PDA

View Full Version : No Stress Trip Day 2

Cinderelley
10-28-2009, 11:01 AM
Amy and I slept in until 11. Oops! :blush: Oh well, we are on vacation to rest and relax. We headed out to Animal Kingdom around 12. First stop was primeval whirl. I know this section has its lovers and haters, but I am one of the lovers. This is my favorite ride in all of Animal Kingdom! We decided to try take-out at the Yak and Yeti. Amy got the kung pao chicken. I had the honey chicken. We tried each other's food. They were both pretty tasty. We both got the chocolate cake for dessert. It was okay - definitely not Ben & Jerry's chocolate. The total would have been $35.51 if we weren't on the dining plan. Rather expensive for just two people.

Apparently my next move was to anger the water gods on Kali River Rapids because I got soaked! Out of all the times I have been on this ride, I have only gotten that wet the first time I rode it. My shoes, my socks, even the money in my pocket! Although this normally would not have been a problem, but apparently we brought a cold front with us. I have no idea how that happened coming from the desert, but all the cast members kept commenting on how it became cold all of a sudden. I was freezing my hiney off, so we decided to walk the pangani trail hoping to avoid the wind. One of the Okapis was right at the front of the cage. I love Okapis, but I couldn't get my camera to turn on. :( So I fiddled with it while Amy talked to the CM there about the housing market in Florida. The Okapi left, and then my camera turned on. I must've still had the Kali River Rapids water gods mad at me. Anyway, Amy and I learned that the Okapi is related to the giraffe. That was pretty cool, since Amy loves giraffes. 2 hours later, I was still wet, so we headed back to Pop Century. I needed some dry clothes before we headed to Whispering Canyon Cafe for dinner.

We were seated rather quickly for dinner, but it was in a back room far from any action. We could hear activity in the front room, but it was rather disappointing. Amy had the skillet which she loved, but I was less than thrilled with the meatloaf. This was my second time at Whispering Canyon Cafe, and neither time was it enough to make me want to go back.
After dinner we stopped at the pin cart. I had an assignment from one of my doctors at work who had been at WDW just a week before us. Her daughter had been collecting a set of Figment pins and only needed happy and sad to complete the set. Amy and I had been getting into the swing of checking out the pins on the CMs. At the pin cart, there was a book with a happy Figment pin. I was all excited and asked how much it was. I was told that I couldn't buy it, I had to exchange for it. I was going to buy one off of the cart, when the guy who was explaining it to me, GAVE me one of his pins so I could trade. That was so sweet of him. He had obviously been doing it a long time, because he had a lanyard that must've weighed a ton due to all the pins he had on it. What a great bit of magic he provided for the evening!

Amy was checking out the DVC set up, so I went and told her about it. Then we went back to the pin cart to buy some pins to trade before taking off to Chip 'n' Dale's Campfire Sing a Long. Once again, it was not meant to be. I gave the cashier my room key to charge the pins I bought, and she lost it! I don't know how many times I have tried to make it to the Campfire, but something always comes up. Oh well. Something else to try on the next trip, right? We headed back to Pop and got a replacement key. We were both tired, so we decided to call it a night.

While drifting off to sleep, we commented on how the last trip we were up at the crack of dawn and stayed at the parks until close. We decided we were getting old and drifted off to sleep.

princessgirls
10-28-2009, 11:26 AM
Your not getting old... your enjoying your vacation after a long, hard, stressful year!

I think you had a great day!

Thanks for sharing!
Julie:mickey:

KylesMom
10-28-2009, 12:48 PM
There is nothing wrong with you & Amy sleeping in! :D

We noticed that they had an element activated on Kali this past summer that got us soaked time and time again. The difference? It was the middle of June and we needed that cold water at AK! We ate at TS Yak & Yeti, and while it was good, it wasn't worth the $85 (with our A/P discount) we spent for the three of us. This is one of the few places that it's tough to substantiate if you're not on the dining plan.

We were sat in the back room at WCC for the first time on Father's Day this year. DH actually enjoyed his meal, but DS felt pretty left out in the back. We did ask to be moved, but they wouldn't budge. In fact, a few families got downright NASTY when they weren't sat in the main room and the WCC staff wouldn't let them wait for a table in the main room.

Ah, I love that pin cart - we've found some obscure gems there in the past! Really cool about the guy giving you a pin to trade. Really uncool that the pin cart lady lost your room key. :( Sorry you didn't make it to the campfire again!

While drifting off to sleep, we commented on how the last trip we were up at the crack of dawn and stayed at the parks until close. We decided we were getting old and drifted off to sleep. No, you are learning to ENJOY your Disney vacation. Thanks for sharing your day with us! :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-28-2009, 01:06 PM
Sounds like a great day

faline
10-28-2009, 06:39 PM
On our last trip, we ate in a room off the main one at Whispering Canyon. In fact, we were seated right up against the fire place and it's a seating area I was hoping for! We really enjoyed this area!

Certainly sounds as though you're really in relaxation mode!

pdrlkr
10-29-2009, 08:13 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

BluewaterBrad
10-30-2009, 06:58 PM
Yes, I cant commando the parks like I used to either. Sometimes that is a good thing!!:mickey:

vizsla
11-03-2009, 05:11 AM
Thanks for the report

DizNee143
11-04-2009, 10:35 AM
sounds like another good day!!!
i didnt think WCC was anything all that special either..it was good though..:mickey: