AM
Good (hard) questions badkitty

2 come to mind...

Matterhorn
Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Forbidden Eye

Zawadi
08-16-2010, 08:58 AM
1. How many bears perform at the "Country Bear Jamboree"?

19 bears:

Henry
Liver Lips McGrowl
Wendell
Teddi Barra
Ernest
Terrence (aka Shaker)
Trixie
Big Al
The Sun Bonnet Trio (Bunny, Bubbles & Beulah)
Gomer
The Five Bear Rugs (Zeke, Zeb, Ted, Fred & Tennessee) plus Baby Oscar
Rufus (heard but is always backstage)

Joannelet
08-16-2010, 09:27 AM
Here's a new list!

2. I am going to add to Zawadi's answers and also include Mr. Toads Wild Ride, the Nemo ride, New Orleans Square (I know its not an attraction but a "land", Alice in Wonderland ride, Pinnochio, Storybook boat ride, the circus train ride (sorry I am drawing a blank on names.....)

Joannelet
08-16-2010, 09:34 AM
2. Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln (oh and the train ride is Casey Jr. Circus Train and the Storybook Land Canal Boats :)
I tried editing my previous post and it wouldn't let me....

Joannelet
08-16-2010, 09:45 AM

Hall of Presidents, Magic Carpets of Alladin, Philharmagic, Country Bear Jamboree, Cinderella's castle :) Goofy's Barnstormer, Peter Pan

Joannelet
08-16-2010, 09:53 AM

Just remembered more!! Sorry! :)
Starcade, Sleeping Beauty Castle, Sailing Ship Columbia, Roger Rabbits CarToon Spin, Main Street Vehicles (WDW doesn't do this anymore!), Main Street Cinema (I dont think that is in WDW anymore :(), Goofy's Playhouse, Gadgets Go Coaster, Davy Crocket's Explorer Canoes, Chip N Dale Treehouse- I think we got them all now :)

Zawadi
08-16-2010, 01:01 PM
4. In TSMM, what are the ViewMaster reels show?

The "new" Tomorrowland including the Mary Blair murals

Zawadi
08-16-2010, 01:07 PM
Main Street Vehicles (WDW doesn't do this anymore)

Is this true? I've not seen them for a while and just thought that is was due to us visiting WDW during off-peak times

badkitty
08-16-2010, 02:52 PM
Keeping Dreams on Track

Walter E. Disney
Chief Engineer

Correct! :thumbsup:

badkitty
08-16-2010, 02:54 PM
Good (hard) questions badkitty

2 come to mind...

Matterhorn
Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Forbidden Eye

Thank you! These are two of them. Looks like Joannelet added a bunch more. :D

badkitty
08-16-2010, 02:58 PM
Just remembered more!! Sorry! :)
Starcade, Sleeping Beauty Castle, Sailing Ship Columbia, Roger Rabbits CarToon Spin, Main Street Vehicles (WDW doesn't do this anymore!), Main Street Cinema (I dont think that is in WDW anymore :(), Goofy's Playhouse, Gadgets Go Coaster, Davy Crocket's Explorer Canoes, Chip N Dale Treehouse- I think we got them all now :)

Great job! :mickey: I'm thinking of a couple more. Let's see if anyone can identify them and I will double check if they are still in operation.

badkitty
08-16-2010, 02:59 PM
Hall of Presidents, Magic Carpets of Alladin, Philharmagic, Country Bear Jamboree, Cinderella's castle :) Goofy's Barnstormer, Peter Pan

Nice job! :cool: Peter Pan though is at DL. Still a couple more to go to complete the list...

Zawadi
08-16-2010, 03:49 PM

Some more:

Monster's Inc Laughter Floor

Stitch's Great Escape

TTA

Zawadi
08-16-2010, 03:57 PM

Some more...

Big Thunder Ranch
Captain EO
Disney Princess Fantasy Faire

These two difference questions are tough! :D

Joannelet
08-16-2010, 06:59 PM
Is this true? I've not seen them for a while and just thought that is was due to us visiting WDW during off-peak times

No I read that it's because MK in Florida has a much narrower Main Street and MORE people on it than it's DIsneyland counterpart. I'm not sure if the narrower part is true but I do know that the busier part is :) I haven't seen MK in Florida do this in YEARS!!!! :( I was sooo happy when I walked through DL and everything was going on!! :) It brought me back to my childhood :)

Skippy
08-17-2010, 03:26 AM
The more people I could believe, recently I did see one of the fire engines running in MK, however the family was the one who had opened the park (rode in on the train) so it's possible they were just for that family.

I miss the Trolley's running up and down, too. Now they're just out for the morning shows and then off to the barn they go.

Zawadi
08-20-2010, 07:54 AM
So badkitty how well have we done on on the park differences and Country Bear questions as it looks like that we're "answered out"?

badkitty
08-20-2010, 11:15 PM
19 bears:

Henry
Liver Lips McGrowl
Wendell
Teddi Barra
Ernest
Terrence (aka Shaker)
Trixie
Big Al
The Sun Bonnet Trio (Bunny, Bubbles & Beulah)
Gomer
The Five Bear Rugs (Zeke, Zeb, Ted, Fred & Tennessee) plus Baby Oscar
Rufus (heard but is always backstage)

Perfect! :D Nice touch adding Rufus. Backstage talent is just as important as on-stage!

badkitty
08-20-2010, 11:40 PM
So badkitty how well have we done on on the park differences and Country Bear questions as it looks like that we're "answered out"?

There are a few more at Disneyland and a few that are in both parks but have different names. Any other guesses?

Zawadi
08-21-2010, 07:53 AM
There are a few more at Disneyland and a few that are in both parks but have different names. Any other guesses?

What a task master :)

The following repeats some of the previous answers but here goes ...

In Disneyland but not in WDW MK:

Alice in Wonderland
Big Thunder Ranch
Captain EO
Casey Jr Circus Train
Chip 'n Dale Treehouse
Davy Crocketts Explorer Canoes
The Disney Gallery
The Disneyland Story presenting Great Moments with Mr Lincoln
Disney Princess Fantasy Faire
Disneyland Monorail
Fantasmic
Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage
Gadgets Go Coaster
Goofy's Playhouse
Indiana Jones Adventure
Innovations
Main Street Cinema
Matterhorn Bobsleds
Pixie Hollow - Tinker Bell & her fairy friends
Playhouse Disney - live on stage
Roger Rabbit's cartoon spin
Sailing ship Columbia
Starcade
Star Tours
Storybook Canal Boats

In WDW MK but not in Disneyland:

Country Bear Jamboree
Mickey's PhilharMagic
Stitch's Great Escape
The Barnstormer at Goofy's Wiseacre Farm
The Hall of Presidents
The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
Tomorrowland Transit Authority People Mover
Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress

In both Disneyland and WDW MK but under different names:

Key: DLR name --> WDW MK name
Autopia --> Tomorrowland Speedway
Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters --> Buzz Lightyear's space ranger spin
Disneyland Railroad --> Walt Disney World Railroad
Enchanted Tiki Rooms --> The Enchanted Tiki Rooms - under new management
Frontier Shootin' Exposition --> Frontierland Shootin' Arcade
King Arthur Carrousel --> Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
Mark Twain Riverboat --> Liberty Square Riverboat
Mickey's house and Meet Mickey --> Mickey's Country house
Minnie's house --> Minnie's Country House
Pirate's Lair on Tom Sawyer Island --> Tom Sawyer Island
Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough --> Cinderella's Castle
Tarzan's Treehouse --> Swiss Family Treehouse

Zawadi
08-21-2010, 10:51 AM
Oops - I missed the following in Disneyland but not in WDW MK and I'm too late to edit the previous post :blush:

Mr Toad's Wild Ride
Piocchio's Daring Journey

badkitty
08-21-2010, 12:13 PM
Too funny Zawadi! Your lists look great. (It was Star Tours, Fantasmic!, Monorail (since it is inside the park] and Innovations that I thought was missing. Plus, DL has the Golden Horseshoe and WDW MK has the Diamond Horseshoe - not really an attraction except at DL since there is still a show but I thought it would fun to mention.)

Great work everyone! Who's next??

Zawadi
08-21-2010, 01:51 PM
Badkitty, I'm not sure if you missed the answer for your "TSMM Viewmaster" question.

In the meantime here are some more teasers about Disney Studios for all you Disney nuts :)

1. Where are the 2 places that the Dockside Diner is advertised?

2. Within Tower of Terror how many elevator shafts are accessible to Disney guests?

3. What is the license plate on each of Rock 'n' Rollers "limos"?

4. When was Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular first performed?

5. When did "4 for a Dollar" last perform?

badkitty
08-22-2010, 04:17 AM
Badkitty, I'm not sure if you missed the answer for your "TSMM Viewmaster" question.

Oops. I did miss it. Sorry. "Tomorrowland" is one of them but there is one more on display in Andy's room.

badkitty
08-22-2010, 04:31 AM
2. Within Tower of Terror how many elevator shafts are accessible to Disney guests?

Tricky. :mickey: Four entry doors but only two shafts at WDW.

badkitty
08-22-2010, 04:37 AM
5. When did "4 for a Dollar" last perform?

It was a sad day in September 2008. I was in Orlando and saw one of their last performances. It is noted that September 20, 2008 was the last day to hear their fabulous blend of harmony at Disney-MGM. So talented. Such a shame.

Joannelet
08-22-2010, 08:39 AM
3. What is the license plate on each of Rock 'n' Rollers "limos"?

There are different license plates on each limo and each limo plays a different song...
I have only been on UGOBABE and 2FAST4U :)

1QKLIMO: "Nine Lives"
UGOBABE: "Love in an Elevator" & "Walk This Way" (Formally UGOGIRL Pre-2004 Refurbishment)
BUHBYE: "Young Lust", "F.I.N.E.*" & "Love in an Elevator"
H8TRFFC: "Back in the Saddle" & "Dude (Looks Like a Lady)"
2FAST4U: "Sweet Emotion"(live)

Joannelet
08-22-2010, 08:41 AM
4. When was Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular first performed?

August 25th 1989

Zawadi
08-22-2010, 04:47 PM
Tricky. :mickey: Four entry doors but only two shafts at WDW.

Yes, there are 4 entry doors for the pre-show shafts which merge into the 2 main drop shafts.

So that 6 shafts so far but that's not all! Do you want to have another go?

Zawadi
08-22-2010, 04:47 PM
There are different license plates on each limo and each limo plays a different song...
I have only been on UGOBABE and 2FAST4U :)

1QKLIMO: "Nine Lives"
UGOBABE: "Love in an Elevator" & "Walk This Way" (Formally UGOGIRL Pre-2004 Refurbishment)
BUHBYE: "Young Lust", "F.I.N.E.*" & "Love in an Elevator"
H8TRFFC: "Back in the Saddle" & "Dude (Looks Like a Lady)"
2FAST4U: "Sweet Emotion"(live)

Spot on! :mickey:

Zawadi
08-22-2010, 04:52 PM
It was a sad day in September 2008. I was in Orlando and saw one of their last performances. It is noted that September 20, 2008 was the last day to hear their fabulous blend of harmony at Disney-MGM. So talented. Such a shame.

A sad day indeed. It was the day that we flew to WDW from the UK so unfortunately we missed them :(

Zawadi
08-22-2010, 04:56 PM
August 25th 1989

Yes the Indiana show did make it 's debut then. It comes of age in 3 days time.

Questions 1 & 2 are still open .

badkitty
08-23-2010, 01:30 AM
Yes, there are 4 entry doors for the pre-show shafts which merge into the 2 main drop shafts.

So that 6 shafts so far but that's not all! Do you want to have another go?

Ah, I see where you are going. Two additional shafts for the exit, so eight?

Zawadi
08-23-2010, 04:06 AM
Ah, I see where you are going. Two additional shafts for the exit, so eight?

I hadn't counted the 2 exit areas as guests do not travel vertically in that area. Now that would be spooky to travel the path from the exit area back to the loading area in the dark :scared:

The question is still open (a hint is available on request ;))

badkitty
08-23-2010, 04:32 PM
I hadn't counted the 2 exit areas as guests do not travel vertically in that area. Now that would be spooky to travel the path from the exit area back to the loading area in the dark :scared:

The question is still open (a hint is available on request ;))

Okay, this is hard. No hints yet though. :D Besides the four loading pre-show elevators and the two show elevators (and not counting the exit elevators), is there an escape elevator for those weak at heart exiting at the loading area, so seven?

Zawadi
08-23-2010, 04:35 PM
Okay, this is hard. No hints yet though. :D Besides the four loading pre-show elevators and the two show elevators (and not counting the exit elevators), is there an escape elevator for those weak at heart exiting at the loading area, so seven?

The 7th was the chicken lift (elevator)

That just leaves question 1

badkitty
08-25-2010, 05:00 PM
1. Where are the 2 places that the Dockside Diner is advertised?

I think one of the places is in the alley where you catch the limo for RNRC.

Zawadi
08-26-2010, 11:45 AM
I think one of the places is in the alley where you catch the limo for RNRC.

Both adverts are in close proximity to the diner

badkitty
08-26-2010, 04:04 PM
Both adverts are in close proximity to the diner

Boy, I'm stumped. I'm trying to think of places that would support ads so it must be a wall somewhere? I just can't place where...

Zawadi
08-26-2010, 04:24 PM
Boy, I'm stumped. I'm trying to think of places that would support ads so it must be a wall somewhere? I just can't place where...

As at most restaurants, the name is advertised over the entrance and on the menu boards outside. In the case of the Dockside Diner, the entrance is located through the side of SS Down the Hatch, moored in Echo Lake.

There is a further non textual advertisement. Where?

Zawadi
08-30-2010, 07:08 AM
I think that I'll have to give the answer to question 1 away... :blush:

Above "SS Down The Hatch" is a row of alternating flags and penants which was one of the first ways that ship crews communicated with each other. The flags are letters, the penants are numbers.

When looking at these flags with your back to the Indiana Jones stage the flags, from left to right, spell out "DOCKSIDE DINER".

Who has some more questions to post?

badkitty
08-30-2010, 10:06 PM
I think that I'll have to give the answer to question 1 away... :blush:

Above "SS Down The Hatch" is a row of alternating flags and penants which was one of the first ways that ship crews communicated with each other. The flags are letters, the penants are numbers.

When looking at these flags with your back to the Indiana Jones stage the flags, from left to right, spell out "DOCKSIDE DINER".

Who has some more questions to post?

That was a hard one! Very nice. I will have to look for that!

Here are a couple new ones:

1. What do the movies The Lion King and Hercules have in common?

2. How many "princesses" appear in Enchanted?

3. How many "brides" are for sale at the POC auction?

4. Where might you see a mountain and a mansion?

Zawadi
08-31-2010, 05:08 AM

From the Liberty Bell Riverboat since it passes both the Haunted Mansion and Big Thunder Mountain

badkitty
08-31-2010, 08:08 PM

From the Liberty Bell Riverboat since it passes both the Haunted Mansion and Big Thunder Mountain

Good answer! :thumbsup: There is another place I was thinking about, too. Any thoughts?

Zawadi
09-01-2010, 07:24 AM

4 roped together
The red-head
However, there is another woman up the steps to the red-head's left but I'm not sure if she's part of the auction

So my answer is 5 (possibly 6)

PS: I think that you've got me on the alternative location for seeing a mountain and mansion :confused:

badkitty
09-02-2010, 12:08 AM

4 roped together
The red-head
However, there is another woman up the steps to the red-head's left but I'm not sure if she's part of the auction

So my answer is 5 (possibly 6)

6 is correct. ;) The woman on the steps is the one actually being auctioned by the auctioneer (voiced by Paul Frees :cool:) while the pirates call out for "the red-head". The remaining four are waiting in different displays of emotion.

PS: I think that you've got me on the alternative location for seeing a mountain and mansion :confused:

Let's see if anyone else wants to answer and if not, I will give you a hint. :secret:

Zawadi
09-02-2010, 11:20 AM

Scar
Hercules dons a wrap made from a lion skin with Scar's head.

Zazu was almost correct when he said to Mufassa "He'd make a very nice rug and when he gets dirty you can take him out and beat him!" :)

"The Lion King" is my favourite Disney animation

Zawadi
09-06-2010, 01:00 PM

Here comes a total guess having not seen the film...

2 - Giselle & Rapunzel

badkitty
09-06-2010, 01:18 PM

Scar
Hercules dons a wrap made from a lion skin with Scar's head.

Zazu was almost correct when he said to Mufassa "He'd make a very nice rug and when he gets dirty you can take him out and beat him!" :)

"The Lion King" is my favourite Disney animation

Correct! I suppose there may be other connections but this is what I was thinking of. :thumbsup:

badkitty
09-06-2010, 01:21 PM

Here comes a total guess having not seen the film...

2 - Giselle & Rapunzel

This is a tricky question. You might have to see the movie. I can give a hint?

Zawadi
09-06-2010, 03:21 PM

Possibly found some more - there is an annimation sequence at the beginning that includes Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella & Snow White

Zawadi
09-12-2010, 07:21 AM
badkitty, are we any closer with the answer with questions 2 and 4?

If not then some hints will be required :confused:

Joannelet
09-12-2010, 06:04 PM
That was a hard one! Very nice. I will have to look for that!

Here are a couple new ones:

14. Where might you see a mountain and a mansion?

The TTA? You can see Space Mountain and the castle (if that is considered a mansion)

badkitty
09-13-2010, 11:45 PM
The TTA? You can see Space Mountain and the castle (if that is considered a mansion)

Creative answer! I was considering Thunder Mountain as the mountain and the Haunted Mansion.

Hint: I was thinking as a place that is suspended.

badkitty
09-13-2010, 11:48 PM
badkitty, are we any closer with the answer with questions 2 and 4?

If not then some hints will be required :confused:

Here is a hint for the Princess question.

Although you may not recognize their faces, you will know their voices.

Zawadi
09-14-2010, 01:15 PM
Creative answer! I was considering Thunder Mountain as the mountain and the Haunted Mansion.

Hint: I was thinking as a place that is suspended.

Skyway?

Zawadi
09-14-2010, 02:05 PM
Here is a hint for the Princess question.

Although you may not recognize their faces, you will know their voices.

Are you looking for the following?

Paige O'Hara as Angela, a soap opera character. O'Hara provided the speaking and singing voice of Belle in Beauty and the Beast.

Jodi Benson as Sam, Robert's secretary. Benson provided the speaking and singing voice of Ariel in The Little Mermaid as well as the voices of the various Barbie dolls in Toy Story 2 and Toy Story 3.

Judy Kuhn as Pregnant Woman with Kids. Kuhn provided the singing voice of the title character in Pocahontas and its sequel.

Julie Andrews as Narrator. Andrews played the title character in Mary Poppins as well as appearing in The Princess Diaries series as Queen Clarisse Renaldi.

badkitty
09-14-2010, 07:57 PM
Are you looking for the following?

Paige O'Hara as Angela, a soap opera character. O'Hara provided the speaking and singing voice of Belle in Beauty and the Beast.

Jodi Benson as Sam, Robert's secretary. Benson provided the speaking and singing voice of Ariel in The Little Mermaid as well as the voices of the various Barbie dolls in Toy Story 2 and Toy Story 3.

Judy Kuhn as Pregnant Woman with Kids. Kuhn provided the singing voice of the title character in Pocahontas and its sequel.

Julie Andrews as Narrator. Andrews played the title character in Mary Poppins as well as appearing in The Princess Diaries series as Queen Clarisse Renaldi.

Absolutely! I was so excited when I say the movie (having met Jodi Benson at a theatre company where I was working as a costume stitcher) and recognized the faces of some of my favorite voices!

badkitty
09-14-2010, 07:58 PM
Skyway?

No, this place is still there although you just can't walk to it.

Zawadi
09-15-2010, 12:10 PM
No, this place is still there although you just can't walk to it.

Tom Sawyer Island? You can't walk to that unless you can walk on water! :)

Now I'd better concentrate on packing - Fly to WDW on Saturday

badkitty
09-15-2010, 01:41 PM
Tom Sawyer Island? You can't walk to that unless you can walk on water! :)

Now I'd better concentrate on packing - Fly to WDW on Saturday

Correct! On the bridge you can see Thunder Mt on one side and the HM on the other.

Good luck with your packing! How exciting!! :mickey:

badkitty
09-15-2010, 01:43 PM
That should be all of the answers for my set.

Any takers for posting another set? Zawadi's leaving soon for WDW! :woohoo:

Joannelet
09-15-2010, 08:17 PM
BadKitty those were really hard!! :mickey:
and Zawadi I am sooooooooo jealous that you are leaving in a few days for WDW!!!!

badkitty
09-16-2010, 12:04 AM
BadKitty those were really hard!! :mickey:

Sorry! :secret:

and Zawadi I am sooooooooo jealous that you are leaving in a few days for WDW!!!!

Me too! :thumbsup: I still have 60 days to wait!

Zawadi
10-03-2010, 01:00 PM
We're back, a bit jet-lagged and full of a cold that we picked up last week.

The "research" trip (trip report coming soon) now means that there's more trivia teasers up our sleeves. So here goes...

1. Where can you find 3 horsemen and 3 hikers?

2. In the final scene of Carousel of Progress, the oven starts at 325F. What are the following 3 voice-controlled temperature settings that it goes to?

3. Which attraction has "automagic" doors?

4. Name 3 locations where you can see Lumiere.

5. What is the guest capacity of a Friendship boat?

PS: Badkitty we went over to Tom Sawyer Island and saw the rope bridge from where "you can see a mountain and mansion"

Joannelet
10-03-2010, 01:34 PM
2. In the final scene of carousel of progress, the oven starts at 325f. What are the following 3 voice-controlled temperature settings that it goes to?

WELCOME BACK ZAWADI!!! I want trip reports!

375f
550f
975f

Joannelet
10-03-2010, 01:39 PM

3. (I'm guessing on this one) Philharmagic?

5. Capacity is 100 passengers

Zawadi
10-03-2010, 03:46 PM
2. In the final scene of Carousel of Progress, the oven starts at 325F. What are the following 3 voice-controlled temperature settings that it goes to?

375f
550f
975f
Yes, that's right

3. (I'm guessing on this one) Philharmagic?

Yes, that's right Goofy says the doors to the theatre will open automagically towards you.

Capacity is 100 passengers

Close enough - the signage on them says 104

Questions 1 & 4 are still open

Savvy
10-03-2010, 05:33 PM

Philharmagic, Beauty and the Beast (Hollywood Studios) and the Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It! Street Party?

EDIT:

And...I'm just going to guess. Haunted Mansion?

badkitty
10-03-2010, 06:18 PM
PS: Badkitty we went over to Tom Sawyer Island and saw the rope bridge from where "you can see a mountain and mansion"

Awesome! Isn't that cool? :thumbsup: Welcome back! Can't wait for the trip report. Looks like I'm a bit late to answer any of the questions. This group is hungry for trivia! :mickey:

1. Where can you find 3 horsemen and 3 hikers? If HM isn't right, is it Soarin'?

Zawadi
10-04-2010, 03:23 AM

Philharmagic, Beauty and the Beast (Hollywood Studios) and the Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It! Street Party?
2 out of the 3. PhilarMagic in MK, Beauty and the Beast in DHS and one more in a different park.

I'm just going to guess. Haunted Mansion?
Not Haunted Mansion

Zawadi
10-04-2010, 03:32 AM
If HM isn't right, is it Soarin'?

Soarin' it is. In the canyon scene you fly over 3 horsemen and climb to clear the ridge with 3 hikers on it. At the cut to this scene the music score changes slightly to include a more "western" theme of galloping hooves.

Just one more place where Lumiere can be found to go

Joannelet
10-04-2010, 09:02 AM
Just one more place where Lumiere can be found to go

France Pavilion in Epcot? I know he is usually over there as a plant during the Flower and Garden festival too :) I'm just not sure if he appears there as a character meet and greet.....