PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Christmas Parade Taping

MaxPower
10-21-2009, 04:56 PM
Does anyone know when the Christmas Parade will be taped at the Magic Kingdom this year?

I have read various postings stating that it will be the first weekend of December- but nothing seems to be specific regarding date and time.

Is the Magic Kingdom crazy on taping day? Are any attractions shut down on that day because of the taping? Are people turned away?

I have read that it may be taped on Friday, Dec 4th, Saturday Dec 5th or Sunday Dec 6th.

Does anyone have any definitive information yet? Based on what I've seen, isn't it very difficult to enter or exit the park if you happen to be there on Taping Day?

phlo8810
10-21-2009, 07:05 PM
We were there for that last year. It was the first saturday in december I think. The park was tough to get around in because certain streets and walkways were closed but once you got deep in the park you didnt notice anything different. My wife stalked kelly rippa the entire day. I actually felt bad for them taping and saying the same things over and over again all day.

Joannelet
10-21-2009, 07:46 PM
Its Dec. 4th and 5th this year.
Its very crowded. I've been there once before and will be there again this year. Its alot of fun though.

Mr. Stitch
10-22-2009, 06:33 PM
It is busy. But once you get past Main street it is much better. Plus as the floats come out they tend to sit in one place for a LONG time while the get set to tape that part of the parade. You can get some great pics. We had Giselle parked by the X-mas shop for sometime. We arrived early last year and there was a VERY, VERY LONG line for those that wanted to be in the parade. The usher all others past Main Street quickly.

DisneyPrincess21
10-22-2009, 09:52 PM
It is going to be december 3,4&5 thursday, friday, and saturday this year. That is straight from disney. No word yet on the celebrity performers

pox24
10-23-2009, 03:28 PM
Last year my sister and I just walked in on Sat, which turned out to be the last day of taping. With no hassle or trouble we were right on the corner of Main St just to the left of Regis and Kelly, maybe 30 feet or so. They shot us for cameos and low and behold there we both were in living color on Christmas morning. The family went nuts. Not only once but twice, in full screen too. Afterwards as they disassembled everything on Main St. we walked up to the castle and had a front row seat to the Miley Cyrus rehearsal and taping. If I had to do it again, I would go back right after lunch on the last day of taping and try it again. It was awesome.