PDA

View Full Version : Healthier options

Bethis26fan
10-23-2009, 04:24 PM
What are some of the healthier options you have found in the 4 major theme parks QS & TS?

I know I want be 100% good :thedolls: there's just to many good things to eat, but I still would like to eat better a few meals.

mdhiggin
10-23-2009, 05:57 PM
I like the chicken plate with green beans and mashed potatoes at Cosmic Ray's. Other than that, I guess there's always a salad.

ElenitaB
10-23-2009, 06:55 PM
I'll run through the QS restaurants here:

Sunshine Seasons at Epcot's The Land pavillion has a wide variety of healthier alternatives. Our favorite there is the grilled salmon or rotisserie chicken with homey (but balanced) sides... large portions that could easily be shared.

And as much as I'm tempted by the chicken and ribs at Animal Kingdom's Flame Tree Barbecue, I almost always end up with their (very generous) fresh fruit and yogurt plate.

You can't go wrong at Wolfgang Puck Express.

At MK, Columbia Harbour House has an awesome tuna sandwich and a very tasty sandwich with hummus.

Last but not least, now that I'm no longer tempted by the gone-but-not-forgotten chicken strips at Backlot Express, I've come to really appreciate their grilled veggie sandwich.

And as mdhiggin says, there's always salads (some of which are pretty interesting).

EJS-Houston
10-23-2009, 10:57 PM
Our last several visits we've been very happy with the availability of veggie burgers throughout the counter service places in most (if not all) of the parks...plus the easy availability of fresh fruit (and really good fresh fruit) and veggie and cheese plates at the snack counters. With these options, lunch is always quick, good, relatively inexpensive and healthy.

stitchaholic
10-23-2009, 11:04 PM
hmmm,there's lot's of pineapple in a dolewhip

DisneyPrincess21
10-23-2009, 11:56 PM

I like the way you think! I am going with your "healthy eating plan" lol

Bethis26fan
10-24-2009, 07:54 AM

lol yea I am having one of them, now I know how to say it's ok to have it. lol