PDA

View Full Version : Best sunrise views

Disneysurprise
10-21-2009, 10:44 AM
This is our first time at WDW, and one of the things we typically like to bring back from trips are pictures of the sunrises at various locales. Any one have an idea of where a good place to view the sunrise might be? We're staying at AKV but don't mind getting up early to head to another resort, park or some place off-site...

TIA:mickey:

faline
10-21-2009, 11:39 AM
Good question! Hopefully, folks will be along soon with some answers for you!

As for me - I'm on vacation and usually I'm asleep while sunrise is occurring!

diz_girl
10-21-2009, 12:46 PM
You could probably get some good sunrise views from either the CR and WL. They both have eastward views on Bay Lake. The GF has an easterly view over Seven Seas Lagoon. I would also think that the sunrise from Sunset Point at the Poly must be nice too.

Another place off-site might be at Disney's Wilderness Preserve. You can Google it. It's located at the southern part of Kissimmee, at Lake Russell, south of Lake Tohopekaliga. Interesting Fact - Reedy Creek at WDW flows into Lake Russell. I haven't been there myself, but I plan to visit it on my next trip to WDW. I think that the approach to the lake has an easterly view. Here's a description:

'The Nature Conservancy's Disney Wilderness Preserve is a remarkable place to experience natural Florida. Located just south of Orlando, the preserve protects the headwaters of the Everglades ecosystem. This 12,000-acre preserve is an innovative model of ecological restoration and one of the largest off-site wetlands mitigation projects ever undertaken in the United States.

The preserve is bordered by Lake Russell, one of the last remaining undeveloped lakes in central Florida. It is also home to hundreds of wildlife species, many of which are rare, such as bald eagles, Florida scrub-jays, sandhill cranes and gopher tortoises.

A hiking trail is available to visitors who want to learn about the preserve’s resident plants and animals and the Conservancy’s efforts to restore and protect them.'

Ms. Mode
10-21-2009, 01:41 PM
We stayed at AKL the last time and early morning is great, you have the savannah view with the animals just waking up, and they feed them...it's very peaceful too. :thumbsup: