PDA

View Full Version : Help! Airport security ID question

luvDaMouse
10-24-2009, 09:07 PM
Okay, I cant believe I did not think of this until now 5 days before we leave! My daughter is 17 when we leave for the world on 10/29 and she will turn 18 while we are there. She does not have a drivers license yet only her permit which does not have a picture. No passport, no picture Id at all. We will bring her birth certificate with us for the birthday fun card, but what about the return flight home??? I am in the process of checking on a photo Id from the local drivers license center ( a pa state id card) Is there any other way other than a state id card?? Help:confused:
Thanks,
Dana

wdwnomad
10-24-2009, 10:14 PM
At this point a state id is probably going to be your quickest solution and easiest solution. I am pretty sure you can get one within a day.

However, if you can't get one then I don't think all is lost. You can go through security without id. You will be subject to extra security but they should let you through.

sisterslovindisney
10-24-2009, 10:39 PM
You should be able to just walk right into the licenseplace and get a state id. I believe we needed a birth certificate to get one for my daughter. Also, does she happen to have a school id? That would possibly work.

Zippy 1
10-24-2009, 11:11 PM
If she has a school ID that will work. We just used my DD15 to go to Dallas and had no problems

TheRustyScupper
10-25-2009, 02:57 AM
If she has a school ID that will work. We just used my DD15 to go to Dallas and had no problems

1) No.
2) For an 18-yo, you need a govt picture ID.
3) Thems da rules.
4) As mentioend above, as state ID is a quick solution..