PDA

View Full Version : Just got home from WDW

longisldr
10-29-2009, 12:25 PM
My trip was from 10/21/09 until 10/26/09. Stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and would never stay anywhere else. It has become my home away from home. The parks were surprisingly bearable since October has been gaining popularity in the past 5 years. The longest line I waited on ( without fastpass) was 20 minutes and it was for Test Track. The weather was pleasant and the restaurants were not as crowded at popular time slots. I had a big surprise at the Crystal Palace. I did not have PS for lunch at 1:30 and only waited 3 minutes for a table for 6. We were told we would be sitting next to Shaquille Oneal and his family and if we didn't mind. Of course I said "no problem". I occasionally glanced over but for the most part respected his privacy. As he was leaving, I had to say something to him but all I said was "Hey Shaq" and to my surprise he said "whats up". I did feel bad for him. He looked like a fish out of water. Must be uncomfortable for celebs but you gotta take the good with the bad. All in all the trip was great, as usual, and I am looking forward to booking for next year already. Probably doing the Disney Magic cruise in October and skipping the parks. Last time I said that I squeaked 4 extra days into my trip anyway. Its hard not to when you are already there. To those who have upcoming trips, have a great time.:mickey:

BMan62
10-29-2009, 01:28 PM
Thanks for the report! Must have been nice to see a celebrity like that...and very nice of you to allow them their space!

princessgirls
10-29-2009, 03:10 PM
Love the celebrity sightings! I respect their privacy too, maybe a quite nod or smile, but hey, they are humans enjoying their time with family in Disney too.

Thanks for the report!
Julie:mickey:

pdrlkr
10-29-2009, 08:17 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

Joannelet
10-29-2009, 09:30 PM
awe thanks for the report! :)
I'm sure Shaq appreciated the respect your fam gave to him too.

vizsla
10-30-2009, 05:13 AM
Thanks for the report.

faline
10-30-2009, 09:01 AM
Nice trip with a special surprise in "dining companion"!

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-30-2009, 09:47 AM
That was a really nice surprise

sacandjac
10-30-2009, 10:58 AM
We were there from the 21st through the 26th and we also found the weather/crowds to be great!

Glad you had a good time-wished I would have gotten to see Shaq! LOL