PDA

View Full Version : Best Western Stovall's Inn

nicster
10-29-2009, 05:48 PM
Anyone stayed at the Best Western Stovall's Inn? We got a great price thru Hotels.com ($68 nt.) & with $25 airfare with Southwest, we really are going for practically nothing. If you have stayed at this Best Western, is there a better area for quiet than others. How was the service?? What about the shuttle, was it one just for this hotel, or did it share with other hotels along the way?? Thanks for your help.

Disney4us2
10-29-2009, 08:51 PM
I stayed there years ago and it was ok. I went to the website, there is no shuttle. I am not sure if ART(the trolly shuttle) stops there. The hotel is located kittycorner from DCA on Katella and Disneyland Drive. I have stayed at the Park Vue Inn which is directly across the street from the resort on Harbor Blvd. It seemed even closer than the DLH. They may be more pricy though.

Have a fun trip:mickey:

ozmom
11-16-2009, 12:30 PM
Will be staying there next week 11/22 - 11/25. Will let you know how it is after we return. It is a first time stay there for us. :mickey:

nicster
11-16-2009, 02:27 PM
Will be staying there next week 11/22 - 11/25. Will let you know how it is after we return. It is a first time stay there for us. :mickey:
I talked to the receptionist at our Dentist office & she said that they stayed in Oct 2008 when they were doing the remodeling. They stayed in one of the newly done rooms & really liked it. She also said the topiaries gave it that Disney Magic feel. I am anxious to read about your experience. Have a great time!:mickey:

nicster
12-02-2009, 05:02 PM
I am getting anxious to know your impressions of the B. W. Stovall's. Hope you had a magical trip:mickey:

ozmom
12-03-2009, 05:04 PM
Sorry, didn't post sooner. Back to work and busy, hopefully I will get to some trip reports. We were happy with our accomodations. The only complaint we had was the air conditioning did not work well, which you wouldn't have thought would have been an issue this time of year but it was in the 80s while we were there. We were on the first floor the only noise we noticed was families walking by in the morning on the way to the park, but we got a kick out of it as we enjoyed hearing the laughter from the kids. They did offer a continental breakfast, the typical stuff, danishes, cereal, juice, coffee, etc. Something to put in your tummy before hitting the parks. We walked to the park each day, very convenient, just walked down the street and through Grand Californian and through Downtown Disney. We arrived Sunday evening and approx 9:25 heard the fireworks starting went outside and up the stairwell and were able to see parts of the fireworks, glad we were able to as both Monday and Tuesday nights the fireworks were cancelled due to winds. We would have no problem staying there in the future, it's not a 5 star resort, but for the price we felt it was well worth it and very convenient to the parks. Have a great trip. :mickey:

ozmom
12-03-2009, 05:28 PM
Wanted to add, that the room did have a refrigerator and microwave. In addition a large armoire with plenty of room to hang your clothes. The sink was located outside the bathroom with granite counter top and storage shelves underneath. Hair Dryer and coffee maker were also in room. :mickey:

nicster
12-03-2009, 06:15 PM
Thanks ozmom! It sounds exactly what we were expecting. Convenient & acceptable for the price. Having temps in the 80's sounds great! I will be watching (patiently :blush:) for your trip report....:mickey: