PDA

View Full Version : There's a SNAKE in the waterhole! Day 2

mudpuppysmom
10-23-2009, 12:20 PM
Day 2 began early as usual.....DS#2 is an early riser so promptly at 6:15 am we all were up. Today we had planned a breakfast at CM's only to be told the day before we left that our ADR was for PM, not AM. Well, a big thank you to Chef Brad and his manager at Saana for pulling the magic pixie dust string and getting us an ADR for today! Our ADR was for 8:20 and we were there before 8 am to check in. The place was pretty empty, so I guess the staff to guest ratio was why we couldn't get an ADR on our own. After getting our picure taken we were seated and proceeded to wait for over 10 minutes for our drinks! I took DS#1 up and got his plate along with DS#2's plate then got my own plate only to find still no juice to drink! Barbara our server seemed frazzled and the place was nowhere near busy! This became a theme with her service with us. Dirty plates on the table the entire meal and empty juice glasses.....a minimal tip was left after waiting 15 minutes for our bill along with four other tables! The food here was good and the characters were also good, but a little rushed. One thing I really enjoyed foodwise was the turkey hash!!! I could have eaten that everyday for breakfast!!!

We went back to the hotel and changed into our bathing suits and were off to BB before it opened. After activating our military salute tickets we set up base came near Tike Peak.

DH and DS#1 were off to seek thrills while DS#2 and I went to spalsh in the little kids pool area. He got bored pretty quickly in the little pool so we went down the waterslide together....I picked him up just before we hit the bottom and the giant rush of water than hits you -- so he would not drown! He liked that so I took him up to the other little slides and this was where the day started to decline.....somehow his leg got stuck under and behind him, which I picked him up right away, but he would not put any weight on his leg, so we returned to base camp where I decided lunch was ready for him.....PBJ, pita chips and a few terra chips was what he was eating when DS#1 skipped up and announced it was my turn. I told DH what had happened and he picked up DS#2 and then they played in the sand. I was off with DS#1 to the wave pool then the lazy river. Here is where it all went south! As we stepped onto the steps for the lazy river up swam a snake! A tiny snake, but a snake nonetheless!!! I grabbed DS and out we went, as everyone else just looked at it and kept going! So we did a few other slides before returning to the l lazy river! As we were about to get out DS said hopefully the snake was gone and the lifeguard heard him! He said "you saw a snake? In the water?!?!?!" I indicated yes we had and put up my had as to how big (small) it was and off he ran to the phone and the hunt was now on for this oversized worm of a snake. I don't know what kind it was, but any snake is an alarm for them. After finishing up a bunch of slides and the kid area as I called it (the zip line, the ice bergs, etc) we hit Slush Gusher. I would ask that if you are reading this, please don't watch people getting off this slide....they are a little busy with the wedgie they just got!

Now it was time to head back home to clean up and head to MGM.

I screwed up yesterdays dinner so yesterdays dinner goes here and what we really ate is here:
Saana at Kidani Village. Upon arrival at the village we parked at the Zazu area, which apparently is in the back of the hotel. We walked thru the hotel and out near one of the viewing areas DS#2 got a drum lesson before going oute and having a nice chat with Gaone, a very nice CM who we chatted about her home life and the animals. It had rained, so no one was really outside looking at the animals, so we talked for quite a while. We checked in for dinner before our 6:20 ADR time and were seated within 5 minutes. I was thinking this was going to be similar to Jiko, but it was not really. Chef Chappy promptly came out to address DS#2's dietary restrictions and he accommodated very well. The Chef came out and made sure we all got our food as ordered and also to make sure we were enjoying the meal, something you don't usually get from TS places. DS had hummus, fruit and basmati rice with green beans on the side (he ended up no eating these). Chef Chappy was surprised at how DS ate the hummus with his "spoon" of naan bread and sucked up the rice! DH had the halibut and said it was good. DS#1 had chicken with rice pilaf, which he didn't like and Chef Chappy replaced with basmati rice, which DS did like. I had the beef ribs and shrimp in green curry which I could have eaten more of! For dessert we had: DH: chai creme and pressed pot coffee, DS#1 had chocolate cake, and I had the orange sesame cake which was a little dry, but yummy. I didn't write down our servers name, but he was good to us and we left him a nice tip.

Now back to Day 2 after that mix up.....we were off to MGM in the drizzle......As we walked up to bag check it started to pour so we put on ponchos before going thru the turnstiles.

After grabbing our traditional brownies and the sweets store.....we were off to seek TSM....no FP and the line was 90 minutes -- we'll come back. No shows left for LMA so onto Muppets we went. Afterwards we walked back past TSM and it was 70 minutes, still a no....we walked to GMR and went thru our tour of the movies -- a great ride! Then onto the Animation area.....we stumbled upon the place where you can draw with an animator and drew Eeyore!!! It was a very fun experience and something that DS#1 wanted to do again, but it was starting to get late and he still wants to do TSM.....so this time we wait, 60 minutes, no joke.......I had no idea Mr. Potatah head was from Pittsburgh......we say Potatah here, does anyone else say it that way??? We chatted with a nice family from TN who we informed that FP was free.....she had no idea! The mom was thrilled to learn that little tidbit and asked us a bunch of other questions about things and we helped them out thanks to all the wonderful info we have learned thru this site and our trips!

After TSM it was time to head home for the night but not before we looked at the pin shop under the hat -- we saw some new pins that just came out that day......they are called DeeBee's? I had never heard of these things but the CM informed me that they shadows cast on the ground at MK at night?? Anyone know what these things are?

Tomorrow is when the "storm" hits our vacation

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-23-2009, 01:10 PM
Sounds like fun if you take the snake out:)

Ms. Mode
10-23-2009, 01:26 PM
Snakes:ack:

The Abiding Dude
10-23-2009, 02:08 PM
"Snakes...Why did it have to be snakes?":cowboy:

BigThunderFan
10-23-2009, 02:18 PM
Dear God Almighty, do not let my DW ever see a snake in WDW as we will never be able to go back again... :(

senderella
10-23-2009, 03:27 PM
That same little snake was there two years ago. I, of course abruptly stopped (the best you can in the lazy river) while the rest of my party moves on. On our second round, the little snake had slithered up the embankment. Guess he was just trying the "cross the road". Since then, I no longer relax in the "lazy" river, I am too busy looking for the snake.

faline
10-23-2009, 05:51 PM
Other than the little snake, it was a most enjoyable day!

Hope your son's leg was okay?

stitchaholic
10-24-2009, 10:21 AM
i am enjoying the reports !

mouseketeer mom
10-24-2009, 11:08 AM
Snake!! Ahhh!!!
We loved Sanaa on our last trip. It was one of our favorite meals that we've ever had at WDW. Thanks for the report!

jillluvsdisney
10-24-2009, 05:56 PM
A snake ? Really ? OMG:ack::thedolls::sick:

pdrlkr
10-25-2009, 09:24 AM
Thanks for the Report! :balloon:

princessgirls
10-26-2009, 10:23 AM
Snakes...oh my!!! Who knew they liked the lazy river???

How did your son make out with his leg?

Other than a few mishaps at BB, a good day. Thanks for sharing!

Julie:mickey:

DizNee143
10-27-2009, 11:51 AM
sounds like a pretty nice day at BB and MGM..
cant believe how crazy the CM went over a little snake..