PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice on Coronado Springs

wendybird
10-21-2009, 05:38 PM
Opinions please! The pictures and ammentities of CS surely look like the most "deluxe" of the moderates, but I have always been detered by it's size and fear of getting a room WAY OUT there (especially traveling with young ones). However, I just read about the Business Club Level offered. It guaranties location in building 9B and has lounge with continental breakfast, snacks etc for not too much more. I am seriuosly considering going for this, as it seems like a great location and recreation at this resort looks pretty great for my husband and son. Seems like a great opportunity for "almost deluxe" for little more than moderate. Anyone stayed there? . . . help.:confused:

stitchaholic
10-21-2009, 07:03 PM
i stayed there alone with my 2 kids (7 and 9) and we loved it,especially the dig site pool, we were in 9B rancheros and it was right by the pool/arcade, there was a bar and snacks available at the pool.
there are 4 busstops,so there is never a long walk to a busstop.
we always got ready in the AM, then went to the main building and left from there.
we loved the grounds there though, beautiful, with the beach,hammocks,bridges and gardens,the flowers smell so good.
we only ever ate there in the mornings,we always are out elsewhere for supper and snacks.
always enjoyed a frozen drink by the pool though.:marg:

faline
10-21-2009, 07:05 PM
I have greatly enjoyed a few stays at Coronado Springs. One of the things I most enjoyed about this resort is that it does have more of the features typically found in a Deluxe. I would certainly recommend a stay here!

PetefromRI
10-21-2009, 08:02 PM
When we first got back from CSR I had posted that we wouldn't stay here again because of the size.We got put way back in the Ranchos area.The resort is beautiful and it had,in my opinion,the best pool area in Disney including Storm-Along-Bay which had too many people in a fenced off area and it closed to early.Now that time has passed we have thought about staying here again because it was so relaxing and if your on the meal plan the Pepper Market is the only way to go for a CS meal otherwise it's a little pricey.If you can swing a room at the Cabanas I'd go for it.The busses run more consistently with alot less people on them plus they have a Health Club and Beauty Salon on site like a deluxe.I say go for it.

buzznwoodysmom
10-21-2009, 08:13 PM
We stayed at CSR two years ago for Thanksgiving week and loved it. It was a very, very nice resort for the price. We were located in the Cabanas section, 9B I think and it was not too far from anything. The dig site pool was a very pleasant walk, as was the bus stop. The only thing that felt kind of far was the foodcourt/gift shop area, but very doable. We stayed at CBR this past June and we feel that for the money CSR is sooooo much better.

wendybird
10-21-2009, 10:08 PM
I forgot to add that for the price of a moderate, you get two QUEEN BEDS and ROOM SERVICE. Has anyone actually stayed in the Business Club Level? How is the LOCATION? What offerings do they have for the Continental breakfast and afternoon snacks?

jmj18
10-21-2009, 11:21 PM
I have to agree. We stayed here several years ago and LOVED it. The grounds are big but so relaxing. The pool is fantastic and the rooms are a good size.

buzz2001
10-22-2009, 05:53 AM
The business club level rooms are not available to the general public. They are only offered to conventions that book them to go with the lounge. You could get a room in 9b if no convention has booked them but not the lounge.

Check out my homepage by clicking on my name. Lots of CSR info!

We stayed in 9b in Feb 09. You get a few extra H2O products, robes, a dvd player and tile in the bathroom / sink area.

Disney Doll
10-22-2009, 11:33 AM
We stayed in the Casitas and never felt too far from anything. I guess were were a ways from the pool and playground, but the resort is so beautiful that the walks were never a bother. CSR is my favorite moderate and we are planning to stay there again on our next trip.

thrillme
10-22-2009, 01:57 PM
I was not a big fan of CSR. Everything was so far apart and the food court was TERRIBLE...The Maya Grill wasn't too bad...The bar closed EARLY at the main pool and the nearest bar seemed to be a mile away.

I guess it's pretty to walk around but I've already walked my feet to nubs at the parks. Once I get to the hotel I want either the pool or my bed.

On the positive note. Queen beds were nice and the busses were fairly well scheduled.

buzz2001
10-22-2009, 02:02 PM
WALK
The distance around the whole lake is just under a mile (.97 miles).

Walking Distances
From El Centro moving clockwise around the lake path to:
Casitas 3 = .16 miles
Casitas 4 = .24 miles
Casitas 5 = .27 miles
Ranchos = .46 miles

From El Centro to the Dig Site, via the bridge near the Cabanas = .35 miles

From El Centro moving counterclockwise around the lake to:
Cabanas 9B = .16 miles
Cabanas 9A/8B = .22 miles
Cabanas 8A = .31 miles
Rancho 7b = .35 miles

Each village has its own bus stop.

The pool bar closes at 7pm because it has to close one hour prior to the lifeguards going off duty.

KatMark
10-22-2009, 11:05 PM
I find the walks overexaggerated at both the Coronado (CSR) and the Caribbean (CBR). We had a long walk to get from our room at the Contemporary to get to the elevator to get downstairs to get to the pool. My best friend stayed at the AKL and his walk from his room to the pool/food court was longer than the walk from the Ranchos section of the Coronado to the convention center (the longest distance between anything at the CSR). The biggest difference is you are walking OUTSIDE as opposed to inside. Outside it is warm/hot or possibly rainy; inside it is dark, dampy and dry (I also found that with the interior hallways it was a lot noisier and kids ran up and down the halls more and the sound carried).

The CSR is a beautiful resort (we've stayed eight times) and we have never looked back after having stayed at deluxes prior to that.

wendybird
10-22-2009, 11:35 PM
The business club level rooms are not available to the general public. They are only offered to conventions that book them to go with the lounge. You could get a room in 9b if no convention has booked them but not the lounge.

Check out my homepage by clicking on my name. Lots of CSR info!

We stayed in 9b in Feb 09. You get a few extra H2O products, robes, a dvd player and tile in the bathroom / sink area.

Now I'm really confused. I called Disney Reservations and was told that there was no such room type. Then, after viewing the official website and finding the pricing for Standard Room - Club Level, I called Disney Reservations again with that info. Then I was told you can indeed book that room type, but I was told that the club rooms are just standard rooms with access to the lounge - she said they were not in any specific location. WHAT?! How does that work? I am really interested in the Club Level, but not unless it is in a prefferred location (such as 9B). HELP :confused:

buzz2001
10-23-2009, 07:37 AM
Regular guests can not book a business club level room. All you have to concern yourself with is whether or not you want a standard or waterview room. Then tell them you would like to request cabana 9b. If during your trip 9b is not booked by a convention group, you could end up in one of those rooms but you will not have access to the lounge unless its via pixie dust from a CM and a convention group has it booked. Otherwise, it will not even be staffed.

They originally intended those rooms to be open to he public but the cost to operate the lounge would make the cost of the rooms the same as a deluxe resort and who would want to pay those prices for a moderate.

buzz2001
10-23-2009, 07:39 AM
I find the walks over exaggerated at both the Coronado (CSR) and the Caribbean (CBR).I agree. At some of the deluxe resorts, your walk can be just as long, just inside. The BW is a perfect example.

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-23-2009, 12:41 PM
We stayed at CSR in 2005 and we enjoyed it well enough...we liked Pepper Market and the bus stops are failry efficient...we had decided that the price difference between moderate and values weren't worth it and went back to values last trip....BUT now CSR has queen beds so I think we will be moving back there next trip...I can't really advise on the business class:mickey:

Mitzie
10-27-2009, 08:52 AM
(I also found that with the interior hallways it was a lot noisier and kids ran up and down the halls more and the sound carried).

My DH would agree with you...last year we did the split between POR and BC starting at POR. My DH said it was much more quiet at POR, we could hear kids yelling and running up and down the halls at BC.

Disney Doll
10-27-2009, 12:36 PM
I find the walks overexaggerated at both the Coronado (CSR) and the Caribbean (CBR).

So true! We just stayed at AKL and our walk was a lot further than we ever experienced at CBR or CSR. It was nice that the walk was air conditioned since it was Sept, but really I'd rather enjoy the landscaped paths at CSR to hallway after hallway of carpet and wallpaper.

Yvette
10-29-2009, 05:22 PM
We stayed at CSR for two nights and then a week at the Poly in June. My 2 cents:

We LOVED CSR! Beautiful, beautiful grounds, nice quiet pool right outside of our room. Very pretty room with resort bedding (softer than the Poly BTW).

Our walk at the Poly was much farther than CSR and when it rained (EVERY bloody day we were there!) we were able to find more shelter at CSR than at the Polynesian.

Also, the bus service was better at CSR as well.

CSR is our new favorite!

(Oh and the bar at CSR was great to boot! :marg: )

BluewaterBrad
10-31-2009, 10:36 AM
Just got back the 30th of Oct. Again we were "way out", but 50 yds from our bus stop. The resort is huge, but the redo is amazing! The walk to El Centro might be a bit much with little kids, but for us we love the 15 min walk! Good luck!:mickey:

AllDisney
10-31-2009, 12:41 PM
We enjoyed our stay at CSR very much. The grounds were beautiful. I'd would stay there again in a heart beat. Enjoy:thumbsup:

Belle94
11-01-2009, 07:23 PM
We enjoyed our stay at CSR. Great pool and the walk to the bus was shorter than we had at the Wilderness Lodge. If you really are concerned about the size, the only small moderate is POFQ. We did not like the Pepper Market but other than that we loved it and will probably be staying there again in April.