PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about Parade taping...

princessgirls
10-27-2009, 01:12 PM
I'm putting this out there, and I'm pretty sure this topic has been touched on.

Here's my question.

We are planning on our Magic Kingdom day on Saturday December 5th. Turns out that is the parade taping for the Christmas special. Lucky us...
Will most of the crowds be pretty much confined to the Main Street area. My family won't have much interest in hanging around for hours watching the parade, they will most likely want to do rides. Should I reconsider our plans?
We have a great ADR at the Crystal Palace for dinner at 4:45pm. Also, the park is open until 11pm, the latest for our stay (without EMH).
I have done Disney during March spring break which is fairly crowded, so we are used to the parks being crowded, but is this going to be out of control?
Thanks Intercotees for your input! Always appreciated!
Julie:mickey:

missymouseworld
10-27-2009, 01:41 PM
I don't have an answer to your question regarding the parade, however, in your signature I see you have stayed at the Bonnett Creek Resort....can you tell me about it and what you liked and didn't like about the resort. We have been staying at POR the last 3 visits and passed it on our way in and was wondering about the resort.

princessgirls
10-27-2009, 01:54 PM
The Bonnet Creek resort is very nice. It is a time-share owned by Wyndham resorts.

Pro's:
Resort is located next to the CBR, and is on the Disney main drag. You are close to everything.

Beautiful big suites, 2 bedrooms, kitchen, dining area, all amenities, pools, lazy rivers, pool side cafe,

Con's:
No Disney magic!
Needed a car, as they have 1 bus that comes every hour and does a drop off at each park.
Can't purchase meal plan or any packages from Disney. Although we were invited to stay by our friends, our "free" lodging actually turned out to be an expensive trip with rental car and full price tickets and meals factored in. Also, paid to park in the parks every day. Another expense. Parking in the Magic Kingdom is not fun. It's a "You can't get there from here" kind of experience.

I did find Bonnet Creek a beautiful resort, and the rooms were nice, just missed some of the magic, that's all.
Hope this helps.

Strmchsr
10-27-2009, 01:58 PM
By 4:45 the parade taping will be over as they only do it in bright daylight. They usually finish up by 3 pm or so. As for crowds, during the taping Main St is definitely the most crowded area. However, everyone who works a shift for the parade taping gets to stay in MK at no charge, so a LOT of locals sign up to do it. This means after the parade taping MK will be nuts. It's crowded enough on Saturdays during December anyway due to locals coming in for a day trip, but on parade day it's insane.

Missy_Mouses_Dad
10-27-2009, 03:16 PM
Main street is packed during the taping. Unfortunately the only way to get around is behind all of the spectators on either side of the street. Crossing the street is definitely frowned upon by the taping crew. The park is extremely crowded afterwards

princessgirls
10-28-2009, 10:09 AM
THANKS for all of the feedback!

I appreciate it!!!