PDA

View Full Version : Best Breakfast Buffet?

Genie1953
10-28-2009, 10:01 PM
Can anyone give me an opinion of which breakfast buffet is best:

Crystal Palace
Chef Mickeys
1900 Park Fare
Cape May
Donalds Safari

What food choices are available on these buffets? We have never been to any of them and would like to try out 2 or 3 on our trip in April.

megustamex
10-29-2009, 12:38 AM
Donald's Safari was excellent. I was so sorry I wasn't hungrier. They had dozens of wonderful African-style breads with spreads, fabulous cinnamon rolls, donuts, blintzes, Mickey waffles, and all the rest of your typical breakfast offerings. I would definitely do that one again. The characters were great for the kids too; I don't know anywhere else you can see Daisy at a character meal.

tss22
10-29-2009, 12:53 AM
Chef Mickeys is good, plentyful, standard breakfast fare with Mickey Mouse and friends. What more could you ask for!? A definite must for anyone wanting a breakfast with character.

wdwfansince75
10-29-2009, 09:17 AM
Our favorite is Donald's Safari Breakfast, although we have also enjoyed 1900 Park Faire (close second), Chef Mickey's, and Crystal Palace. Haven't tried Cape May...
We also tried, and enjoyed, the family style breakfast at O'hana.
Most of our stays have been at CR or SoG, so on MK EMH mornings, we get ADR's at one of the monorail venues, I and some of the other early risers do the MK EMH at MK, and then meet the rest of the clan at a late breakfast. We usually do AK EMH morning, with a late seating ADR for the breakfast.
Back when DK's were teenagers, I took the DK's to MK before opening, did breakfast at CP, and were finished by rope drop....That was BCE (before the character era). Since the characters have been added to the CP breakfast, we find that the service and food has not been as good.

wildernesslady
10-29-2009, 09:22 AM
Another one to try is Bomas. They have made to order eggs/omelets and their frunch juice is delicious.

Always Goofy
10-29-2009, 01:29 PM
To be honest...you can't go wrong.
I may be mistaken now, but a long time ago 1900 park fare had a Sunday Brunch buffet. It had steak on the buffet. Does anyone know if is still around?

lockedoutlogic
10-29-2009, 02:08 PM
Boma is the best breakfast buffet....

crystal palace was very good the last time we were there....

park fare is always very good

I personally like Cape May...the wife - not so much

Gator
10-29-2009, 03:21 PM
1900 Park Faire is the best, and I've done all of them. It's traditional food with the best, and I meand THE best cinnamon roll you'll ever have. Plus, there's only one place you can eat with Alice in Wonderland and Mary Poppins, and that's at 1900 Park Faire.

mudpuppysmom
10-29-2009, 05:51 PM
DS likes CM's....we ate there last week and I did like the turkey hash (not sure if that is new or not) -- but the food was good, it was the service that I thought was not up to snuff....dirty dishes on the table the entire meal and empty juice glasses while the table next to us had great service from the same CM?!?!? I was puzzled.

We all like CP also -- the food is good but I think the character interaction is a little rushed. DS#2 has allergies and even he ate and was happy. Go early though, the place gets NUTZ after 9 am!

If I had to choose I guess I'd pick CP and go early so you can get pictures of the castle without people walking down Main St. -- or very few ppl!

brownie
10-30-2009, 07:01 AM
Our favorite is Cape May Cafe. We really enjoy having breakfast there. The only other we've done on your list is Chef Mickey's, though. We had Donald's Breakfastosaurus before it was moved to Tusker House and the Crystal Palace was not a character breakfast when we ate there in 1994.

SurferStitch
10-30-2009, 09:36 AM
Our favorite is Donald's Safari Breakfast. That just seems to have the best, freshest, and most unique food offerings. They still have the basics, but there are many things there you won't see elsewhere...and those blintzes are delicious!

Second would be Crystal Palace. Everything there is very good. A very close third (if not a tie with CP) is Chef Mickey's. We haven't eaten there in a year or so, but I loved all of the cheesy foods they had. I love cheese, and the cheese covered eggs, potatoes, and the kid's pizza were excellent.

We really like 1900 PF, but I have to say that would be 4th on our list. Still very good, though!

1goofyfamily
10-30-2009, 10:02 AM
Our entire family loves Cape May (my FIL because he has a crush on Minnie) and Crystal Palace.....lots of choices at both. We've done Crystal Palace breakfast nearly every trip (doing dinner this trip) and some of our favorite memories are there. We always schedule it early in the morning because we love going down Main St before the park opens....feels like we're the only ones in the park.

prttynpnk
10-30-2009, 11:59 AM
Another worshipful vote for Boma-
second place would be Crystal Palace.:mickey:

tnpoohbear
10-30-2009, 04:43 PM
I would have to say my favorite is Boma's - they have such a large assortment and everything is fantastic!:mickey:

disney100%
10-30-2009, 08:49 PM
Our absolute favorite is Cape May. Of all the times we have eaten there, we get some of our best trip pictures. We have found the character interaction there a lot more playful and not so rushed. With a 3year old, 2 year old and 10 month old, that was ideal for us! :mickey:

Genie1953
10-31-2009, 12:44 AM
Well I have decided on Crystal Palace but still need to decide on one other breakfast buffet. I have narrowed it down to:

Chef Mickeys
1900 Park Fare
Cape May
Can anyone tell me what sort of foods are on these breakfast buffets? My husband is crazy about omelets. I personally love eggs in just about any form. We also like bacon, sausage, pancakes, various kinds of breakfast potatoes, fresh fruits, including apples, oranges, bananas, melon, and berries of any kind. We are also fans of cinnamon rolls. Does any of the three listed above fit this bill a bit better than the others.