View Full Version : 40th Birthday Trip-Day 1 and Day 2

sacandjac
10-29-2009, 12:33 PM
Characters:

DH-48
Me-39 and will turn 40 on Day 2
DD-12

Wednesday (Day 1)
We arrived at night to CSR via Tiffany Towncar Service. Flight great and car service perfect-at resort in about 45 minutes from the time we landed. Check in fine-assigned to Cabanas 8B and birthday button given. Room here really nice and love the update! Had supper at the Pepper Market and really enjoyed it! DD and I had grilled chicken sandwach and DH had the Rotisserie chicken.

Thursday (Day 2)

Up at 0700 and eating at the Pepper Market by 0800. We love the breakfast potatoes here! At Animal Kingdom by 0915. I have to say that the bus service at CSR for this trip was excellent!! Animal Kingdom was great! Low crowds, weather not too hot-perfect day! By 2:15 we had pretty much done everything we wanted: EE twice, safari twice, Dinosaur, Tough To Be A Bug, Rafiki's Planet Watch, Trail with the Gorillas (don't know how to spell LOL), and the Nemo Show. We ate lunch at Flametree-we are usually big fans of this restaurant, but the food was not very good. We had the pork sandwiches-cold and kind of fatty. Anyway we did enjoy the view of EE from the seating area. We had supper at the Yak and Yeti and it was good, not great, but good. We had the chicken fried rice as an appetizer, DD and DH had steak and shrimp and I had the honey chicken. DH had mango pie which he enjoyed and DD and I had the wontons (this was delicious)!

The park was closed when we left, but there were still people shopping, making their way out. Our bus was at the stop quickly and we head back to resort. We used the hot tub and swam-very peaceful enjoying way to end the day!

Great first day! Tomorrow DHS and MNSSHP!

faline
10-29-2009, 01:03 PM
Other than so-so dining, you're off to a wonderful start! The last couple of times I've eaten at Flame Tree, I've thought the quality is a lot less than it used to be.

princessgirls
10-29-2009, 03:16 PM
A great day in AK... and it wasn't hot, that is a home run!

Thanks for the report!

Julie:mickey:

pdrlkr
10-29-2009, 08:18 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-30-2009, 09:56 AM
Sounds good :mickey:

KylesMom
10-30-2009, 10:43 AM
A great start to your trip. I hope that your birthday was extra-special! :mickey:

vizsla
10-31-2009, 05:16 AM
Thanks for the report.

BluewaterBrad
10-31-2009, 10:24 AM
You are right!! Great start!:mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
12-14-2009, 08:25 PM
I love the Animal Kingdom but we've never eaten at that place. The Finding Nemo show rocks:thumbsup:

BluewaterBrad
12-15-2009, 04:45 PM
Welcome to the "40" crowd!!:mickey: