PDA

View Full Version : No Stress Trip Day 4

Cinderelley
10-30-2009, 11:50 AM
We were out of the room at 8 am for breakfast. I called Saratoga Springs Spa to make an appointment for a massage. We arrived at Hollywood Studios around 9:15. Our first stop was to get fastpasses for Toy Story Midway Mania. Then we hopped on the backlot tour. The Star Wars movie props made me miss my kids. I found a t-shirt at the end that had a storm trooper with Mickey ears on. I had thought about getting it for my daughter-in-law, but my son said he would steal it when I called to find out her size.
We walked over to help the muppets look for Bean. Once we found him, we enjoyed lunch at Pizza Planet. Neither of us had eaten here before. I had the Caprese Salad. Yummmm!
Since were all filled up, we were off to save Endor. The Death Star exploded, and we made it back to earth just in time for the Great Movie Ride. The cast member there saved us from the evil villain which was a good thing since it was time for our fastpasses.
I had played Toy Story Midway Mania once at Disneyland this past May. Amy hadn't played it before. We broke plates, ringed alients,popped balloons and got into assorted other mischief. Amy scored a bunny. I scored a beaver.
We shopped a little and stumbled upon the Block Party Bash Parade. I am not a big parade fan, but this was kind've cute. I think my daughter would have really loved it. Amy did. We made our way to the Indiana Jones shop and I bought a t-shirt for Dr. Davis that said "Where there's a whip - there's a way." When Dr. Davis isn't playing Dr., he's an underwater archaeologist, so my kids call him Indiana Jones. He's also the medical director of one of the SWAT teams out here and one of those guys that you know put his parents through torture when he was a boy by breaking bones and such. It was a very appropriate t-shirt for him.
We checked in for dinner at 4:15 at the 50s Prime Time Cafe. Amy and I both ordered steak with mushrooms and wine sauce. On the side was green beans, carrots and scalloped potatoes. I got a chocolate shake to drink. I had to leave to go get my massage before I could have dessert, but I had been eyeing up the boston cream cupcake. I hopped the bus to Saratoga Springs resort and had a relaxing trip to the spa.
This was my first bad experience with the Saratoga Springs Spa. I had booked the mystical forest therapies like I have every other trip. When I got there, the guy at the counter said "You know this is 25 minutes of reflexology and a 25 minute massage, right?" Uh no. I had always gotten an hour long massage by booking it that way with that great smelling lotion. So, he booked me for just an hour massage. When I got into the room, the massage therapist says that the only way I can get the lotion I wanted was to get the one hour massage plus the 25 minute reflexology. :confused: By then I wasn't so relaxed, not to mention really confused. So, I went with what she said. An hour and a half later, I hit the jacuzzi. When I was finished there, I went up and paid my over $200 bill. I may just go to the Mandara Spa next time.
I met up with Amy back at Pop Century. She had stayed at the Hollywood Studios and ridden rides. Her original plan was to watch Fantasmic (the only night we would have time to watch it when it was offered.) She was having such a great time on the rides though, she skipped it. We briefly discussed going to Downtown Disney, but neither of us was really thrilled with the idea of going out in the cold. We called it a night and then wound up talking until 1 am all snuggled up in our beds.

faline
10-30-2009, 12:01 PM
Having a stressful spa experience sort of defeats the purpose, doesn't it? It's hard to imagine they could be so rigid over the use of a lotion?

Stiff, a nice, fun day up until you arrived at the spa!

BluewaterBrad
10-30-2009, 07:07 PM
No stress indeed!!:mickey:

pdrlkr
10-31-2009, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

crazypoohbear
10-31-2009, 11:03 PM
Sounds like the only stressful part of the trip so far is when you went for a massage!
You best not try to pamper yourself again! ;)

KylesMom
11-02-2009, 02:53 PM
Great start to the day - you were able to hit a bunch of attractions prior to your spa appointment. I agree, if I was at Disney minus DS, the backlot tour with the Sand Skiff would have made me miss him dearly! Your dinner at 50's sounds awfully good - I'm trying to talk DH and DS into this one for the next trip.

That had to be a disappointing moment at the spa . . . sorry it ended up to be less than what you were expecting. Overall, sounds like another good day, though! :mickey:

princessgirls
11-03-2009, 08:20 PM
Great day! Thanks for sharing!

Julie:mickey:

DizNee143
11-04-2009, 11:40 AM
what a nice day at MGM!! i love pizza planet! glad you guys enjoyed it..:mickey:
wow i cant believe the troubles you had with the spa..i hope you were able to become a little relaxed!!

vizsla
11-07-2009, 05:17 AM
Thanks for the report.