PDA

View Full Version : Just booked HRH for 5 nights.

PetefromRI
10-24-2009, 08:10 PM
We've never stayed onsite at US and we kind of wanted the RP but it was booked for the 3/2 special so we settled for HRH which I've heard is really nice.We may do 1 day at Seaworld since we've never seen all of that park.We will be staying Nov.8th-13th over Vets Day.Think it will be crowded?How is Emeril's at the Royal Pacific?Looking forward to CityWalk for something to do at night.Any advice from Universal veterans to a Disney fan.We've stayed at Disney many times but we went to US once and I really loved the thrill rides at IOA.We didn't do much at the Studios so this time we're going to see it all.We usually stay at Disney mods.How will this resort compare?It's just the bride and myself in our late 40's and we love rides and good food.

NJGIRL
10-26-2009, 09:44 AM
Take a look at "Somebody talk me into Universal" and "Universal Studio first time please help Plan" threads below. These may help you plan your days. Universal also has a nice web site where you can view short clips of some of the attractions.

Please let us know how you like the HRH when you get back. Have a great trip!

WDWFanatic
11-04-2009, 09:40 AM
We stayed at the HRH a few years back and loved it! No really food court, but it felt like a upscale vacation.

We usually stay at a value or mod at WDW so it was like staying at a deluxe.

The front of the line passes are great and being able to easily walk to the parks was a bonus.

Don't miss Jimmy Buffet's at Citiwalk. Great fun, and good food.

I think you'll really enjoy it.

StillSimbaGirl
11-09-2009, 08:17 PM
It's a really nice vacation...not as hectic as WDW. You don't need to plan it as carefully. You can normally get into whatever eatery you want with the theme parks. Emeril's at the RP is very, very good. Haven't eaten at the other location in city walk. The city walk restaurants can get pretty busy esp, the Jimmy Buffet inspired place.

I don't know if you have ever eaten at the Palm, which is the fancy place at the Hard Rock...but "The Palm" in NYC is famous for good reason.

Make sure you get your tix online from Universal - they are $99 per person for 6 or 7 days. Very inexpensive comparably.

If you are used to Disney Moderates, this will be a significant step up. These are truly 5 star resorts. Frankly, a bit nicer than a Disney Deluxe...although lacking the "Magic."