PDA

View Full Version : Stroller on plane?

minnie-mouse
10-22-2009, 08:21 AM
Do airlines still allow you to bring your stroller right up to the plane when you board?

LittleRoosMommy
10-22-2009, 08:51 AM
Yes, most airlines allow this. We always take the strollers up to the gate and check them there. It's so much easier than trying to carrying the bags and the kids!

If you're worried about it though, you could always call your airline and double check before you get to the airport.

Hope you have a great trip!!!

BigRedDad
10-22-2009, 10:03 AM
Yes, I believe all airlines allow you to take a stroller up to the loading gate. However, I am not sure what airlines are doing now with them. The last time I flew in November of last year, our stroller was considered a "checked bag" because it was going under the plane. For those airlines that are charging for checked bags, I would verify their policies before you get an unexpected surprise charge.

Disney Doll
10-22-2009, 11:45 AM
We do this all the time with SW. No fee. They take it at the gate and retrieve it at our layovers.

I use a stroller bag. I think that's a good idea because things can get pretty dirty or scuffed up in the cargo area of a plane and if you have any detachable accessories the bag keeps everything together no matter how jostled it gets. My bag was like $12 at BRU and it has been invaluable. Always get other families asking where I got it.

Belster
10-22-2009, 12:54 PM
We fly both American and United and both allow it with no fee. We use a huge double and they never charge. I just called a few days ago to double check and American is still not charging.

BigThunderFan
10-23-2009, 01:36 PM
That is a great point to call and make sure they aren't charging as a checked bag now. We have always done this too and never considered that possibility.:confused:

disneykid@hrt
10-23-2009, 05:50 PM
I haven't been charged for my stroller yet- we've flown ATA, Delta, and SW with the babe. They just put the strollers with the other carry-ons that are too large for the overheads under the plane. They give you a tag at the gate when you give them your boarding pass.

On our trip down to WDW there were about 20 other people with strollers and they were bringing them up one at a time at the end of the flight. It's like HURRY-UP WE HAVE ADR's PEOPLE!!

I don't know how anyone could manage without a stroller! I've even seen people with wheel they can attach to their car seats. Pretty cool-especially for the big honking car seats!:cool:

thumperbug
10-24-2009, 07:13 PM
Stroller goes with us down the gangway and taken as we get on the plane. retrieved as we get off the plane. Our strolled made 7 round trips with no damage but always ended up damp from condensation. Last time I invested $10 for stroller cover. I like it and I think it was easier for the handlers. Didn't have to worry about it springing open.

Our travel stroller is invaluable to us. My DS is 7but small and just like any child gets tired and his feet hurt a lot quicker then the rest of us so it works out great for him. It also helps us move through crowds quicker.