PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga Springs vs. Beach Club?

coffeeyumm
10-29-2009, 08:12 AM
A dear friend of mine is a loyal Beach Clubber, but it isn't available for her upcoming trip. She's considering Saratoga Springs... can you tell me the pros/cons? They really would like a fitness room... what's the pool like compared to B.C.? This is probably the last time as a whole family they'll get to go together since oldest son is graduating!

THANKS!!!

P.S. I was no help to her since we've only stayed at Pop Century! LOL! And, she asked me to check because her own computer CRASHED - oy. I assured her my intercot friends would know!

dephenn
10-29-2009, 09:54 AM
You'll find a lot of different opinions on this. Most people will choose BC for location and pool. I stayed at SSR on our last trip and liked the fact we could walk to DTD. Every resort has its positives and its negatives. We find that the important part of a vacation is more of what we do and spending time together then where sleep. As long as the room is clean and the staff is professional we always have a great time.

Joannelet
10-29-2009, 11:33 AM
Beach Club is our favorite but we also stay at Saratoga since that is our home resort for DVC.
The main pool in Saratoga is great and there are also very nice quiet pools (no young children there)
THere are definitely pros and cons to staying at Saratoga. Its close to Downtown Disney. There are only 2 places to eat but the food is very good. If you have older children I would choose this resort. I just think its better for older kids rather than younger. The spa there is great and there is a workout room that is great also. You can also take a boat to DD or you can walk. Its closer to the marketplace side of DD.
At Beach Club you have many places to eat at, its accessible to Epcot and MGM by boat or walk. You have access to the Boardwalk hotel for nightlife. The pool is beyond amazing. :) We love it there :)
I really do like both places and it depends on what you are looking for.

bruin1344
10-29-2009, 01:07 PM
never stayed at Saratoga but have toured the facilities multiple times, i find the BC a lot better because of the close location to Epcot and DHS, bigger pool, and Cape May restaurant

Jennifer_and_Chris
11-03-2009, 08:54 AM
We are owners at SSR. We recently stayed at the Treehouse villas! If your friends can get into the treehouses, get it! It is the same points as a 2 bedroom villa. (That is, if they need the room). It was great atmosphere. We loved our location - waterview of the boats and bus stop was right next door as was the path to SSR (about a 5 minute walk to the main carriage house).

We have not stayed at the Beach Club. But, I do have to say, when we add point (one day!), we want to purchase Beach Club and/or Bay Lake Towers because of the location. I always wanted to stay at the Beach Club, but, it was never available. I think at this point in our lives (2 children under 5) we would only stay at Beach Club if it was a mommy and daddy get away as our trips usually revolve around magic kingdom!

Loweschevy
11-03-2009, 09:11 AM
We have stayed at both resorts so here is my opionion

Beach Club
Pros: walk to Epcot, boat to DHS, Boardwalk dining options, Yacht & Beach Club restaurants, Storm Along Bay

Cons: No front access to Epcot, far from MK, no traditional counter service restaurant

Saratoga Springs
Pros: close to DTD, large spacious rooms

Cons: Very spreadout, inter resort busses tend to be unreliable or slow, theme was not very appealing, only a counter service restaurant, you must take a bus to every park

epceddie
11-03-2009, 03:49 PM
We're DVC members at Old Key West, but we've akways enjoyed our stays at Saratoga Springs. We've had fantastic 1BR's with water views of DTD and we love the quiet pool on the water across from DTD. It has frog water fountains!