PDA

View Full Version : Hess Station

fanofdisney
10-25-2009, 11:44 PM
How extensive is the grocery section of the Hess Station? Can I get cereal, milk, beer, water and some snacks?
Thanks

Strmchsr
10-26-2009, 07:32 AM
The only item on your list I'm not certain about is the cereal. The rest, yes, you can.

eam
10-26-2009, 08:32 AM
You can also get sandwiches and inexpensive pizzas. We always make it a little adventure when we go there. Enjoy!

DisneyFanaticDargon
10-26-2009, 08:38 AM
I'm not sure how cheap it is. Things on property tend to be overpriced in general.

If you've got a car and don't have a limitation on mileage just take 535 south to where it hits 192 and turn left (you can only turn left or right at this point) and SuperTarget is right there. Great prices.

jnfr2424
10-26-2009, 08:59 AM
You can also get sandwiches and inexpensive pizzas. We always make it a little adventure when we go there. Enjoy!

LOL I cannot believe you mentioned this - my DM was talking about this over the weekend and how she is looking forward to a sandwich from here!
Also why don't you just drive down the road some more and go to the Gooding's supermarket?

TinkerbellT421
10-26-2009, 09:58 AM
Really??? You can get beer at the Hess Station???
Can you get cases of beer there?

princessgirls
10-26-2009, 10:09 AM
Yes, you can get Beer there! They do sell Cereal. Not too much in selection, but I do remember DH coming back with Honey Nut Cheerios when we stayed off-site once.

Julie:mickey:

fanofdisney
10-26-2009, 03:32 PM
We have only stopped at Publix, but this time we want to get to our resort faster. Does Goodings have a decent selection of things? My problem is that after the flight, getting luggage and getting the car I am hungry then we stop at Publix and I buy WAY too much food and it ends up being a waste. I thought if I could go into a quick place close to or in the World I might do better. Maybe I should send my DH in to shop he would do much better sticking to a list but would get a bit frustrated trying to figure out a new store (in this house I do all the shopping:)) How about the Super Target DisneyFanaticDargon mentioned is that closer than Publix? I will need to google it for directions.

disneykid@hrt
10-26-2009, 08:01 PM
We stopped at the Hess station a few times on our last trip. It feels like you're back in the "real world." But we found the prices were about the same as you can find at home. DH's cigarettes were cheaper there than at home-actually. I left my shampoo and conditioner in Chicago on our way out of town-oops- and found some there for less than 5 bucks. Suave, I think. I saw cereal. We bought some chips and some Fuzes. Like I said buying food at a gas station is always a bit more expensive than from the grocery store- but we found the prices to be reasonable if you just want a little bit of stuff. And yeah, they have :beer: and a small selection of wine.

Seasonscraps
10-26-2009, 09:10 PM
We have only stopped at Publix, but this time we want to get to our resort faster. Does Goodings have a decent selection of things? My problem is that after the flight, getting luggage and getting the car I am hungry then we stop at Publix and I buy WAY too much food and it ends up being a waste. I thought if I could go into a quick place close to or in the World I might do better. Maybe I should send my DH in to shop he would do much better sticking to a list but would get a bit frustrated trying to figure out a new store (in this house I do all the shopping:)) How about the Super Target DisneyFanaticDargon mentioned is that closer than Publix? I will need to google it for directions.

I hear ya on the food shopping while hungry scenario - I end up getting the dopiest junk. :blush: Since you have a car, you could always grab a meal and go shopping after. I went to goodings once and recall that they had a really good selection. Goodings is right outside Disney property. I dont know if Publix or Target is closer.

jnfr2424
10-27-2009, 01:17 PM
The closest Publix address is 8145 Vineland Ave
Orlando, FL. Goodings is right there in Crossroads (next to DTD)