PDA

View Full Version : Calling Phantod!! Paging Phantod!!!

Ian
10-25-2009, 12:11 PM
Okay ... I tried to hold off ... I really did ... but I just can't help it.

You can't make statements like this:

The Dodgers one and done? Haaaaa, haaaaa. Good one. How about a 3 game sweep....and which team had the best pitching in the series.....could it be.....Satan, I mean Saint Louis....no, it was the Dodgers.

GO BLUE!! They'll clean house with the Phillies, should they make it....and then take care of business in NY.

Ian, what are you smokin'? How about Padilla in game 3? Yeah, they have a BIG problem with their pitching....and their hitting to. I'm pretty sure they'll never beat the Cards.....oh wait, they swept them in three.

You must be dwelling in a different universe than I.

GO Dodgers!!!

And then not come back and take your lumps after the fact.

Come on Phantod ... man up, dude. Man up!

gueli
10-25-2009, 11:25 PM
Ian,
I have to agree that not taking your lumps after a teams fall is not being true to their team or the other fans.
Take Miami - Jets, you didn't see me not willing to take it- I may have had to eat some wildcat pie, but I was there...
:beer:

Pagan
10-26-2009, 09:12 AM
Ian,
I have to agree that not taking your lumps after a teams fall is not being true to their team or the other fans.
Take Miami - Jets, you didn't see me not willing to take it- I may have had to eat some wildcat pie, but I was there...
:beer:
You're a good man Gueli...

Now let's see if Ian takes his lumps when my Yanks beat his Phillies. :D

Phantod
10-26-2009, 11:14 AM
Okay, the reason I backed off, Ian, was that you previously told me that since I hadn't joined in the earlier trash talk, that I shouldn't quote facts later.

Yeah, so the Dodgers lost. Get over it. It's just a stupid game anyway.

GO YANKEES!

gueli
10-26-2009, 03:36 PM
You're a good man Gueli...

Now let's see if Ian takes his lumps when my Yanks beat his Phillies. :D

Although we are jet/dolphins rivals,

and while I do not profess to be a true baseball fan, I have always rooted for the NY teams, and my Godfather (RIP) was a huge Yankees fan.
So I guess what I am saying is:
I am on your side Pagan,
Go Yankees
:number1:

Pagan
10-26-2009, 04:58 PM
Although we are jet/dolphins rivals,

and while I do not profess to be a true baseball fan, I have always rooted for the NY teams, and my Godfather (RIP) was a huge Yankees fan.
So I guess what I am saying is:
I am on your side Pagan,
Go Yankees
:number1:
:thumbsup:

Ian
10-26-2009, 06:18 PM
Now let's see if Ian takes his lumps when my Yanks beat his Phillies. :DWell I'm not sure what lumps I'd have to take, since I'm not exactly trash talking about the Phillies.

I think the Yankees will win, too, so I'm not really anticipating any lumps.

But listen ... I took my lumps when the Pens beat the Flyers last year. I support my teams good or bad and I certainly would never trash talk and then vanish off the face of the Earth if things didn't go my way.

Phantod
10-26-2009, 07:15 PM
Ian,

Must be nice have the ability to edit other peoples comments.

I didn't say that the Dodgers lost. I said that they "word that rhymes with duck", but starts with an 's'.

:D

Ian
10-26-2009, 07:44 PM
Ian,

Must be nice have the ability to edit other peoples comments.

I didn't say that the Dodgers lost. I said that they "word that rhymes with duck", but starts with an 's'.

:DHa ha ha ... that wasn't me ... that words a general no-no on INTERCOT, so it had to go!

PirateLover
10-26-2009, 08:25 PM
Phantod= Sore loser:cool:

Phantod
10-26-2009, 09:44 PM
Ah for the real days when baseball was worth while watching and following. I grew up with baseball in the 60's when it wasn't all about free agency and who can spend the most money.

Would I have liked to see LA get to the series? Sure. Is it that big of a deal? Nah, I don't watch baseball at all anymore, and in fact, can't name 5 people on the team. It gets interesting, a little, around playoff time, but I don't consider myself a sore loser....it ain't that big of a deal.

I've kind of written off professional sports anyway. Too much bad officiating, and jerks and steriods and the like to be hung up on a game.

I've got better things to get worked up about in my life. Like when is our next trip to DL or WDW. ;)

Oh, and Ian, while I realized my original word wasn't going to be used (when I did a preview, it was all asterisks), I sure didn't use the word "lose". I was happy with the asterisks. According to the post, you edited that word in.

Now with that said, let's all have a few :beer: and have a :party: and get on with life. The REAL life.

Hammer
10-26-2009, 09:57 PM
Actually, Richard, I am the one who put in the word lose. Ian and I were in the post to edit it at the same time. Intercot rules don't allow us to even leave the asterisks. I just couldn't think of a better term at the time.

Phantod
10-27-2009, 12:27 AM
Actually, Richard, I am the one who put in the word lose. Ian and I were in the post to edit it at the same time. Intercot rules don't allow us to even leave the asterisks. I just couldn't think of a better term at the time.

I apologize for leaving in the asterisks then. And it's not a big deal, at least to me. I just saw the text "Last edited by Ian; Today @11:28 AM." and assumed he had made the change. I'll behave myself in the future, no more asterisks....and just stay outta the sports threads.

Now, if we can get a thread on "LOST" and what the next season is going to bring, I'm all in.:thumbsup:

Pagan
10-27-2009, 11:27 AM
Now with that said, let's all have a few :beer: and have a :party: and get on with life. The REAL life.
Oh...you mean hockey! :D