PDA

View Full Version : Dining dilemma

rubato
10-30-2009, 11:02 AM
I have all my ADRs, but now I'm working on my itinerary and rethinking one day. I have my family scheduled to spend the day at AK, then go to Epcot for dinner at Chef de France. We are then going to MK for evening EMH lasting until 11:00. Should I cancel this ADR and try to find something else? If so, where should we eat? I want to get the absolute most for my $ on this dining plan, because we don't ever do the dining plan. So, we don't want any signature restaurants (would rather pay for those OOP next time). Our plan is this:
Chef Mickey's
Coral Reef
Donald's Safari Bfast
Hoop De Doo
Tepan Edo
Garden Grill
Chef De France ???????
Le Cellier

The reason I'm thinking of redoing this is because we'll be in Epcot for 5 out of 7 dinners. Also, I think I may have overscheduled us on this specific day. Out of the 5 Epcot restaurants, which is the worst? I may be able to move Chef over to one of the other days and then do MK or Contemporary or something on the day in question. Crystal Palace will be closed and LTT didn't excite me much.

Thanks for any advice!!!

BigThunderFan
10-30-2009, 11:13 AM
At least Epcot & MK are on the monorail so you shouldn't have any trouble getting between the two. :thumbsup:

Mr_Increddieble
10-30-2009, 11:19 AM
Quality of restaurant and # of trips to Epcot aside, what resort are you staying at? If it's one of the Boardwalk Resorts then this logistical contortion might be workable. If not then you may find you have a mutiny on your hands.
It's a long walk from/to the monorail from Chefs. Why not park at the Poly, do Ohanas, then monorail to MK for EMH...Kaching! No mutiny, praises from the people.

rubato
10-30-2009, 01:06 PM
We are staying at CBR and will not have a car. I'm not 100% sure it's a problem. We only have 2 really long days out of the 7, but I'm trying to make everything very pleasant for everyone. We also only have 1 child and he'll be 10, if that makes any difference.

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-30-2009, 01:41 PM
If time is not an issue and you don't mind jumping from one park to another I say keep Chefs if its what you really want....

As far as dining at Magic Kingdom its not really our favorite for table service but we did enjoy Crystal Palace if you are into buffets...

If you want to eat at Animal Kingdom, I've heard good things about Yak and Yeti...we actually like Rainforest Cafe but it isn't on the dining plan

Also consider getting on the monorail and going to one of the resorts for dinner...

HiHoKermitTheFrogHere
10-30-2009, 02:56 PM
That is a lot for one day. You will waste a lot of time travelling between the 3 parks. I wouldn't go to Epcot just for dinner. I would only go to Epcot for dinner if it is also going to be my evening park (which it isn't for you on the day at issue). I agree with a previous poster that the dining at MK is not great, but we have been doing Ohana the last few trips as our MK dinner. Not only are the food and atmosphere great, but we consider Ohana to be a dining extension of the Magic Kingdom. It truly is very quick to get there. MK is not a big park, so no matter where you are, it is quick to get to the front of the park. Then you can either hop on the monorail (obviously right outside the park entrance) or the small boat (right near the monorail entrance) to take a quick ride over to Poly. Then it's also quick to get back via either mode of transportation. That would be my recommendation. (That is, assuming Ohana is not a signature dining restaurant, but I don't believe it is.)

Disneyfirsttimer
10-30-2009, 03:09 PM
If you are going to spend the evening in MK, you could do Ohana or Kona Cafe at Poly or 1900 Park Fare at Grand Floridian. Those are all 1TS each. Then just take the monorail over the MK.

SBETigg
10-30-2009, 03:22 PM
As much as I love Chefs de France, I think you should cancel it in favor of Grand Floridian Cafe. It's a better location for your purposes, and it's a very good choice for a 1 ts meal.

rubato
10-30-2009, 05:05 PM
Okay, I made my decision. I cancelled Coral Reef because my son who will be 10, wasn't sure about the menu. I replaced it with Chef de France (we'll be in Epcot anyway on that night). Then, I replaced Chef de France on our MK night with 1900 Park Fare. My son isn't happy with the princess thing, but he'll get over it when we get there (he discovered girls this year and if they make a big deal out of him, he'll secretly love it).
Thank you everyone for your advice. I just didn't think I could do 3 parks in one day to my poor family!!!!