PDA

View Full Version : First visit to CBR 11/15-11/19

wdwnutz
10-29-2009, 11:49 PM
We are staying at CBR for the first time. It's also our first time not visiting with DH due to work. I am traveling by myself with DD16 and DS3. Just wondering without paying for a preferred room (cost is a factor) what buildings are the closest to food court, playground, pool? Also is it possible to request a first floor room? (or are there elevators?) I recently had knee surgery and steps are not my friend. Any advice would be much appreciated!

mickeymousedabomb
10-30-2009, 07:29 AM
Hello there! I have stayed at CBR twice and just love it there:cloud9: First time around we were in Jamaica bldg 41-it was about a 5 minute walk from our 2nd floor room, over the bridge through Caribbean Cay and to OPR. Bus Stop was also very close, just throught he parking lot. Jamaica has yellow buildings with blue shutters and white accents. Very pretty and my fav colored "islands". Second time there was in Martinique. We again were on second floor. I do not remember seeing elevators here but then again, I did not look for them. This island is just to the left of OPR if you're looking at the map. A little closer than our 1st time around. These buildings I believe are two different shades of salmon color with pink accents. Very short walk to centertown and each "island" has there own quiet pool and laundry facility! Playgrounds are on the white sand beaches shared between Martinique/Barbados, One on the beach of Trinidad South(a bit far from POR), and it looks like one in Jamaica area. No island is really that far, but with your knee op I would strongly suggest an early check in online and type your situation in the comment section. Maybe go on info central and check out the map. You could suggest a stay at a certain island and bldg # especially on the ground level. It can't hurt. You will be happy here. It is tranquil and absolutely will make you feel you have landed in the Caribbean! Good luck, hope some of this is what you were looking to hear!

wdwnutz
10-30-2009, 07:44 PM
Thanks so much for all the information! It was exactly what I was looking for.

disney100%
10-30-2009, 08:36 PM
We are huge CBR fans! We always request first floor, Jamaica building 45 and have always been lucky enough to get our request. Plus, I love the walk to OPR and the pool area. My kids loved the new kiddie pool area. We actually will be staying there again in Febraury/March and can't wait!

wdwnutz
11-05-2009, 09:33 PM
I think I requested Jamaica 45 with my original reservation, but my travel agent is on vacation this week. Can I call the hotel directly? I just checked in online today and requested ground floor but didn't see anywhere else that I could make other requests.

CleveRocks
11-06-2009, 07:20 AM
Without paying for preferred location, the 3 closest buildings to Old Port Royale are Aruba 51, Jamaica 45 and Martinique 22 ... these 3 are all the exact same distance to OPR.

There are no guest elevators at CBR.

There's no way to call CBR itself. Yes, there's a phone number, but the call goes to a call center and not to the actual hotel. Since you booked through a travel agent, you don't "own" the reservation and thus Disney won't talk to you about your reservation or let you make any requests or changes ... this all must be done by your travel agent.

SillySymphony
11-07-2009, 10:15 AM
I just noticed your posting. We are long-time friends of Disney's CBR and recommend this resort highly to all our friends. Here's my suggestion for obtaining the best possible room without paying the preferred room price- First, call CBR no earlier than four days out. You'll occasionally be told that your resort reservation will show up in their bookings at five days, but four is safe. Use the following number: 407-934-3400 and when your call is answered, ask for the Room Assignor. You will be connected with the back room at CBR. Give them your name, ressie # and expected time of arrival. The, take the time to explain your fear regarding mobility. Disney CM's are well-trained to understand this type of request. Let them know that you are not requesting the closest buildings from Martinique and/or Trinidad North, but would appreciate the closest room(s) to Old Port Royale and a Bus Stop. This will first guarantee a ground floor room and secondly, a mobility notation will be placed on your screen. Call the day ahead and politely remind them of your arrival time. When you do arrive, if the room is not to your liking, be friendly and firm, re-iterating your need for a room close to food and transportation. Do Not Walk Away until you feel good about where you will be staying. This isn't about satisfying the staff, you are the resort guest. Always be thankful and show understanding that they are working hard for you, but until you are happy with your accommodations, you must stick with the check-in process. Have a terrific stay.

wdwnutz
11-07-2009, 11:47 PM
Thank you, thank you, so much for the wonderful advice! I am printing this info out right now so I can give them a call this week. :cloud9: