PDA

View Full Version : Wishes Desert Party

MongoMil
10-20-2009, 05:31 PM
Just talked to a CM and they mentioned this desert party. Well first I have heard about it. So the info I have is it cost adults:21.99 and children:11.99 you get some type of desert and a "special" place for viewing the event. So wondering about first person accounts? How was it? Where is it? Those types of things. Also she said they just keep extending it. It was supposed to end in August but money talks so its still around. lol she didnt say that last part about the money but I did and I got a pretty good chuckle. But any way INFO please and thank you.

Pirate Granny
10-20-2009, 08:14 PM
we loved it...it's just a dessert buffet; mostly chocolate...you need to pay when you make the reservation...and they will charge your card immediately. The night of the ADR...you will be told which section you are in A-B or C...they will take you to that section and the tables are all set up...with NAME TAGS taped to the table (so there is no switching)...there is just the correct amount of chairs that correspond to each ADR...then at least ten feet around the front of the restaurant area all along the railing there is no seating; and persons are not allowed to bring their chairs to that area. About five minutes before the fireworks, people start making their way to the railing...there is plenty of room for all...so...you get feed lots of chocolate (buffet is open 1 hour before fireworks and was still there 30 minutes after fireworks, actually one family arrive just in time for the fireworks and ate afterwards...It's $23.99 (with tax) and if it's not a big group it's well worth it...I'm not sure about a large family...but we sure enjoyed it.
:pirate:

JerseyMouse
10-21-2009, 05:48 PM
Can't wait to try this in November!

Renfairwedding
10-21-2009, 11:08 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Booked it for our trip in December. Sounds way cool. The CM who booked us LOVED it!.

Pally
10-22-2009, 10:07 AM
I would recommend it.

We found check in to be somewhat chaotic in August. Hopefully it is more organized now. I would recommend getting there at least 1/2 an hour prior before or you will be at the end of the line. You recieve wrist bands upon check in. Your table is reserved with your family name on it. No moving. But really it does not matter because when the fireworks start people move to the railing anyway and everyone gets a good view. I liked being at the Noodle Station because the night we were there is started to lightly shower and you are under a covered area. You are not mobbed in crowds. Nice experience in general.

I am not too much into chocoate. My favorites were the fresh chocolate dipped strawberries and fresh fruit. The tiramisu was fantastic. My son is not a big chocoate person either and I asked if it was possible for him to have a small bowl of fresh rasberries. They accomodated us which was very nice.:mickey: