PDA

View Full Version : Alfredo's Substitute?

rkmemkc
10-28-2009, 12:34 PM
Hi there all you fellow Disney nuts!! I see they no longer have Alfredos in EPCOT. We are coming 'home' in 22 days!!!!! Looking for a recommendation for Fetticini Alfredo. Either in the World or just off site. We will be offsite and have a car. So locals or frequent travelers...help! :cloud9:

Alligirl
10-28-2009, 01:13 PM
I would recommend that you go to Tutto Italia!! This is the restaurant that replaced Alfredos. We were there in July and it was wonderful! We all had different dishes and we loved them all!!! My DD has even gotten the recipe for the lamb dish she loved and makes it at home. My other DD was just back from a semester abroad and said that she felt like she was back in Italy! I had the bucattini pasta that is similar to alfredo, with pasta, peas & prosciutto in a cream sauce!!!

Polynesian Dweller
10-28-2009, 01:50 PM
I hope this isn't a sign of things going downhill at Tutto Italia but based on our meal on Oct. 20, we couldn't recommend the place. Appetizers and desert were good but our entrees were the worst of the week. My pasta was mushy and bland and my DW didn't finish her fish dish because it was so flavorless. Pity. Mama Melrose the same week had pasta that had good texture and superior flavor.

The best Italian we have found isn't on the DDP I believe and it's Portobello in DTD. The food here has always been exellent and was last week as well.

SBETigg
10-28-2009, 01:58 PM
I would say to try Il Mulino at the Swan, but I noticed they don't have Alfredo on the menu, either. You might have to try to find some good Alfredo at home and try other things at WDW.

magicofdisney
10-28-2009, 02:03 PM
Outside Disney you could always hit an Olive Garden.

ILoveLegos
10-28-2009, 03:20 PM
Outside Disney you could always hit an Olive Garden.

Just a note the Olive Garden on International Drive is THE ORIGINAL Olive Garden! For those of you who like trivia! :)

Alligirl
10-28-2009, 05:25 PM
I hope this isn't a sign of things going downhill at Tutto Italia but based on our meal on Oct. 20, we couldn't recommend the place. Appetizers and desert were good but our entrees were the worst of the week. My pasta was mushy and bland and my DW didn't finish her fish dish because it was so flavorless. Pity. Mama Melrose the same week had pasta that had good texture and superior flavor.

The best Italian we have found isn't on the DDP I believe and it's Portobello in DTD. The food here has always been exellent and was last week as well.

Wow, that makes me so sad since we had such a great meal there! To tell the truth we had not been very impressed by Alfredos and I was not sure about eating at Tutto but was so very happy we did!

rkmemkc
10-28-2009, 11:21 PM
Thank you all everyone!! Can always find what I need here at Intercot! :D