PDA

View Full Version : Leftover Birthday Cake in Park?

daisyhead
10-25-2009, 09:25 PM
We are planning to eat at Cinderella's Royal Table then go to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. We're going to special order a birthday cake in advance. We'd love to take it back to our room to have it the rest of our trip.

Will the restaraunt hold it for us? Or are we better off running it back to the CR and then going to the party?

Iluvpooh
10-25-2009, 09:33 PM
This may sound strange, but why not ask them to box it to go and store it in a locker?

daisyhead
10-25-2009, 09:37 PM
I think that is a good idea. I definitely want to take it, since there are only 3 of us and we're ordering a special cake, so I know we'll have a bit leftover.

I was wondering if they leave stuff at the front gate like they do packages? lol Guess a cake is different. :mickey:

gerald72
10-26-2009, 07:43 AM
I don't suppose that they would ship any sort of food what-so-ever to your resort, like any other package?

Jeri
10-26-2009, 07:48 AM
The only thing with putting it in a locker I would worry about would be if something was spilled in the locker above.
I mean it is something you intend to eat. If your only staying at the CR I would maybe run it back to your room since it is so close just to be safe. Or maybe one person in your party could judt run do it.
I don't know just a thought, maybe I am being too neurotic about it.:blush:

buzznwoodysmom
10-26-2009, 12:29 PM
Unless the cake box is seeled well I'd worry about ants getting in the locker. My kids had to do an art project for school one year for halloween. One of the kids used candy corn to decorate his project and the next day there were ants everywhere. Since your staying so close to MK it would probably be best to run back to the resort to put the cake in your room. Have a great trip!!!

magicofdisney
10-26-2009, 01:17 PM
I don't think you should leave it in a locker. They are not sealed and bugs have access to whatever's inside.

Since dessert comes with your meal, you may have more cake left over than intended (unless you skip the dessert) so I would plan a quick jaunt over to the room to drop off the cake. :mickey:

ElenitaB
10-26-2009, 08:02 PM
It's a matter of luck and it doesn't always happen, but I have heard of them boxing up the cake and keeping it at CRT until closing time. It's really not their policy but it does happen from time to time. Considering that you're staying at CR, it might well be worth having someone in your party head back to the resort and store it in your room fridge.