PDA

View Full Version : Maximum occupancy

Sunshine1010
10-21-2009, 11:17 PM
What resorts will hold 2 adults and 3 children in one room?

Goofy4TheWorld
10-21-2009, 11:21 PM
What are the ages of the children? (it makes a big difference in answering this question)

Sunshine1010
10-21-2009, 11:27 PM
5, 5, 8

Goofy4TheWorld
10-21-2009, 11:50 PM
Do you have a general idea of what you are interested in? For example, are you interested in value for your money, two bathrooms instead of one, do you want a kitchen?

There are several options for 5 people at Disney, but all of them come at a premium price. So what's most important to you, price, location/convenience, space, etc...?

Two connecting rooms at a Value resort, or one Trundle Bed Room at Port Orleans or one room at many of the Deluxe resorts (which allow 5 per room) come to mind as the quick answers, but it depends on your priorities.

gueli
10-22-2009, 02:17 AM
dont forget the wilderness cabins.

also consider - can you rent points from a DVC owner ? it might make sense.

Sunshine1010
10-22-2009, 03:14 AM
Thanks everyone. My family may go from 3 to 5 (not sure yet)....and because all this is new to me...'maximum occupancy' is a totally new thing to me!!! he he

Thanks to a certain person in Colorado who is giving me loads of info. You're priceless!

I thought about adjoining rooms, but I've heard that if you asked for that...it couldn't be guaranteed.

What am I interested in? Value.

I am a DVC member, but sometimes we go to Disney on other promotions...so I just wanted to know the options.

Everyone is so great here on Intercot. Thank you so much!!

Jeri
10-22-2009, 08:50 AM
I think if you have more kids then adults and you get 2 rooms that they will be connected because they will not put kids in a room alone far away, or split the family up.
I could be wrong, but this is what I have heard.

buzznwoodysmom
10-22-2009, 08:53 AM
For your family of 5 you could stay in

1. two rooms at a value resort or moderate resort. I think when children are involved they try their best to have your rooms connecting.

2. suite at value resort (All Star Music-I think)

3. Port Orleans Riverside with trundle bed.

4. Jr. suite at Coronado.

5. Ft. Wilderness Cabin.

6. Many of the deluxe resorts sleep 5 in a standard room, Poly, Grand Floridian, Contemporary, Beach Club, Yatch Club, Boardwalk Inn.

7. Book a DVC room through Disney or rent points from a member.

8. If you or your spouse are military you can stay at Shades of Green.

9. A bit pricy, but I think both AKL and WL have suites that would sleep 5.

I am sure there are more options I am forgetting, but as you can see there are plenty of options at all different price ranges. Good luck finding something that fits all your needs!

Mitzie
10-22-2009, 12:56 PM
We are also a family of 5. I think in all of our research, POR with the trundle bed was our least expensive option. At WL, we could all fit in one of the jr. suites, but two standard rooms can end up cheaper. Yes, with two adults and kids, they guarantee connecting rooms.

TammiMcMan
10-22-2009, 04:46 PM
Unfortunately, there is no way to guarantee connecting rooms (makes no difference that there are 2 adults and 3 children). Chances are very good that you will get a connecting room at a value, but Disney management will not stand behind a "guarantee".

Maxwell
10-22-2009, 05:35 PM
What about a cabin at Fort Wilderness?