PDA

View Full Version : World Series

loveit
10-20-2009, 10:24 PM
can anyone tell me what restuarant to eat at while the world series is on with televisions so we can watch it. I have a reservation at the irish pub in pleasure island. Do they have T.V.'s ?:mickey:

seanyred
10-20-2009, 10:49 PM
Don't know about the Irish Pub...but there is ESPN Zone on the Boardwalk and they have a ton of TV's

JerseyMouse
10-21-2009, 05:46 PM
If you want the rowdyness of a sportsbar, then go with ESPN Club, if you don't, any one of the lounges in WDW would have it on, I'm sure.

SillySymphony
10-26-2009, 06:59 PM
We were there during the ALCS post-season games last year. Let me banish any wonder of who we are and what we are: WE are long-standing, (not-so-long) long-suffering (anymore), card carrying members of the Red Sox Nation. Business brought me to "The World", which is never a bad thing, however- it became immediately clear to us on night one of our stay that Disney Resort T.V. does not acknowledge the existence of Ted Turner. We sat in front of my laptop in our room at CBR, ignoring a beautiful night and the fact that we had been given a pool room and watched the box scores roll... Later that week, we left Epcot early to cruise to ESPN Zone only to find them showing a Texas Longhorn game on EVERY T.V. All this while a fervent (and growing group of Red Sox fans gathered outside to shout in chorus: We want baseball ! (swear to God... truth). They eventually relented and switched one outdoor T.V. over to the Red Sox - Tampa game. (can you believe it? Here w are in FL and a local brew and sports facility wasn't broadcasting the ALCS as the Main Event. I learned something that night about the difference in fandom between RSN and the Rays supporters. Anyway, we (ashamedly) watched our beloved BoSox lose at an offsite pub called The Ale House. HUGE place. Good pub food. True Sports atmosphere. More importantly... they get TBS and TNT.

ginny57
10-27-2009, 01:22 PM
I was there 10/8 to 10/14 and didn't want to miss my Phillies. Since TBS/TNT were not an option in the room we went to ESPN. As the game started, the Yankees were finishing so we only had a few TVs to view but then, over time, we had them ALL. The game started SO late (what is up with that?) and finished AFTER ESPN closed. By then there were still the die hard Phillies fans (20 or so) and the management/staff were nice enough to let us stay AFTER CLOSING to watch our Phillies win the game.

No complaints here! Great game - great place to watch - great management that let us stay till after 2:00 AM.

GO PHILLIES!!

epceddie
10-27-2009, 11:07 PM
The Yankees (the best team that money can buy) will be playing, so if I were you, I'd stay away from a television at all costs.