PDA

View Full Version : Best Dinner Buffet?

Genie1953
10-28-2009, 10:07 PM
Can anyone give me an opinion of these dinner buffets and tell me what food choices are available on them? We have not been to either of them. Since we are on the dining plan we want to make sure that we are getting our money's worth.

Chef Mickeys
Crystal Palace

Are there any others that are pretty good?

BigThunderFan
10-28-2009, 11:56 PM
Honestly the food is very similar between these two locations. It is decent resort buffet food. Not fantastic, but still good overall.

Really the difference comes down to which characters you want to see. Fab 5 at CM or Pooh at CP.

Either one is great and our kids loved both!

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-29-2009, 09:06 AM
We really enjoyed Crystal Palace Buffet on our last visit...everything was hot and fresh and character interaction was good....

TinyDancer
10-29-2009, 09:40 AM
If you're looking for characters, I really like the interaction at both Chef Mickey's and especially the Garden Grill, though the food is less options at GG. Not focusing on characters, my family really loves both Boma and the Biergarten, especially if you time it to see one of the shows!

wdwfansince75
10-29-2009, 09:43 AM
We have enjoyed both. However, we usually have a party of 12 or so, and have found CP has trouble accomodating a party of that size....Our ADR's have always been for 2 or more tables, and we have had to wait to get adjacent tables. CM's has typically put us at a single round table. We have made dinner at CM's an arrival night tradition.

The food at either is very good. The selections do change from day to day, and are very similar. We think that the selection and set up at CM's is better. We especially like the roast beef and ham carving board at CM's. Both have Mac and Cheese....the standard kid friendly WDW recipe....CM's has parmesian mashed potatoes, which is a long time favorite with our clan. For some reason, most of our DGK's also love the glazed baby carrots at CM.
Both usually have salmon; I think the CP salmon is better...but the steam tables at CP tend to make the sides there less appetizing....Maybe the scheduled refurb will improve that aspect. Our DGK's love the sundae set up at CM's....there are lots of dessert choices at both.

The last time we were there, the birds in CP were a distraction.

Of the two, CM's is our favorite, both for the food and for the character interaction. But for a dinner buffet, I prefer 1900 Park Faire....

tired 'ol trooper
10-29-2009, 12:12 PM
Try Cape May Buffet!

At least this wasn't a "commasary" place the last time we ate there!

:cool:

bruin1344
10-29-2009, 01:08 PM
never tried those 2

Cape May is my favorite buffet, there something there for everyone.