PDA

View Full Version : ADR's for a grand gathering of 15

Mysttree
10-19-2009, 06:58 PM
OK, so I've been doing ALL the ADR's for our grand gathering in January. Not that I mind :secret:
However I am only getting feedback from ONE of our group of 15!!!! Fortunately only 2 of the dinners will be for all 15 of us. (Boma & Ohana)
Since they aren't really giving me much feedback I've chosen what "I" want!! I'd also like to share them with y'all as I know you will appreciate my efforts & choices :thumbsup:
They are as follows
Monday - Rainforest Cafe 1:15pm (only chosen for the kids, not the food!)
Tuesday- Boma 8 pm
Wed- free (I'd like to do the Afternoon Tea at GF)
Thurs.- Narcoosee's for our anniversary dinner
Friday- Le Cellier 4pm
Sat- Raglan Road 8 pm
Sunday Ohana 8:55pm

So, what do you think??

Seasonscraps
10-19-2009, 10:10 PM
They look good to me but I would be a little concerned about the 8:00pm & 8:55 dinners - I don't know if that's too late for the kids in your group.

I was the designated ADR maker for a large group. The only piece of advice I can give you is to not take it personally. I tried to get everyone involved kept everyone well informed of everything that was scheduled and still had people complain, change plans, show up or not show up as scheduled.

tadcd
10-19-2009, 10:38 PM
Your ADRs look very good. Nice variety for different tastes. I also got my ADRs and I too was forced into a very early dinner at Le Cellier - mine is 4:10 pm. This will throw us off a bit, but it is so popular that we just had to try it. They will love Boma, something delicious for everyone (except my DH, sadly, but he is very unusual :blush:). Also, a free day is very smart.

I agree with the previous post, don't take it personally, and I would go farther to say, take off your organizer hat the moment you breathe in the Disney air, and just expect folks to take responsibility for themselves. Have a fabulous time!

-Teresa

Mysttree
10-20-2009, 12:19 PM
Thanks, the not taking it personally is VERY good advice. I have tried to do my best, and I have told them that if they don't want to do something that it is fine.
My fear is that at the last minute- everyone will want to join us at Le Cellier or Narcoosee's- at which point I will just have to say sorry- you can see if you can do walk up.
The problem as I see it is that 1/2 are first-timers & so they don't really have a clue what they want to do.
For the late dinners I think it will be OK. For example the 8:55 Ohana we will be heading back to MK for EMH until around 1 am. I assume we will be doing a late lunch on those days.
Some of our group will have DDP, while others are going to be stretching their pennies...The penny stretchers are the ones I don't expect to eat very often with us. They also don't want to take any time away from rides to rest & relax. As this is their first visit, I understand their enthusiasm...but WE will be going at a different pace. Can anyone say 'Afternoon naps'?? ;)
Also they don't think they will have any extra money for meals...it's their honeymoon & what they don't know is that we are planning on giving them a little gift when we get there!! :secret:
Personally I have so much fun planning that I can't contain my excitement!! :mickey: