PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading tickets?

fanofdisney
10-21-2009, 03:15 PM
I have purchased tickets for our trip in Jan and after more planning I think I should have purchased 1 more day. Do I need to just deal with it or can I add a day to the tickets? If I can add a day how do I go about it? I should also mention I didn't purchase them directly through Disney will that make a difference?

BMan62
10-21-2009, 03:31 PM
Depending on the length of your current ticket (must be under 10 days) and any 'package' you may be on (the new package offerings seem to be directly linked - room reservation to park days) this should not be a problem.

However, you may have to go to a ticket booth to do it. I've never tried to upgrade a ticket before, so do not know exactly what the procedure is.

WRWDisney
10-21-2009, 05:20 PM
One thing to note. If you bought your tickets for less than face value, make certain that you use them once before you add the extra day. They way they are set-up, is that they will be worth what you paid for them (if unused) but worth face value once they are used. Weird, but true.

We ran into this in June when we upgraded 4 + 3 tickets to AP's; it was worth it to walk in the gate and then right back out.

Have a great trip:thumbsup:

fanofdisney
10-21-2009, 06:28 PM
Thank you, how weird though:confused: Did you purchase yours from the company here at Intercot?

CleveRocks
10-21-2009, 08:50 PM
Yes ... strange but TOTALLY true ... if you bought your tickets from an authorized ticket wholesaler at any sort of discounted price (comapred with Disney's gate price), make sure you wait to upgrade the ticket until after you've used it at least once. This way, you'll only pay the normal $3 + tax extra for that one extra day. If you upgrade before the ticket has been used, you'll not only pay that $3 but you'll also have to pay the difference between your discounted price (the price you paid for the ticket) and the full gate price. Like I said, strange but true.

You can upgrade at any time (after you first use it). You can even wait to upgrade until the ticket is all used up, if you really want to. As long as you do it before the ticket is 14 days from the first use of the ticket, you're fine.

You can do it at a park ticket booth or Guest Services. You can also do it at Guest Services at Downtown Disney. You can also do it at the Transportation & Ticket Center. And you can also do it at your Disney resort's Lobby Concierge desk (if you're staying at that resort).

fanofdisney
10-21-2009, 09:04 PM
How Awesome. Thank you:thanks:

jnfr2424
10-30-2009, 11:16 PM
OK now I have MYW park hopper passes for 6 days when I go on my upcoming vacation. I am considering to upgrade my tickets to AP. I know I can do it but what will I be charged - the difference or the full price of an AP ticket?

CleveRocks
10-31-2009, 06:36 AM
OK now I have MYW park hopper passes for 6 days when I go on my upcoming vacation. I am considering to upgrade my tickets to AP. I know I can do it but what will I be charged - the difference or the full price of an AP ticket?
I'm not trying to be sarcastic, but if you UPGRADE your 6-day passes to APs, if you were to be charged the full price for the AP rather than the difference, then why in the world would you upgrade? Why wouldn't you just hold onto the 6-day passes and buy the APs outright if it would cost the same as upgrading???

You will be charged the difference between
the price of the ticket and the price of the AP.

If you booked the ticket as part of a package, a 6-day base ticket cost you $231. An AP costs $489. So to upgrade to an AP, in this example, will cost you $258.

Did you already buy the 6-day pass from a discounter, or is it part of a package that you booked? If you already have the ticket in-hand from a discounter, then please follow the advice from an earlier post and use the ticket at least once during your trip before upgrading ... this will save you a few bucks.

jnfr2424
11-01-2009, 12:06 PM
I'm not trying to be sarcastic, LOL No I don't think your being sarcastic otherwise I would have never asked!

Did you already buy the 6-day pass from a discounter, or is it part of a package that you booked?
The 6-day pass is part of the package I booked. The reason I am thinking of upgrading is because I am already planning 2 short trips for next year to DW as well as our annual Thanksgiving vacation.

Thanks for your tips!

CleveRocks
11-01-2009, 07:02 PM
The 6-day pass is part of the package I booked. The reason I am thinking of upgrading is because I am already planning 2 short trips for next year to DW as well as our annual Thanksgiving vacation.

Thanks for your tips!
Great! So you can upgrade at any time. Since the ticket is part of your package, you don't have to wait to use it first before upgrading. Of course, you CAN upgrade after you first use the ticket ... I'm just saying that in your case it won't matter either way.

You won't be able to do it at your resort ... they can handle "normal" ticket upgrades but they can't touch APs. You can go to any ticket booth ... theme park, water park, Transportation & Ticket Center, guest relations at Downtown Disney ... ANY of those places will be able to process your upgrade in just a few minutes' time.:mickey:

Iluvpooh
11-02-2009, 09:40 AM
We added an extra day to our stay last year. It is super easy, just go to the front desk and tell them you want to add a day, then pay the difference. In our case the difference was around $12 for 2 adults and 2 kids. FYI_You will need to pay for the upgrade right then. They will not let you charge it to your room. So, take some cash or credit card to the desk with you.