PDA

View Full Version : Which ADR would you get rid of?

hope23
10-20-2009, 11:13 PM
I had lots of fun making ADRs and realized that I have one more reservation than allotted for our Dining Plan (and we don't want to do a TS out of pocket). So... which of these restaurants would you get rid of? Our group consists of DW, DH, DS 4 and DS 5. Thanks!

Chef Mickey's - breakfast
Whispering Canyon - dinner
Teppan Edo - dinner
50's Prime Time Cafe - lunch
Donald's Safari - breakfast
Boma - dinner
'Ohana - dinner
Crystal Palace - breakfast

the other micki
10-20-2009, 11:27 PM
Considering the ages of your kids, I would probably get rid of either Boma, Teppan Edo or maybe 50's PTC.

SBETigg
10-21-2009, 12:31 AM
I would bump the 50s Primetime lunch or Crystal Palace (isn't that closing for refurbishment anyway?). Or one of the breakfasts.

I definitely would not lose Boma, Teppan Edo, or 'Ohana.

disneykid@hrt
10-21-2009, 12:54 AM
Keep Donald's Safari BFast. We just went last week and LOVED it. The character interaction is good, too.

Belster
10-21-2009, 01:10 AM
I may not be the norm but CP is just horrible. I will never take my family there again. I am not one to complain and actually have NEVER had a bad experience at WDW except for at CP....dirty, gross food, bad service, bad character interaction, in my po.

Sorry to be so negative!! All of your other choices are very yummy though!

cather74
10-21-2009, 07:07 AM
I disagree with the CP reviews. It's always been beautiful for breakfast and we consider it not to be missed. I'd get rid of the lunch. Lunch is a good time to get some counter service so you can keep going.:thumbsup:

Ms. Mode
10-21-2009, 08:46 AM
Well, with little guys like yours; I'd drop the Teppan E stuff.....:ack:

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-21-2009, 08:50 AM
I know I'm probably in the minority, but I would loose Chef Mickey's. We had our worst meal ever in WDW ... it was loud, we waited way beyond our ADR time, the food was OK, and the character interaction wasn't as good as at the other breakfasts.

Quite seriously though, you have a lot of sit-down breakfasts (and Tusker House and Crystal Palace are just fabulous in my family's opinion) and they take up a lot of time in the AM, when park touring is the best, I would cut one of them.

vicster
10-21-2009, 09:14 AM
Teppan Edo! We ate there for the first and last time in September. Tough steak and dry chicken.

sassy2000
10-21-2009, 09:21 AM
You've got some great reservations. I can see why you are asking for help on which one to cancel. I would cancel one of your breakfasts, probably CP. Tusker house breakfast is fantastic. Haven't done Chef Mickey breakfast but have done dinner and the character interaction is great.

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-21-2009, 12:33 PM
That's a hard one...if it were me I would lose one of the breakfasts...but with the smaller kids you want to drop 50's for lunch.....

DizneyRox
10-21-2009, 12:42 PM
Dropping a breakfast or lunch is your best value. Breakfast probably more so. I'd drop CP as well, never appealed to me. Donalds is spectacular though, I wouldn't miss that (nor would I use DDP to pay for it).

I would think that the 50's would be fun for those ages, depending on the server.

bruin1344
10-21-2009, 01:04 PM
i am not a table service breakfast person so i would drop one of those. Cant give you one in particular because never tried any of your 3.

If you want to keep all 3 breakfasts, Ive only eaten at Teppan Edo and 50s on the list. 50s was mediocre and I love Teppan Edo so I would vote 50s off unless ppl in your party prefer american cuisine over japanese.

cer
10-21-2009, 01:14 PM
If it were us we'd drop Boma - based on the food. Done it twice and it just does not appeal to our taste. Boma lovers, don't hate me.....

The other posters are right about losing early morning crowd-free park time to sit down breakfasts. Something to consider.

You also have quite a few character meals listed. Our family is pretty much done with these as our children are older and don't HAVE to do characters. Our first trip we did two, then next two trips we have only had one character meal, and this time, well, I am making no promises. It gets tiring to be interrupted over and over again while you are trying to eat. But then again, that is just us. And my little kids are now big kids (8 and 11 - when did that happen?!?!?)

Teppan Edo is going to be a more "grown-up" dining experience, as will Boma....that may also be something worth considering.

Ok, enough rambling, I am sure I have not helped at all, but those are my thoughts....

With kiddos ages 4 and 5, you are going to have an awesome trip no matter where you eat!

Gator
10-21-2009, 06:47 PM
Teppan Edo should be dumped. Kids aren't going to be reall cool with that one.

lighteningqueen
10-21-2009, 07:03 PM
CP has a great breakfast
Mickeys not so good
Boma has weird food
Why don't you do Sci Fi for the kids. Food is ok but atmosphere may appeal to the kids.
Tusker the best on your list for Breakfast
Wouldn't the kids like watching someone cutting up food and cooking it in front of them. I heard it is entertaining?

phlo8810
10-21-2009, 07:11 PM
I would drop 50's ptc. Not a fan of their menu but I have never eaten there. Love tusker house breakfast, and only did crystal palace breakfast once years ago and we loved. The omelet station was incredible. The guy in front of me ordered a 9 egg omelet and they made it right away.

Joannelet
10-21-2009, 08:14 PM
I would drop 50's prime time cafe. Wait till the kids are a bit older for this one.....
The other rest. you chose are great. You will have a wonderful time!! :)

ElenitaB
10-21-2009, 09:31 PM
Our first trip DS was 5. He loved Teppan Edo (it had a different name way back then): talk about dinner with a show! Finally, the boring "wait for your food" part became entertaining. He even asked to go back the next year.

As for eating at both CM and TH with the relatively same group of characters, that was potential disaster for us. DS expected Mickey (or Pluto or Donald) to remember their previous time together. After all, Mickey is Mickey, right? I caught on rather quickly and would mention casually to Mickey a detail or two from their previous encounter and then Mickey (or Pluto or Donald) would catch on as well and would even look for his signature in DS' autograph book and make a big deal of it. That was the last trip I booked two meals with the same character in the same trip.

Depending on what time you arrive the day before and what time your ADR is, I'd consider dropping Chef Mickey. Also, I didn't see H&V on your list. Admittedly the food isn't the greatest (though I never thought it was as bad as many say), but the characters are very much geared to the 3-4 (maybe even 5) year old set.

brownie
10-22-2009, 08:05 AM
I'd probably drop Teppan Edo.

Lakin
10-22-2009, 08:12 AM
Crystal Palace (isn't that closing for refurbishment anyway?).

Not until 2013.

KathyMJ
10-22-2009, 09:09 AM
The Disney site notes that Crystal Palace will be closed for refurbishment from 1/3/10 until 2/13/10.
Liberty Tree Tavern will have Character meals during this time period.

SignguyTom
10-22-2009, 10:40 AM
Teppan Edo should be dumped. Kids aren't going to be reall cool with that one.

Actually, I think the kids would dig it! I haven't been there yet, but it's on the ADR list in Dec. From what I understand, they grill the food Hibachi-style right at your table. If they toss around the utensils and shakers like other Japanese restaurants, I think the kids would love the show.

As far as the food goes, all TS reastaurants have a kids' menu. Most even have the basics (mac & cheese, chicken nuggets, spaghetti, etc.) even if not listed on the menu. You usually just need to ask...

And to the OP, I'd definitely drop CP breakfast. MK mornings are too valuable to spend in a chair.

KylesMom
10-22-2009, 10:49 AM
We usually have great experiences at both Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace. With the ages of your children, I would contemplate dropping Teppan Edo, Boma or 50's Prime Time. They're at a great age for character dining, and I wouldn't take any of those away. :mickey: