PDA

View Full Version : It was a new rental car -- Day 4

mudpuppysmom
10-26-2009, 09:55 AM
We survived yesterday and it was a much better night than the previous one.

This morning DS#1 woke up fever free, and he said he was ready to go to the parks for a "little bit". We all got ready and prepared to meet my family that had come over for the weekend from Daytona. They got here last night, but we had decided it best that we just meet up today instead b/c of DS#1 being under the weather.

The dr. had said he would more than likely wake up today and feel a little drained, but he'd be fine and he was right! We got to the Epcot parking lot and I started to unload everyone/thing and DS#1 said he didn't want to get out of the car, he felt tired again. So DH took him back to the hotel -- on the way there is when the new rental car became not so new -- apparently DS neglected to tell anyone that his stomach was upset and christened the car. After that he was fine DH said -- I guess one last hurrah for the sickness. He had no fever and he perked back up DH said, but they went back to the hotel anyay, despite DS saying he was fine and ready to go. DH washed all the clothes and they kicked around the hotel, seeing an alligator in the pone, and ate lunch he said.

While I was waiting to meet up with my relatives I scoped out where Sum of all Thrills was and the line was a bit long, so the kids decided to pass, but we did do a bunch of stuff in the Innoventions buildings while one adult ran to get FP for Soarin for later.

The group of us 7 total wandered toward WS after stopping off for some "pop" at Club Cool -- I even let DS#2 try some.....even the Beverly and he just put on a sour puss.....he didn't like it either! Around WS we made several stops and grazed on so much food!!!

Here is what I remember we had: (we started on the Canada side of WS
Puerto Rico:Ham Croquets
Chile: Rock Shirmp Ceviche & Corn and cheese Arepa
Greece: Spanikopita, Chicken Souvlaki w/ tzatziki sauce
Canada: Cheese soup and spicy chicken sausage w/ sweet corn polenta (boy was this good, but my eyes watered until after France!)
New Zealand: Sea scallops w/ veg slaw and lamb slider
Ireland: Lobster and scallop fishermans pie, and the cheese plate (which the kids didn't like b/c the cheese was sharp)
France: Escargot (I didn't partake this year) and short ribs in cabernet with mashed potatoes (I could have eaten a dinner size portion of this) and chocolate creme brulee
The Brewers Collection: Pretzel bread with cheese dip (When my cousin walked up with two pretzel sticks my DS#2 who really can't talk just went nuts -- he LOVES pretzels and made it known much to the laughter of the group).
Morocco: Beef Kefka and Falafel and baklava (which I didn't eat, the kids ate that)
Japan: My cousins wife and daughter stopped here for some sushi -- I think a Cali roll was all they got, which they tell me is really not sushi.
We skipped New Orleans and the Hops & Barley areas and once again started stopping in each country with:
Vienna:Paprike Beef Stew w/ bacon dumpling and Mushroom soup with Chive dumpling (soup and dumpling was yummy!)
Italy: Canneloni and Polpettini (veal meatballs) -- the canneloni was good and I passed on the meatballs I was getting full!)
Germany: Spaetzle with ham and cheese (yum-o) and Nuernberger sausage on a pretzel roll
Austrailia: Barrimundi w/ blistered cherry tomatoes and grilled lamb chop (which we thought was a pretty generous portion for I think the $4.50 they charged).
We skipped Thailand. No one really wanted any today.
South Africa: Beef Tenderloin w/ mashed sweet potatoes -- there was just not enough to go around everyone enjoyed this one!
We really slowed down at this point and wobbled , er, waddled our way thru the remaining kiosks.....
India: one of the kids decided she wanted to try the Rice &lentil crepes with potato and onion filling.....when it arrived you would have paid money to see her face....."WHAT is that" she said and her dad told her it was what she had asked for......well, so much for that one, no one really wanted to touch it, so it went they wayside.
China: Chicken with cumin and Rice pancakes with beef and one with shrimp....when we got to the bench with the pancakes my cousins wife said, "what kind of bread is that?"....we looked at each other and laughing said they were the rice pancakes! Not the best thing we had all day, but not as bad as the rice and lentil crepe from a few minutes ago either. We also had potstickers (which I didn't have).
Poland: Now, I am not a fan of store bought piergoes so I didn't try them and they looked like Mrs. T's -- they were served with kielbassa. My cousins enjoyed them, but I didn't partake b/c I make my own here at home -- which they bitterly reminded me of....so I guess I need to find some dry ice and send them some this Christmas!
We had camped out near the Spain kiosk and decided that we wanted nothing from there as it really smelled fishy.....well, they did have fish, snapper it was and on to Mexico we went...
Mexico: I think there was only a quesadilla eaten there, but we did have three conga juices from the cantina, not the kiosk from the F&W fest.

That completed our tour of the world........it took a few hours to wander around the world and we were all satisfied with our "meals".

At this time DH and DS#1 were coming into the park -- DS came skipping down the sidewalk toward Ellen's and we all went in. DS#2 was a little punchy until the "ride" started, then he was fine and we took our ride thru time and learned all we could from Bill Nye.

After that we perused Mouse Gears for a while -- my cousin had a gift card from her birthday that Disney "gave" her in lieu of a ticket as they have AP's and it was burning a hole in her pocket!

Onto Soarin we went with our FP's from earlier in the day -- we had 6 of them, so 6 of the 9 of us went flying......ahhhhh, we all enjoyed our ride! Afterward we sat down for a "snack" at Sunshine Seasons. Boy the place was dead down there! DH commented on how nice it was that he didn't have to stock people for a seat! We all got to sit together and eat our "snacks" and we all caught up on what was going on in our respective lives while the kids did some catching up of their own -- we see them almost every time we go to WDW -- sometimes we drive up there, but more often tothey come over and meet up with us -- it's great that the kids are getting to know each other though! They even talk on the phone when we are planning our trips and sometimes email too.

Walking back thru Mousegears my family decided to call it a night and the others were talking about going to DQ, which DS#1 loves, but I was not pushing my luck with him.....rest for all was what was calling me and we went back to the hotel for the night.

Tomorrow we go to one of "those other parks".....Sea World!

faline
10-26-2009, 10:00 AM
Glad to hear your son was feeling better - albeit nor for the entire day!

It's always fun to catch up with relatives you don't get to see all that often!

You certainly took advantage of the Food & Wine festival offerings! Sounds yummy!

princessgirls
10-26-2009, 11:11 AM
Glad to hear a better day was on tap for your family!

Thanks for the report!

Julie:mickey:

stitchaholic
10-26-2009, 01:44 PM
so glad to hear that DS was feeling better,what a releif for you!

jillluvsdisney
10-26-2009, 07:09 PM
I really enjoyed reading your Food and Wine Festival report.

KylesMom
10-26-2009, 09:58 PM
on the way there is when the new rental car became not so new -- apparently DS neglected to tell anyone that his stomach was upset and christened the car. Ha, been there - done that! :D The PT Cruiser we had a few years ago was almost brand spanking new when DS got car sick on the way to the Kennedy Space Center. I'm so glad that both boys are now feeling better.

What a boatload of wonderful treats at EPCOT! Thanks for sharing another almost all fun day today! :mickey:

DizNee143
10-27-2009, 12:54 PM
glad to here your son was feeling much better..especially after the car incident! lol..sounds like you all had a wonderful and yummy time at epcot! :mickey:

Joannelet
10-27-2009, 01:13 PM
The lists of food you mentioned made me sooo hungry!! It sounds like you had a wonderful time at the F & W festival!! :)
Glad your son is feeling better after christening the car! Its sad when they are sick in Disney (the happiest place on earth) but it still sounds like they are having a great time! :)

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-28-2009, 02:36 PM
wow, you really sampled a lot of different cuisine today

pdrlkr
10-29-2009, 08:08 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: