PDA

View Full Version : Park Tickets

jsdt
10-27-2009, 06:37 PM
Was curious if anyone knows the answer to this before I call and see what my options are. My in-laws are headed down this Saturday with us and had bought 7 day no-expiration tickets which they planned to pick up at the park. Subsequent to buying the tickets the "buy 4-get 3 free" deal was advertised so we adjusted their reservation and they now have passes included as part of their room reservation (plus still saved $400). Thus they no longer need the 7 day tickets. They were curious what their options are with the 7 day tickets:
1) Can they cancel the purchase?
2) Can they have someone else (namely me) go with them to pick up the tickets and have them put under my name and my wife's name and we can use them instead of them.
3) If they do pick them up and keep them for a later date, but then decide later that they don't need them, are they transferrable.

I can obviously call Disney and find out, but wanted to see first what is allowed before I got them on the call. Plus curious if anyone has any experience with this or any other suggestions.

10-27-2009, 09:45 PM
1. yes, 2. No and 3. No.

Goofy4TheWorld
10-27-2009, 10:36 PM
I don't know the answer to the cancellation policy, but I don't think tickets are "assigned" to ANYONE until they are used, then the tickets are linked to your fingerprints (kinda).

I don't think any stretch of common sense prohibits parents from giving or selling never-before-used tickets to their children. Grandparents buy their kids/grandkids tickets (as gifts) to Disney all the time, but the "no transferring" rule does not apply since the tickets were never used.

So, if 11290 is correct, just have them cancel the ticket order. However, I thought you had to cancel the tickets within 5 days, so you better get stronger confirmation of the cancellation policy. If they do get stuck with the tickets, I believe they can give (or sell) you their tickets. You can't sell them on Ebay, but tickets changing hands around the Christmas tree happens every year.

10-27-2009, 11:20 PM
Valid ID is required for picking up "pre-orders", therefore only the "original purchaser" can pick them up. They will then have the name on the back of the ticket and then will be basically non-transferable. If someone else uses the ticket with the original purchasers name on it, when it comes through the turnstile it might be incoherent read or a not readable ticket and need to have a manual check. If that happens the persons ID has to match the ticket name and then it would be a problem. A lot of tickets come through that have an incoherent information on some of the turnstiles and require a manual check.

Biometrics, not fingerprints, are not tagged to the ticket until first use.

Guest relations "might" (would probably) be willing to reissue them in someone else's name if both parties are there to do the pickup. They are flexible and it may not be a problem at all but it would be easier to just cancel since they have never been issued.

VWL Mom
10-28-2009, 07:34 AM
I bought 2APs online for my sons for our trip in August. The only name I supplied online was mine as the purchaser. When we went to Guest Relations is when the pass assignment and ID's came into play. I would think that the MYW tickets work the same way allowing you and your wife to go with them and present ID for the tickets. They should check their receipt and see if individual names appear or just the purchaser.