PDA

View Full Version : Room requests allowed?

houseofmouse103
10-27-2009, 03:43 PM
We are going to be down next week & are staying at AS-Music. My wife's last chemo session is Wednesday and with that comes a shot to increase red & white cell production, but causes annoying bone pain. I'm taking her down; her idea, as a "What will you celebrate" moment along with our birthdays. She will be using a wheelchair and I know the resort is pretty spread out. Can I call & request a room closer to the main building? Or should I just show up looking pathetic & hope we get one close?

Strmchsr
10-27-2009, 04:31 PM
Can't really guarantee a location without paying for preferred. You can request a ground floor for medical needs, but I don't think you can nail down close to the main building. It just depends on what is available.

seanyred
10-27-2009, 07:41 PM
I would call disney before you arrive and explain the situation and make the request. They may honor your request...they may not.

Here was my experience...my DW was 6 months Pregnant and having trouble walking when we last stayed at AS Music...I requested to be closest to the main buidling as possible. We did not pay for preferred. We were given a room with a King Size Bed in the Jazz Bulding which is closest you can get without paying preferred rates.

Good luck to you and your DW hope the chemo works for her.

houseofmouse103
10-28-2009, 08:48 AM
"I would call disney before you arrive and explain the situation and make the request. They may honor your request...they may not.

Here was my experience...my DW was 6 months Pregnant and having trouble walking when we last stayed at AS Music...I requested to be closest to the main buidling as possible. We did not pay for preferred. We were given a room with a King Size Bed in the Jazz Bulding which is closest you can get without paying preferred rates.

Good luck to you and your DW hope the chemo works for her."

I'll give it a try this morning. Thanks for the info. DW is doing fantastic, all things being considered. No nausea :ack:, no hair :secret:, only aches after the shot. Thanks for the well wishes!:wave:

ElenitaB
10-28-2009, 08:40 PM
Congrats to your wife! Did she get to ring the bell at her treatment facility? Always a great moment! :cloud9:

Our experience is a bit different as we are DVC members, but I always note on our room reservation that we need a room that is centrally located due to my medical condition. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Happy vacation! Sounds like an awesome celebration! :thumbsup:

houseofmouse103
10-28-2009, 10:49 PM
"Congrats to your wife! Did she get to ring the bell at her treatment facility? Always a great moment!"

Not yet, that should happen next Wednesday!

We're DVC members as well, but this trip will be done the old fashion way; with cash, as we have allotted all our points until 2011-cruises will do that. I never really thought about it 'til now, but most of the standard view rooms at the BWV or BCV are quite a ways away from the lobby. Especially BWV, we've had a few that came close to the turnstiles at Hollywood Studios!

After these past 4 months, we really need this vacation! Thanks for the well wishes!!!

ElenitaB
10-29-2009, 07:48 PM
We've never been that far at BWV... halfway there though this past time though. Thank goodness I had my ECV with me!

Sorry I messed up on the dates of your DW's final treatment. Much :pixie: to you both!

wdwnutz
01-02-2010, 12:10 PM
We went down in Nov. and I called a few days before we left with my request. I got one grumpy person, but 2 nice ones. I recently had knee surgery and found out CBR did not have elevators. We got a first floor room very close to a bus stop, which was fine because I could take the internal bus to all the buildings I needed to go to. Good luck with everything!

Renfairwedding
01-06-2010, 01:57 PM
Don't call. FAX.... I send a nice letter by fax with my request seven days before and each time we have been very very happy with the results.

The numbers on online for each of the resorts.

Have Fun! :mickey:

Captain_Nemo
01-08-2010, 08:38 AM
most of the time when I request it, if needed, they will give you a room that in my experiences at AS Music was right in the front in the Calypso section. if you check in online you can check "Near transportation" under room request also. you can chekc in online 10 days prior to your arrival